It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indias pathetic army/defense industry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
In a war india has to rely on a number of countries to maintain her army. eg. russia france israle.

what can they make small arms rounds.??

Can you even call the indian military industry even a industry????

NO WAY

Indian army is 70% russian origin . not forgeting other western tech..

maybe indias indegenoius industry makes up 5% of there army equipment.

CHinas industrie is nearly 100% chinese made. (excluding su- planes and ships/subs)

in a war china could easily mass produce planes tanks and other nessary but the indian government will just crumble

But we can't say with any confidence what is the long run IQ potential of Indians overall. Their current IQ score (81) is low, especially compared to China (100), the other country with hundreds of millions of poor peasants. Yet, keep in mind just how narrow life in rural India was for so long. In 1952, on the fifth anniversary of independence, the Indian government commissioned a survey to find out if the average Indian villager had heard yet that the British had gone. The study was quietly cancelled when early results showed that the average villager had never heard that the British had ever arrived!

See for yourself how smart indians are

M6D

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
i swear er..this is almost bordering on racism, as long as it stays in like, healthy competition. I mean, im half chinese, but calm down.....im not nearly that patriotic

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
in a war china could easily mass produce planes tanks and other nessary but the indian government will just crumble

Stupid statement, modern day tanks and planes cannot be massed produced. This isn't WW2 where equipment was basic and contained no electronics and took a few days to teach someone how to use it.

:lol How many Su-27 can you make in a day ? NONE. How many in a week ? NONE.

So is this what the Weaponry forum has come to, a bunch of completely useless posts beteween the Chicoms and the Indians ? Very Sad

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Stupid statement, modern day tanks and planes cannot be massed produced. This isn't WW2 where equipment was basic and contained no electronics and took a few days to teach someone how to use it.

:lol How many Su-27 can you make in a day ? NONE. How many in a week ? NONE.

So is this what the Weaponry forum has come to, a bunch of completely useless posts beteween the Chicoms and the Indians ? Very Sad

mass production is not how fast you can make them its how many you can make them.

when people think of mass production they think ww2 or thinking very large numbers.

To manufacture in large quantities often by or as if by assembly-line techniques.

they can manufacture tanks and planes in large quantities. what do you think is large quantities?? 10-20-50 yes they can make them.

its called mass production is because one factory makes airframes. another makes electrics another makes seats/interior. then they ship there parts to a factory where all theses get assembled. this ins't a fast process but it is called mass production

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

its called mass production is because one factory makes airframes. another makes electrics another makes seats/interior. then they ship there parts to a factory where all theses get assembled. this ins't a fast process but it is called mass production

The point of mass production is to make things as cheaply and as quickly as possible. If your not making anything quickly then how can it possibly help you n a war ?
The war will be over before anything decent comes out of the factory.

PS. Mass production means producing things on mass, not assembly line production.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Seem's that the Chinese VS indian threads on the aircraft board have migred here... Very sad

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yes ... where ARE the mods on this one( and the other ones too)??!!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Chinawhite

Whats your problem with Indians?

You may want to supply a link to the generalised BS you initially quoted from.

In fact, MODS, why is this thread still open?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
it's a shame pp from india and china starts to blame each other.
feel sorry for both of you.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Chinawhite

Whats your problem with Indians?

You may want to supply a link to the generalised BS you initially quoted from.

In fact, MODS, why is this thread still open?

are you lost haven't you senn the anti-chinese ones. i posted this after the anti-chinese ones. just only 2hours ago from now 7.38 aussie time

i have no problems about indians its if they think its better than china then i get mad

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

The point of mass production is to make things as cheaply and as quickly as possible. If your not making anything quickly then how can it possibly help you n a war ?
The war will be over before anything decent comes out of the factory.

PS. Mass production means producing things on mass, not assembly line production.

i never mentioined assembly line??? i just said how mass production works . i gave example.

