It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ats racist against the Lepruchaun?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is one poor fellow who seems to never get any coverage around here. Im seriously starting to wonder if fellow ATS'ers are racist against it. I do think it fits under Cryptozoology. Maybe its not in the right category so if anyone would be so kind as to pointing me in the right direction that would be nice!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Lepruchaun's are a more of FolkTale than anything else. That includes Living animals or Cryptozoology.

I'm not sure where the right forum would be, if at all.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Its something I think we should pay more attention to then Spring Heeled jack.

Have any of you ever walked to the end of a rainbow where the beam actually hits the ground? Ive tried it plent of times with no success.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
An arc of spectral colors, usually identified as red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet, that appears in the sky opposite the sun as a result of the refractive dispersion of sunlight in drops of rain or mist.

Which pretty much means that, depending on your visual perspective the rainbow will appear in a different place.

I take it that you have to be jesting with us with regard to your belief on rainbows and Leprechauns, if not I have some bad news for you regarding the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus.....

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Koka]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I didnt know you could be racist towards something that isnt human...but what do i know...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
leprechauns will fall under the category of elves, pixies, fairies, etc, hence the paranormal forum, so the thread will be moved there

these threads might also be helpful to you
Do you believe in elves?

do creatures such as gnomes and elves really exist?

and No ATS is not racist against leprechauns.

[edit on 5-19-2005 by worldwatcher]

Odd

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i am offended by the idea that paranormal equals ignorance.

you people can be so closed-minded sometimes; if you haven't seen it, it must not exist, eh?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Bet they never spent a night in the back garden sitting in a deck chair with a shotgun and a bottle of whiskey trying to keep those little buggers off the roof stealing the roof tiles!!!!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yes! Yes we are , World Watcher, and we'll have no more talk of those filthy little imps!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yes! Yes we are , World Watcher, and we'll have no more talk of those filthy little imps!

I'll have you know that the little buggers have a high standard of hygiene. It's their low level of morality and decency which continues to astound!!!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.empirezwinger.com...

//ed to return imgae to link format//

[edit on 19-5-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Have you asked David Iches opinion on this , ill bet he said that George Bush is one , but pretending to be a Human Being.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bulldog 52

Have you asked David Iches opinion on this , ill bet he said that George Bush is one , but pretending to be a Human Being.

I think George may be a little bit closer to being the Fairy king to be quite honest. God knows what that would make Dick Cheney, but Condi Rice would be the Banshee. (C'mon, Whoopi Goldberg has already been there!!)

As for David Icke, I am sure if George was a leprechaun who could change into a frog or a newt then maybe he would be interested?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think the stories of leperchauns come from drunken irishmen(I am proudly of this ethnic group). Of course there are many strange stories especially from Ireland of Banshees, types of female vampires that take your soul,etc.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I didn't realise the Irish were considered an ethnic group. Our ethnicicity is in much question considering the amount of different races and gene pools we have absorbed down through the ages.

Ever hear the expression "More Irish than the Irish themselves"?

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
I think the stories of leperchauns come from drunken irishmen(I am proudly of this ethnic group). Of course there are many strange stories especially from Ireland of Banshees, types of female vampires that take your soul,etc.

Not quite sure what a leperchaun is, but I would be afraid to touch it! Drunk or not!

A Banshee is the spirit which takes the form of an old ladies voices wailing in the night (sometimes even an apparition is involved). Hearing this wailing generally portends some disaster that will befall your family, most often a death of a loved one.

There is a legend of vampires in Ireland. It was said to be a sickness which was passed on from person to person, causing an aversion to light and a perversion towards drinking human blood. The disease was carried in what was to become known as "bad blood" or in Gaelic, "Droch Fhola", this is pronounced Drok-huhla. Sound familiar?

Don't believe me? Check out where Bram Stoker liked to holiday on occasion and where he may have picked up an idea from a story already being told around the fire by a local sheanachui.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Nothing against Lep's here..

But I think Randy Newman had a problem with them...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i know agilr who says she was chased by a banshee serioulys she it was and old women wailing after her creepy

top topics

join