It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosions underneath the WTC Towers b4 they collapsed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
astro

As a point of clarification, I don't accept there was a controlled demolition of either of the towers, either, but there was certainly suspicious activity prior to and after the collapses that has enabled conspiracy theorists to have a field day.

The main points I would want to explain away are post hoc:

* Why was the structural steel, vital to any engineering analysis that would test the causes of failure, taken away for 'recycling' so soon?

* What exactly was the involvement of the company, Controlled Demolition Inc, in specifying the methodologies for the clean-up, and what previous involvements had they had in clean-ups after terrorist attacks, and why are they a preferred supplier of terrorist attack cleanups?

* What did cause the failures (in light of engineering theories that say the building should have withstood the impacts and small fires)?

Some of these have been discussed inconclusively at ATS.

Possibly two of three are easy to explain.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Exactly.

So obvious, they don't see it...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Exactly.

So obvious, they don't see it...

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The towers were hit at a distance from the top so that the fuel would heat the structure and cause metal fatigue,so it would buckle,the floors above the fires provided the weight to initialise what looked like a controlled implosion ,but really was not.the seismic phenomenon was caused by the pilings driven directly into the bedrock below,resonating,flexing and contorting just before they actually failed.
Ya know the funniest part of it is there was a hex placed on that very spot by a gypsy type atrchitect named Gaudie way back in the 1920s I think,he was approached with promises for payment by a couple of scamsters,they ran him around and wasted his time,so he cursed the land that his grand hotel was supposed to have been built on,which was exactly where the WTC was,now some people are tossing around the idea of building that same hotel today to fill the space that was once the WTC.COOL.

posted on Aug, 8 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Gaudi from Barcelona?

I would like to see a link to that. He was a brilliant architect, some of his works still unfinished...

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I will try to figure out where I read that,and get a link back to you if I find it.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The world trade center attack,if that is really what it was,was an anti-event,the people there would have died regardles of their being there or not,if people were immortal until they got buried in rubble,if the only way to kill those immortals was to bury them in rubble,I could like maybe justify some of the nasty things that followed,but this whole thing is becoming a book that just won't close.
No amount of fighting or security will ever change what happened,it is meaningless.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Unbalanced

Some people just like "Whodunnits".

Others want to close a dark chapter in American and world history by knowing exhaustively why this was allowed to happen, brining perpetrators from all sides to justice, and making sure it never happens again.

The plot construction is not complete yet, let alone the writing or reading.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This whole WTC thing is a distraction for a lot of people,I already analysed all the info that I could find,realised that it will come out in 20 years,or after everyone involved is dead,I don't give events after 1913 much thought,1913 is when we lost our country.
The funniest thing that I did is ask why all those firemen were heroes,they chose to put themselves in danger by choosing to do that job,if ya don't wanna die,don't do dangerous stuff,right?.The other thing,how could they not think maybe they should set up just a little ways away from one of the tallest buildings in the world after it had been hit by a great big jet and was on fire,DA!,People get mighty pissed when I bring that stuff up.
They aren't heroes,they're just dead.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
This whole WTC thing is a distraction for a lot of people,I already analysed all the info that I could find,realised that it will come out in 20 years,or after everyone involved is dead,I don't give events after 1913 much thought,1913 is when we lost our country.
The funniest thing that I did is ask why all those firemen were heroes,they chose to put themselves in danger by choosing to do that job,if ya don't wanna die,don't do dangerous stuff,right?.The other thing,how could they not think maybe they should set up just a little ways away from one of the tallest buildings in the world after it had been hit by a great big jet and was on fire,DA!,People get mighty pissed when I bring that stuff up.

What a way to wind down your first day here.
Honey, I come from a family of firefighters.
They know every day they go to work they may never see their family again. But instead of asking to be called heros, they go out and protect other people's families. If your family ever needs one, I hope the engine that pulls up didn't read what you just posted.

EVERY firefigher is a hero, not just those in NYC.

-B.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD

You know what...I haven't got a single firefighter in my family...and I still think you may qualify as the single most idiotic poster I've ever had the misfortune to read. How old are you kid? Can you spell 15 correctly...

shove your little distorted ideas (picked up from your liberal parents talking before you had made it to your wee little bed) up your pubescent backside.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
That's Reality
That's Reality
That's Reality
That's Reality
Turn away,pretend it's not like that,think the thoughts you have been trained to think,react the way you are trained to react.
You don't really think your own thoughts anyway,you think the way you were trained to think.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I have to apologize to you for the way I pointed the ignorance of your statements out last night.

See, the staff has REPEATEDLY told me I have to turn my idiot-detector off when I get on the board. And I have been doing pretty good, but sometimes I forget. (Usually when FM is involved - however, there is a good explanation for that. I can't COMPLETELY turn my detector OFF, I can only set it to sleep mode which is just a real low sensitivity level. FM seems to be able to trigger it even when it is in this sleep mode. I had to recently take further masking steps in order to make sure he doesn't do that anymore.)

