It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My free-energy experiment - what is wrong with this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
the n/s ends of the upper magnets cancel out to a neutral field that wont move anything, even the magnet below them.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
and if you try 2 different size / powerful magnets (total stregnth i guess would be power * size) , it will create a field that hte magnet below will rotate to a certain angle only then stop once the nuetral charge has been reached

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
well thats just my guess i dont have a background in science or aynthing it just seems logical to me im only in 11th grade

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I do not have a Phd, so I was wondering, Aelita, if you could read this and tell me if the law of conservartion of energy covers different dimensions or if this could happen:
www.virtualchaos.org...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
well tbh i just read the first few sentences of that and its pure bunk . energy travels in dimensions, its not a form of a dimension. i dont even know what virtual chaos was about but it looked a giant string of logic all dependent on the previous statements and if one is false.. the entire thing is.

[edit on 5/19/05 by RedDragon]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
there is a near perpetual motion machine based on this concept.

i think its in norway or sweden?

it basically works by magnets attracting a metal ball on a circular track, except its balanced so that the ball is always rolling downhill. it works with weights and levers i think. so the weights are always helping the ball to keep rolling. its hard to explain but its simple when you see it.

its not a perpetual motion machine though, just close.

i think this is it.

www.padrak.com...

its kept in a vault. saw it on tlc

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This engine could work but only if you pump energy from another source into the repelling magnets. Basically you have to have a Battery or another energy that will supply electrical energy to an electrical magnent that will repel the spinning magnet with enough force to cause an engine to turn over at enough RPM's to accomplish anything.

If you put the engine together in your diagram and start it up it may turn around twice before stopping.

apc

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You run into the motor phenomena with this, which is what all electromagnetic rotary motors are based off of.
Basically, what youre describing in your diagram, wouldnt work because as the magnet passed point 1, the field from point 3 would already be exibiting a repulsive force, maintaining the attractive position at point 1. It would edge into point 2 for only an instant, never even making it to point 3.
The other ideas proposed in this thread would launch it beyond point 2, using point 3 to propel it back around, but as has already been said, you'd use more energy than you gained.

Keep up the thoughts tho.. noone ever learns anything new until they question what we already 'know.'

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
You run into the motor phenomena with this, which is what all electromagnetic rotary motors are based off of.
Basically, what youre describing in your diagram, wouldnt work because as the magnet passed point 1, the field from point 3 would already be exibiting a repulsive force, maintaining the attractive position at point 1. It would edge into point 2 for only an instant, never even making it to point 3.
The other ideas proposed in this thread would launch it beyond point 2, using point 3 to propel it back around, but as has already been said, you'd use more energy than you gained.

Keep up the thoughts tho.. noone ever learns anything new until they question what we already 'know.'

I see what you are saying now. Thank for the input. I still think there is a way out there somewhere.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I wanted to comment you on a good start. The only downfall about using magnets is that when they are used to do work they lose their energy or deguass as physics calls it. When ever two magnets are put toward eachother for the process of work or momentum they will eventually stop. Wheather they are being pulled toward each other or away from one another. I would highly recomend that you look at the three laws of Thermodynamics when dealing with an invention such as this one. They are by far your best bet in creating an energy device that is workable. Theses three laws are assential in creating a device that won't stop over time. You may here online of alot of free eneregy devices that people claim to be free energy and work but its all a load of garbage. Many people think that its ok to violate the laws of physics and that by some miracle that there inventions will run forever, when in fact its not true. Someother things that you have to consider thinking about is energy loss which is one of the biggest problems when dealing with this type of invention. Over-unity devices are not realistic with the current laws of physics because you can't get more out of something than what you put into it. By having over0-unity devices you would have an uneven equalibrium state and energy loss would stop such a device. Hope this helps best wishes!!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It seems to me that outside the 2 magnets acts with moving the wheel and the space between the magnets acts against it. I am thinking that if the wheel weighs a good amount and the two magnet are close together, it seems there would around 66% for the movement and 33% against, thus making it enough to keep going.

godservant, the problem with your reasoning here is that the magnitudes of the forces are not equal at all three points. At (1), there will be one "large" accelerating force and one "small" decelerating one (from the right-side magnet), at (2) there will be two "large" decelerating forces, and at (3) there will be one "large" accelerating force and two "small" ones. (The different "large forces" will not necessarily be exactly equal due to the distance to the magnets changing as the central one rotates around the wheel, but they will be similary.)

