It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goin' back to college...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well, next week I start back to college to get my bachelor's in Business Management...then probably go on from there. Will take a while, but will eventually be worth it. The wife never went, but she's going too, but different courses, as I've already had a couple years... I haven't been in school for 10 years, and I'm looking forward to it...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
GOOD FOR YOU !!

Wish you the best, good luck and don't party too hard.. :shk:

OH wait, probably not going to that kind of college are you...

Seriously , good luck !!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That's great Gazrok!

I miss it man....It changed my perspectives on so many things - Added a third dimension to the way I see things now...

Hey - If you need to take an elective, I say go for a movie class! Those are so much fun....You'll never watch a movie the same way again

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, adult education, fully accredited, etc. and condensed courses, some online, some on campus, etc. so won't be too many electives there...
Still, I'll try to find classes that are in my areas of interest, as I'll do better in them... Many of my co-workers have gone on to MBA's there etc. and moved up, so finally taking the plunge myself...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Nice one Gazrok

Good luck

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well, first day back to school was certainly interesting. We were all warned about the amount of work, etc. but to be honest, I’m a little underwhelmed. Of course, my wife thinks I’m insane. I’ve got a 1000 word paper due by next class and she’s just happy her class (her first time in college, whereas I’ve had a couple years) isn’t doing that, hehe… A 1000 word paper? Hell, I’ve got posts longer than that,

Anyhoo, it’s an interesting mix of people in my class (GEN 300, just a college skills refresher). Most are ex-military, one guy from Lockheed, another from Raytheon, a few Verizon guys, and then soccer moms, even a guy who makes a living selling “air” in essence…(sells stuff within EverQuest). Odd that the Raytheon guy and the Lockheed guy ended up in the same group. Lockheed just beat out Raytheon on a project that hit Raytheon really hard. During the break we had some interesting chats about the Raptor though.

It’s neat having my wife in the next classroom. We see each other on breaks. Four hours right after work is no picnic though. On school days, I’m leaving the house at 7am, and getting home at 10:30pm. Dinner consists of whatever we can grab at a drive-thru on such days. Still, eventually it’ll be worth it…

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
by selling air you mean uber dork?

I'm suprised people buy crap for a video game, i thought the fun was suppose to be collecting the crap yourself... imo if he's going to do it right he needs like 6-8 comps hooked up running the game /end of minirant

i've taken a lot of time off from school, probably too much hehehe went last semester but only took 2 online courses through the school.......

if a sailor doesn't know which port he's headed to, then no wind is favorable... or something like that.

ps: Big ups to you man

[edit on 24-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I played EQ back in the beta days, and then for a year or so after release...
I built a guild, and it was pretty neat, as my character was well known and respected, despite not really being that high a level.

Of course, through my guildmates, I had gear that was really out there. I was one of the first dark elves walking around in purchased full plate, hehe...(couldn't have the guild leader looking like a ragamuffin
) I was there more for the RP aspect, and we and some other guilds really had some good storylines going. In real life, I'd be emailing and messaging other (enemy) guild leaders and we'd organize surprise strikes, guildwars, quests, etc. It was a lot of fun. When it became about sitting around and killing the same thing over and over again, just to get some item...well, it lost it's appeal to me, hehe.... (hence the "air" selling, selling virtual items, etc.)

This was all before being married of course...so I had a bit more free time. That guy's gotta be losing some money if he's in class hours each week,
but he's better off for it.

We've even got an ex-con in class, who's turned his life around and has one degree, going for another, and wants to mentor troubled kids, etc. That's pretty inspiring to see.

new topics

top topics

join