How long do you think war is going to take?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

are you lost haven't you senn the anti-chinese ones. i posted this after the anti-chinese ones. just only 2hours ago from now 7.38 aussie time

i have no problems about indians its if they think its better than china then i get mad

In short, No, I haven't seen the anti-chinese threads, they were posted too early for me, and sound hardly wothy of my attention, I guess you're just lucky.

When threads such as this and the others you have mentioned, appear, just let the mods know so they can close it and issue a warn. There is little point in posting an equivalent thread, tit for tat, it serves no purpose other than to show you are easy prey to the antagonists and the ignorant.

I know how you feel, having responded previously in a similar manner, you just have to remember that as mush as a majority of posters on ATS have valid points, there are many who wear blinkers and can only see the world from their own perspective. You can choose to either educate or ignore, but IMO there is little point to responding with a thread such as this.

Peace

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

In short, No, I haven't seen the anti-chinese threads, they were posted too early for me, and sound hardly wothy of my attention, I guess you're just lucky.

When threads such as this and the others you have mentioned, appear, just let the mods know so they can close it and issue a warn. There is little point in posting an equivalent thread, tit for tat, it serves no purpose other than to show you are easy prey to the antagonists and the ignorant.

I know how you feel, having responded previously in a similar manner, you just have to remember that as mush as a majority of posters on ATS have valid points, there are many who wear blinkers and can only see the world from their own perspective. You can choose to either educate or ignore, but IMO there is little point to responding with a thread such as this.

Peace

peace

finally an indian with a brain

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

oh now you say close this thread when on the other one you didn't say jack shiet.. thxs Daedalus3

now your on my to fuk up list

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

peace

finally an indian with a brain

I think you're making assumptions.

I need not be Indian or Chinese to have an opinion on the matter, in fact my opinion has everything to do with misguided threads, and nothing to do with the subject matter itself.

It's your choice to heed the advice given or cast it to oneside, but to do both, as in your response above leaves me a little confused.

I've said my peace..

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Koka]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
PEACE..

no bias threads. i want to close this one down

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Look at a hypothetical scenario :

>India wants 400 T-72 tanks

>China wanst 400 T-72 tanks.

------

Hers's what india does : Honourably buys 400 T-72 from Russia with lisence to manufacture them in india. It calls it the T-72 itself.

Russia is happy with India and looks to sell more avanced stuff to India.

-------
Here's what China does : Buys 25 to 30 T-72's from Russia. Then disects them and uses cheaper materials and reverse engineer's and builds essentially the same thing, gives it a Chinese name, then claims to have proudly developed its own tank.

Then 400 of these are produced in Chinese factories.

The same are then sold to Pakistan(and other nations Russia wont sell the tank to) for a higher price.

Russia is displeased and disgusted with china and wont sell it any of its latest tech.

----
Russia has thus marginalised its defence relations with China, but has'nt severed it because of want of money. While Russia sells india some of its most advanced defence systems like the Su-30MKI (which is vastly superior to China's baseline Su-30 MKK), the TU-23M blackfire long range bomber,the T-90, several submarines, power projection aircraft carriers and many more. And all these come with full technology transfer.

Russia has also offered joint development of the fifth generation, stealthy PAK-FA to india, and has entered into several joint ventures with india making the BrahMos with India,

Europe had embargoed arms sales to China for a very long time and only a few months back was the embargo taken back and still wont offer China any of its latest tech. While Europe has excellent relations with india and is offering systems like the Eurofighter, METEOR BVR missile, latest Scorpene & HDW submarines in addition to the latest Mirage-2000, Sea Harrier, Jaguar DPSA, Carnberra and the Vikant and Viraat aircraft carriers that have been sold to India. Again all these deals are with full technology transer and will be produced and manufactured in India.

America has also offered its PAC-3, P-3C, block 70 F-16, F/A-18 super hornet with an AESA radar to India with joint technology holding schemes and these will be manufactured in Indian factories(if purchased).