It might be easier to understand this if you consider what happens if just the left magnet is there and then just the right magnet, and take the total interaction as the sum of these.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ironically, this is the reason I joined this group.
The problem has always been that the magnetic forces tend to cancel each other out. However, the push/pull nature of magnets is definitely the way to go.
What is needed is a design whereby the force(s) can overwhelm the previous exertion. I believe the answer lies in the geometry of the design and also believe I have the solution. I could give you part of it, however, it is really so simple you would no doubt figure it all out for yourselves and that would be like me throwing my baby out with the bathwater. (Also, birthing this technology would have its consequences which is why I feel it has been suppressed... it is so simple I wonder that the greats of mankind failed to see it when I do?)
I will give you a clue though. think about speed differential. A faster spin would exert a stronger force... and two overpowers one naturally. It's all in the design.
David brought down a giant with a stone utilizing the physics of a sling. It is possible to exert more force than an object alone (or a man's arm) are capable of generating. I guess there is the argument that it was the strength of his arm that propelled the sling, however, the strength of your arm won't throw a stone as far as a sling could. Physics can be utilized/manipulated to advantage.

If you were to listen to mainstream science you would simply give up ... think outside of the box... and use neo-dymium iron boron magnets (which is what I will use if I ever get around to R&D), but be careful, they tend to want to slam together and create shrapnel.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by utrex

It seems to me that outside the 2 magnets acts with moving the wheel and the space between the magnets acts against it. I am thinking that if the wheel weighs a good amount and the two magnet are close together, it seems there would around 66% for the movement and 33% against, thus making it enough to keep going.

godservant, the problem with your reasoning here is that the magnitudes of the forces are not equal at all three points. At (1), there will be one "large" accelerating force and one "small" decelerating one (from the right-side magnet), at (2) there will be two "large" decelerating forces, and at (3) there will be one "large" accelerating force and two "small" ones. (The different "large forces" will not necessarily be exactly equal due to the distance to the magnets changing as the central one rotates around the wheel, but they will be similary.)

It might be easier to understand this if you consider what happens if just the left magnet is there and then just the right magnet, and take the total interaction as the sum of these.

I see what you are saying and I saw that in the beginning. However, I thought that with the magnets being close together, stage 2 would be a shorter visit then the others. I think my logic was flawed.

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I do find the concept of magnetic motors. I and "postings" actually recently had a lonnnnggg conversation on the logistics of this tech. We are both in the process of constructing a similar device.

If youve ever seen around the net, the thing with the semi circle, magnets, and the ballbearing that shoots round the semi circle, that is the same basic concept. i cant for the life of me find it.

Your basic concept is on the right track, but try adding magnets all the way round, so the pivot, also with a north magnet on its end, will constantly be repelling. If i finish mine ill post a link to the new thread.

Whatever anyone says, if you get it going you could make a FORTUNE. i strongly reccomend actually trying to build it. keep up the good work!

[edit on 19-7-2005 by Shadow88]

apc

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Your basic concept is on the right track, but try adding magnets all the way round, so the pivot, also with a north magnet on its end, will constantly be repelling. If i finish mine ill post a link to the new thread.

You would have to oscillate the charge of the rotating core... hehe this is called a 'motor'

[edit on 19-7-2005 by apc]

posted on Jul, 19 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If you are serious about it, don't "fix" your magnets in a permanent (no pun intended
) position... this would allow the push/pull force to have an effect instead of just cancelling the other push/pull force. PM me if you'd like some design help.
As to the making of a forune, it would be as lucrative as OPEC which is a trillion dollar a year industry. The problem as I stated earlier is that of suppression. Maybe the climate (pun intended) is ripe for a change?
Good luck!

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
i have said a few times, if you can wait until i come back from my hols, i will build it and get some video footage up here of it running.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join