It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the next step in the evolution of this online community.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Quick question,
DISC members and FSME's are staff too, so how do they fit into this new movement?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

I'm not sure why this has to be done so quickly. If this new form of ATS structure is to be taken seriously, all seven councilors should be selected with the utmost care and reflection.

I agree with you post also.

ATS qualify members should have been allowed time to post their preferences so members that are doing the voting would have been able to do a better selection.

I like the idea and welcome the new venture but............things like this required time and a littler more effort from the part of interested members.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here is my only concern...

One of the old benchmark rules of politics: He who wants the job can't be trusted with the job, and he who can be trusted with the job doesn't want it.

My advice is to vote only for those who are not running.

This is one of those games you can only win by not playing, that's my opinion on the matter.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
One of the old benchmark rules of politics: He who wants the job can't be trusted with the job, and he who can be trusted with the job doesn't want it.

Exactly. I think the don't ask to be a mod rule should be in effect.

The rest of the staff is chosen by other staff. Trusted people picking other trusted people. That's a good idea. I don't think some of you realize that being ATS staff is often more of a headache then the internet is worth.

I also don't understand how a freely elected council can have any say in a "benign dictatorship". What will occur, will occur - no matter what people say.

PTS was made because ATS was getting too political. Now ATS is a political entity in and of itself. I just don't see what purpose this is going to serve but to make things more needlessly complicated.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I just hope the results will be public...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Darn I wish there were a seprate position to run for the Cryptozoology forum. I plan on nominating someone for the other positions. But if in the future if thers a bigger breakdown to open up more positions make sure theres a Cryptozoology slot!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Here is my only concern...

My advice is to vote only for those who are not running.

This is one of those games you can only win by not playing, that's my opinion on the matter.

My advice to you is to keep your mouth closed. Remember Trotsky?

He didn't go to the Gulag like most of the other non believers around here will be. Capichski?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I get the feeling those that win these will be due to "popularity" and not because they are responsible, dependable or knowledgeable in the forum subject...

I wouldn't be so quick to sell the membership short. I think ATS members will vote their hearts and not necessarily the popular choice.
After all is said and done, I think members will likely vote for those they believe will represent them honestly and fairly as ATS Council.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I would like to vote but I only really read the UFO, aliens, science, and mysterious subject forums, so I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for on the others.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
I would like to vote but I only really read the UFO, aliens, science, and mysterious subject forums, so I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for on the others.

just look around the boards to get a rough idea,
i found the voting easy to be honest cause ive been here for nearly 2 years, but its hard on the newer members who dont have a vast knownledge of all boards on ATS.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i might have missed it somewere but deltanine and infinite what spots are u aiming for, or does it not matter to u?

also i wouldnt mind anyone voting for me
(preferably for the conspiracy and current event one, the ATS G counsil person) or if anyone is interested ill join their political party

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
When will the results be announced?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
their i just finnished voting

remember vote for me and i will help to make ATS a better place

good luck to everyone and remember to vote

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think there should be a run off. There are so many great members out there, it's hard to pick just a few. From another post, I was reminded of someone I should of voted for, but just couldn't remember at the time I voted. It'd be great to have the field narrowed from the thousands of ATS members, to a handful in each category.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Has the voting begun or are we just in the nomination phase?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Still in the nominating phase, apparently. The first vote will be on a slate of 10 or so candidates, according to SO's initial post.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh, I misunderstood. Sorry. I work midnights, 12-hour shifts. That's my excuse for my lack of reading comprehension!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm campaigning to keep ATS "a benevolent dictatorship" !!!!

I mean *ehem* If elected to the position in the Alien/UFO forum, I'll "make everyone feel better".

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Is there a place to look at the voting as of now?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well... what an interesting idea.
I really enjoy this board (when I am able to spend some time here) but I am not a great believer in the collective wisdom of the masses. I myself have been involved in community politics as well as holding union and worksite positions, both elected and appointed.
In fact, in a recent election I was pondering the possibility of organizing a voting day boycott, so that only the politicians and their families would vote. In effect, a vote by the people against the theiving, lying and pocket -lining by elected officials. (been there, I know what goes on)
Anyhow, I'm sure ABTS will evolve and carry on as one of the most intriguing web sites out there. Carry on!

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join