While on the other hand, America has embargoed all defence sales to china and even blocks the sale of advanced systems to china from its allies (like the PHALCON AWACS whose sale to China by Israel was blocked by the USA while the same approved the sale of a more advanced and more customised PHALCON AWACS to India).

Bottomline : The whole world is disgusted with chinese copying and is leaving no stone unturned in ensuring the same stagnates and rots.

India continues to recieve the most advanced systems from every avenue with full technology transfer and its defence industry has blossomed rapidly. The same is reflected in India's indegenously developed tech as in the LCA, IJT, CAT, LCH, MCA, Arjun, almost completed AVATAR hyperplane, Mach-8 BrahMos missiles, ICBM's, tec. The Indian Space programme is also very advanced with several indegenous satellite launchers which are also used to launch Italian, German, French satellites.

Chinawhite's post is based on nothing but prejudice and is devoid of sanity. I suggest he take a look at China's "copy-everything" defence industry before making insane comments on others.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Notice:
For all you Indian versus Chinese and Chinese versus Indian members and fans.....this issue of creating topics of "copies" and "pathetic" this and that will be solved and appropriately brought to a closure. This situation has been under ongoing observation and the time is now right for the matter to be properly dealt with and brought to a closure.

This will stop and measures will be taken to ensure that it does stop.
You have all been warned. Stay tuned.

seekerof

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
China builds those 400 tanks to meet chinese requirments. why would you buy someone elses tank and rely on them for spare parts.?

India Honourably buys those tanks so what
... Guess what that meanings. importing spare parts. no jobs created in defence industry and no advancement on the original tech.. Which way is better???

Russia would sell anything to make a buck. They dont sell to pakistan because india will have a cry then put pressure on russia to stop deal. higher price?? we give pakistan military aid

China could have got the chinese version of the MKI. do you wanna know they didn't. because they need a long range strike fighter with very heavy lift to carry anti-ship missiles. they dont need air-superioty planes.

Russia offered china that fifth gen plan development to.. But china refused because one less suppiler. russia offered numerous joint projects because they need someone with money. there is no lack of tech and talent in russia its just money. they need someone dumb enough to go joint venture(india). Russia sells china most advanced subs ships and their anti-ship missiles and SAMs.

Europe embargo arms to china because of human rights not because of tech transfer/copying. France was going to give a aircraft carrier to china in the 1990s. spain wants to build china one. The arms embargo might still be on but china can still get the tech it needs from france and germany.

If america saw india as a threat would america give its most advanced tech to them?? asnwer is no . china = no1 adversariy. block 70 f-16 can you prove that?? and also they were trying to sell you less advanced pariots PAC-2. They are selling you this because in a few years the americans aren't going to use this anymore.

The world disgusted with copying.

comeon i disproved everything you posted.

its not the tech/copying its human rights you think that the reason europe/america is not selling to china because of copying.??
The tech china would buy(same as whats india is getting) is going to phased out of service in the counrty selling them

Chinas ICBMs are already operational and space tech is a lot more advanced.
China launches sateillites for a lot of different countrys to. whats that got to do with it.

The same is reflected in India's indegenously developed tech as in the LCA, IJT, CAT, LCH, MCA, Arjun, almost completed AVATAR hyperplane, Mach-8 BrahMos missiles, ICBM's, tec

bottom line is that none of these systems are finished or deployed. some are still on the drawing board.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

oh now you say close this thread when on the other one you didn't say jack shiet.. thxs Daedalus3

now your on my to fuk up list

What did I say in paranthesis you twit.. You quote stuff you don't even read!!
Whats the point of posting/blogging if you don't read the posts even??!!

check what you quoted and then make your obscene lists...
I said and others too!! Dammit chinawhite.. you're not befitting the haigh IQ you claim the chinese have!!..
What is wrong with you..?!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join