But, I digress. Last night's episode has taught me something EXTREMELY valuable. I tend to forget to turn my detector off after I have played to much pool
. So I have made a new sybilline rule for myself. No posting after a long session of pool.

Welcome to the board...I look forward to the opportunity of being presented with a reason to like you.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Valhall
It is always refreshing to talk with individuals who can catch their balance again after being pushed,without whipping out a gun and starting to fire away.That whole thing was just an experiment,the thing with the firefighters,it was just a particularly harsh interpretation to see how people would react,an experiment.
Sometimes you have to throw something nasty into the pool before they notice and ask why you did it.
I suppose it is much safer to do this on the nameless faceless internet than in person in the real world,in fact I know it is from experience,you should see what cops do when you tell them that they chose their profession and the risks that come with it,and they get what is coming to em if they gave it no thought,been tossed in jail for that,no charges stuck,but they really do not like that stuff.
Life is just an experiment,as long as you are alive,you are doing just fine.
No damage done,I may not have been quite as harsh in real life,but then when it is not fired off in a harsh way,sometimes people do not even hear what one is trying to say,a kind of defense mechanism I suppose it may be.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well that's rich, Unbalanced. I now wear a bright shiney new red tag because of your little experiment.

BUT, this is possibly a reason to like you....hmmm.

Look forward to not being caught in anymore unbalanced nets.
And reading your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't have much to read up there,but you are welcome to try.

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Red flags seem to stick to Valhall somehow.

I could not be critical of emergency service workers putting their lives on the line at 9/11 or any other time - whether they are paid commensurately with their efforts or not.

Also, I don't think the official story as to how burning jet fuel caused structural weakening and collapse in just the way it did, in two buildings, has passed my own idiot meter yet. It is still one of the many unanswered questions. It could be as simple as the building not being originally built to the design spec, but I will do a WITD now and ask "Who would benefit from that?"

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I was reading an article that was supposedly written by someone that was involved with the engineering/building of WTC,this person had made suggestions for making the structure more sound,but those suggestions were rejected and this person got canned for making them,there were concerns about the benefits of welding structural elements also,they were riveted instead of welded.
The truth is buried in that landfill where the debris was deposited,the truth is probably no where near as incredible as most believe,gravity has a way with things.
I cannot remember where I read this article,as soon as I do I will provide a link.

posted on Aug, 11 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Also, I don't think the official story as to how burning jet fuel caused structural weakening and collapse in just the way it did, in two buildings, has passed my own idiot meter yet. It is still one of the many unanswered questions. It could be as simple as the building not being originally built to the design spec, but I will do a WITD now and ask "Who would benefit from that?"

M.A., if you will permit somone who has grown up in a family of construction workers..who holds a B.S. degree in Industrial Technology / Construction..and who has spent the last 10 years in structural and geotechnical engineering to shed some light on this point from a professional point of view without teaming up with the Evil Elf for another insult party, I will attempt to explain the reason.

See, every building that catches fire most always suffers some sort of structural damage from the fire..no matter if its wood, steel, or masonry. The everyday person might not see how extreme heat can weaken even the best built structure..but it can. In fact, most state's building codes will not allow a steel or masonry structure which has been gutted by fire to be used again. In the rare cases, for whatever special reason (such as a historical site) that the old structure is left standing, a new structure must be built to support not only the load of the new roof but the old exterior shell as well. This usuall almost doubles the cost of just tearing down and starting anew. It didn't suprise me that thousands of gallons of buring jet fuel finally caused the ultimate failure of the WTC, it suprised me that they stayed up as long as they did and allowed so many people to escape. I don't hold the builders or architects accountable for the failure, I hold them in esteem for designing buidings (way before the time of our advanced computer driven autocad) that withstood such disaster for so long. Now, I know you'll disagree with whatever "professional expertise" you claim to have to back it up but if you are ever told the truth about the structures response to the incident, you've just gotten it.

As much as we try to build things to stand up to punishment, we cannot..not and do it cost effective. We spend countless hours trying to engineer a pavement that won't wear out..but we get potholes...

We designed a ship that was indestructable which now lies broken at the bottom of the sea..and we designed the WTC to stand up to hurricane winds and the impact of the largest plane we had at the time..but if there is one constant in the universe..its the unknown and it's ability to bite you in the a$$.

So, go on. You and Skadi take all the potshots at me you can. I'm sure the article or two you've both read is more than adequate to overule my education and experience.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
www.thewebfairy.com...

I dont like the web site, but the video speaks for itself.

P.s. i did a search and i dont think this has been up before???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join