It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armageddon: Bringing It On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
You may not realize this, but all across the Muslim world, the War on Terrorism is being seen as a Holy War. Well not just any holy war/jihad, but The Holy War. Christians and Muslims both believe in Armageddon and end of times prophecies, the only disagree on exactly who is returning.

The Muslim world and arabic media are touting the War on Terrorism mainly the U.S involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan and Middle East affairs as the "end is nigh". They are fighting for their religion, for their way of life, this is it for them.....Armageddon; Coming to a Country Near You!!!

The Newsweek allegations, the Abu Ghraib Abuse, all contribute to this mentality.

Armageddon: Bringing it on

'The end is nigh ...'
The Muslim media from Egypt to Pakistan consistently paint al-Qaeda, the US-led "war on terror", the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and events such as those in Uzbekistan in the perspective of the "End of Time" and Har Megiddo.

In Islam, before the return of Jesus (Isa), the Mehdi (restorer of the faith), will appear at the end of time to restore justice on earth and establish universal Islam. The Mehdi will be preceded by al-Dajjal, a Muslim anti-god, who will be defeated and will try to flee from the valley of Har Megiddo, which is in the Jezreel valley, in the north of Israel. Due to its strategic location, it has seen many battles. In 1918, there was a decisive battle between the British and the Ottomans, and General Alenby won the title "Lord of Megiddo". The same area now serves as an Israeli airbase.

In Muslim legend, "Khorasan" is from where an army will emerge to support Muslims in the Middle East. Their battle will end with victory in Palestine and the revival of Khilafah (caliphate). For the past few decades, Muslim academics have described Khorasan as the Central Asian states, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"End of Time" programs are sold in CDs and DVDs across the Muslim world, which romanticize the Taliban, al-Qaeda and Hizbut Tehrir and add to their popularity.

Al-Qaeda is working to turn the story of Megiddo and the End of Time into reality. And the president of the United States, George W Bush, believes Armageddon is at hand: "The evil one is among us," he said in 2002, in a clear reference to the Antichrist. To quote Michael Ortiz Hill, "[T]he Commander in Chief of the most powerful military force in human history has located American foreign policy within a Biblical narrative that leads inexorably towards the plains of Megiddo ..."

You may not believe it or want to realize it, but this is a Holy War and it will never end until we're all destroyed.

btw please read the link above if you would like a full perspective.

[edit on 5-19-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think that is the problem. There will be no end to this so called "war on terror" because the Bush Doctrine makes it so that the war can keep finding new places to fight. The thing that I think alot of people dont realize yet is exactly like the people in Vietnam who had a history of war and were willing to fight until the last man, we see it happening again, fighting a battle against people who will die to the man in the middle east, and the American people are losing their stomach for it. Armegeddon, that sounds a little too spooky religious to me. If revelations was coming it would have come a long time ago. Unfortunately, we're stuck in a world worse then one filled with locusts that have scorpion tails and fire breathing horses because this world is of our own design.

-aero

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Aero]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aero
Armegeddon, that sounds a little too spooky religious to me.

Well, that is the problem isn't it? Spooky Religions are what everyone is using to justify their aggression, violence, and greed for power.

What scares me is that there are Christians that are so caught up in their own delusions that they actaully want to bring about Armegeddon, since they believe they will be "raptured" and all the other humans that didn't agree with them with get their deserved eternity in Hell. There is some Christian Love for ya.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yea, i think this whole thing is just sad. And i didnt realise that all the muslims considered this THE holy war.

just for clarification AMBIENT SOUND: not all christians believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. That is an ideology that was "invented" in the 1970's by non-denominational and evangelical fundementalism. (fundementalism, not in the sense of fanatical by the way.)

so not all christians believe this. and according to the bible (not to start up another discussion in this thread) it doesnt suggest that at all. It is merely an interpretation people have gotten and have used it to try and convert people. Being a christian myself i will say that i dont believe in a pre-trib rapture. and in fact the majority do not. Like i said prior to the 1970's this idea was illogical according to biblical theologians and scholars. so please examine your claims closer before you attack.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher[/I]
You may not realize this, but all across the Muslim world, the War on Terrorism is being seen as a Holy War. The Muslim world and arabic media are touting the War on Terrorism mainly the U.S involvement in Iraq, Afghanistan and Middle East affairs as the "end is nigh".

This may be right taking in consideration that US is after all in their lands.......I guess they feel in the right to call it an invasion and intrusion of their affairs.

They are fighting for their religion, for their way of life, this is it for them.....Armageddon; Coming to a Country Near You!!!

Your are also right on this, after all as fanatical as it may be to us its actually this people way of life and believe what they think is in jeopardy by the western civilization.

The Newsweek allegations, the Abu Ghraib Abuse, all contribute to this mentality.

Now, I see more of an advantage to bring more fighters to their cause and to increase their ranks, that a contribution to their mentality........their mentality has been against the west all alone, Abu Ghraib is just a good example for them to hate American more.

'The end is nigh ...'
The Muslim media from Egypt to Pakistan consistently paint al-Qaeda, the US-led "war on terror", the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and events such as those in Uzbekistan in the perspective of the "End of Time" and Har Megiddo.

Taking in consideration that Americans are mostly Christians and believers of the end of times I guess they are using the same believes of Christians to emphasize the reason for war.

Actually believe it or not all this middle east conflict actually play right on the hands of the people that actually believe in revelations.

But the truth is that we humans in this earth has fought each other like cats and dogs under the umbrella of religious believes and we have survive without bringing the world to the "end of times" and to the brink of extinction.

top topics

join