It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator..."
-- George W. Bush

Bush is one creepy man... how's he still the president? Creepy man...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I hate to admit it, but I'd probably at least think the same thing if I were President. Running a country would be a lot easier from the ruler's perspective if it's a dictatorship. Fortunately though, that's not the rules of this game.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
One would hope.....Who knows?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Born
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier...just as long as I'm the dictator..."
-- George W. Bush

Because you elected him... twice.

I'm not an American, but I'd like to see more than two major political parties in the States. Sure, there's libertarians and independents and people like that, but half the population probably doesn't know anything about them. I think the lack of political choice is one key reason people like Bush manage to stay in office longer than most people want.

If by 'how's he still the president' you mean why hasn't he been removed from office, it's because he (as far as I am aware) hasn't done anything illegal. Ah, well, only three more years, right? (Then it's Jeb's turn
)

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

-- George W. Bush

This is a look inside the head of the head of state... A ruler's wet dream....

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

-- George W. Bush

Yeah, this is old news, this came about during his first term i think. I remember reading about it on some conspiracy website that stated it.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
He's also very funny! "A vast majority of the Iraqi people want to live in peace and prosperity, we will find these people and bring them to justice"

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
YO, guys and gals....

it was........a joke.....you know....humor?

Something Kerry was also famous for...not John Kerry, but a friend of mine, named Kerry, back in High School...he was funny!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
He's also very funny! "A vast majority of the Iraqi people want to live in peace and prosperity, we will find these people and bring them to justice"

(off topic comment) When I took an english course 2 years ago, we had an exam where we had to correct 40 sentences with grammatical errors in them. All 40 were direct quotes from George W. Bush.
There are probably hundreds more where they came from, too.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

-- George W. Bush

not trying to be the red ball of blue balls but, this was recorded on video; and he was obviously joking

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne

Originally posted by Atomix

(off topic comment) When I took an english course 2 years ago, we had an exam where we had to correct 40 sentences with grammatical errors in them. All 40 were direct quotes from George W. Bush.
There are probably hundreds more where they came from, too.

Is our children learning?

You know, I read somewhere (sorry, I don't have the source and I can't remember where it was) that Bush has no problem speaking when he's talking about kicking butt and taking names, but when he has to talk about actually helping people, that's where he has speech problems.

I need to search for that, because I found that VERY interesting!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
its not that i dont have a sense of humor, but a president waging war against countries, sending soldiers to occupy them, and putting big pictures of himself up in his own country and then joking about how easier it would be if he were in charge of a dictatorship... is hard to find funny

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's true!

I believe it was Gore Vidal who said "There is no problem so great that it couldn't be solved if everyone did what I said."

If you're a dictator, it's a lot easier to do things. Doesn't mean you would, or agree with it, it just means it's easier. And you know it.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hey, I found the source I mentioned!

Here are a few excerpts:

"He has no trouble speaking off the cuff when he's speaking punitively, when he's talking about violence, when he's talking about revenge," Miller told Whyte. "When he struts and thumps his chest, his syntax and grammar are fine. It's only when he leaps into the wild blue yonder of compassion, or idealism, or altruism, that he makes these hilarious mistakes."

and this...

Another example, Miller said, occurred early in Bush's White House tenure when he said, "I know how hard it is to put food on your family."

According to Miller, "That wasn't because he's so stupid that he doesn't know how to say, 'Put food on your family's table' — it's because he doesn't care about people who can't put food on the table."

Miller told Whyte, "When he tries to talk about what this country stands for, or about democracy, he can't do it."

"This, then, is why he's so closely watched by his handlers, Miller says not because he'll say something stupid, but because he'll overindulge in the language of violence and punishment at which he excels," Whyte wrote.

"He's a very angry guy, a hostile guy. He's much like Nixon. So they're very, very careful to choreograph every move he makes. They don't want him anywhere near protestors, because he would lose his temper," Miller said.

"I call him the feel bad president, because he's all about punishment and death," Miller told Whyte. "It would be a grave mistake to just play him for laughs."

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
"He has no trouble speaking off the cuff when he's speaking punitively, when he's talking about violence, when he's talking about revenge," Miller told Whyte. "When he struts and thumps his chest, his syntax and grammar are fine. It's only when he leaps into the wild blue yonder of compassion, or idealism, or altruism, that he makes these hilarious mistakes."

Back in Texas, when he was running there, he was a real silver tongued debater. Far better than any effort we've seen by anybody lately on the national level.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I have heard that Hilliary Cliton will eventually run for pres. who knows. And honestly, im surprised that no-one has tried to assasinate bush yet, you know, for all of this war crap and all of the trouble that he has brought this country.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Common People !

A Dictatorship ? Really, I think that we are far from a dictatorship if you look at the facts. I know that it's real easy to fall into the trap of complanning and not doing anything positive about it. Lets get specific. What are the things that we are crying about. Does it really affect me at my level ? Will it affect my children ? Will it affect my job ? Will it affect my well being as a person ? So far I haven't heard anyone bring up anything specific. Now I could talk about the Clintons all day long in regerds to the questions above but I think that we all had enough of that crap in the white house.

As far as Bush is concerened: We finally opened our eyes to the global threat of terrorism which was brought to the attention of the previous president ( Hilary and Bill ) and they turned their heads away in disbelief and look way happend-9-11 ! This type of terrorism agains the west has been in the works since the early 80's and we continued to turn away. The facts were there. But it was too important to get a hummer instead of looking out for you and me and the lives of our children. By the way did you know that Bill Clinton signed away our children and the militray to the UN on unspecified terms ! Well here is just one example of things that are going on behind the seens.

Like so many have said Clinton was the perfect pawn in this game of life. When it came down to it, his own lifes problems over shadowed the problems in the US and the World. He didn't pay much attention to what really matters and signed just about anything that was put in front of him.

So with that lets look at the US now. The economy has come back. There are more jobs being created. Education is being funded. We have finally opened our eyes to the Global threat and are actually doing something about it. Healthcare, Medical and Retirement are being looked at and scrutenized since nothing at all got taken care of the previous 8 years.

Lets remember something: When it comes to his vocabulary he might be a country boy and might not use the grammer that you are used too but at least he is not sitting in his chair ignoring the facts of what going on around us.

Like Einstein - The man couldn't tie his own shoe but it wasn't what he couldn't do, It's what he did, with what God gave him and he used it the best of his ability.

Both Einstein and Bush believed and prayed to the same God and look how God has revealed himslef through the power of his people.

Well enough said with that.

So lets read and learn the truths that are out there and stop believing in a blurb the half truth that is usually found in the papers of our liberal media.

Take it easy and Hapy Hunting !

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
george bush, john howard and tony blair will bring ORDER to this currpt planet

new topics

top topics

join