It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the next step in the evolution of this online community.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I voted all for all 7. It wasn't that hard, as I've been around here alot longer then I've been posting. However some people just stick to ONE or TWO forums and rarely venture out from either lurking or posting out of those forums. I usually only post on 3-4 forums but I usually visit any that has an interesting topic(usually when I see an interesting poster has made a reply to a thread).

I am still on the fence on this issue as I've seen how voting can backfire especially in a semi-anony setting like ATS, I hope it works out for the best.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I like how you set it up!
Maybe that's how this all should be done?
I mean, where does everyone go to find out the reasons why members want to be nominated? Why they think they'd be good for the job?

Originally posted by worldwatcher
My, my, my....

Let's say you want to be ATSNN or BTS representative, then tell me, the member, who might not have noticed you before exactly why I should pick you.

Everyone Nominate me, OpenSecret2012 for the position in the UFO/Alien forum. Because....

- I'm super active. So no problem making sure the ATS rules are followed. And instantly.
- I'm here to trade information. To find out new information. To give others information. I hope this is why the majority of other posters are here? Cuz this is the main thing I'd be going by to judge what the intentions of everyone's post is.
"Is this person really trying to engage in informative conversation? Or just spamming? Trolling? Making fun of people? Name calling?"

- I don't mind where anyone comes from, what their views are. The more people with different views the better! Means better chances to get different information, new information, new sources.

And can we please stick to ONE THREAD like let's say THIS ONE.

Sooo... do you want to make this thread the official "Vote for me because....." thread? Do you think it'll be OK with SkepticOverLord?

I have clarify, saying you're going make this community better, yeah I get it, but how? what do you propose? How exactly do you stop Liberal vs. Right, how do you accomplish these things? Say pretty please with a cherry on top?

Typical Politicians I tell you...

[edit on 5-20-2005 by worldwatcher]

- I'll help make it better by always being active. By trying to keep everyone on subject for each thread. Starting new threads for unrelated and new subjects. Putting out fires as soon as they start simmering (before flame wars start.)

- I don't think there's anything I can propose cuz IMHO no answer can take care of all problems. Everything is case by case.

- Believe it or not, you have the answer to stopping "Liberal vs Right" by saying "pretty please". What I mean is, people can, and will disagree. But as long as they're nice about it, civil about it, with no cursing, name calling, then people with different views can succeed posting in the same thread without getting it closed and locked.

- I'd also call out everyone with whatever view to post links to their sources, proof, that backs up their views. Example in the thread about Hemp/Weed. Someone posted it used to be the Law that everyone had to grow it! They posted links to back their statement up. To back up their view.

Another example is the thread about UFO's flying over Washington, DC. The thread creator didn't just post and say "UFO's flew over Washington, DC in 1957". He also posted his sources. Which I and others looked up and checked up on.. Turns out, it's all true. The newspapers are still in the library on microfilm. With the story on the front page of many of them.

This helps everyone else to increase their information, learn new information, challenge their belief system. And keeps everything civil and "with cherries on top".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Everyone read my rant/vent/opinion, at the bottom LOLOL!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-5-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It took me awhile to vote because I wanted to think about it rather than make a quick decision. I also tried to match people up to areas I thought they would do good in. And the second reason it took a while was trying to get everyones name right -- Am I the only person who has problems with peoples names

So maybe that is one reason the voting is going slowly - people are putting some thought in their voting.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks for your vote of confidence beyondSciFi....I'm not usually one for listing out names, but those are some great members you've narrowed it down to....I'll admit I voted for a few of them myself.....

I'd rather let the ATS public decide who fits the bill rather than campaign my name about (Of course, no offense to those that are “campaigning”)....But if the end result is that our community were to have me on this panel, I'd be both pleased and eager to assist in maintaining the quality of this site....

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well it seems that no to many people has done the survey so I guess that fifty members from more than three thousand is not enough.

The problem with the survey is trying to remember which members I was familiar with to consider.

I did manage to finish yesterday, but after it was over a lot of other names and known members started to pop in my mind.

It’s actually difficult to remember everybody.

Perhaps the ATS’ adm. Should reconsider the procedure to give members more time to fill the survey.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
My votes go to:

X-subjects: Meshhugga, like his input on the subject
BTS, Marge, she seems a solid member with many post, figured she'd like that.

I know I votes for Waynos and MaskedAvatar and some others I can't remember.

If anyone thinks about voting for me, please vote me for the X-Subjects, I have solid knowledge in this field and I think i'll be qualified for the job, thank you.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Cant remember who i voted for to be honest, but i remember voting for myself to do with government conspiracies seeings i am the FSME of the NWO

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey guys, while you're voting...you might as well type my name in for ATSNN Council member.

Thats...
Simulacra

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well it seems that no to many people has done the survey so I guess that fifty members from more than three thousand is not enough.

The problem with the survey is trying to remember which members I was familiar with to consider.

Perhaps the ATS’ adm. Should reconsider the procedure to give members more time to fill the survey.

I'm not sure why this has to be done so quickly. If this new form of ATS structure is to be taken seriously, all seven councilors should be selected with the utmost care and reflection. The member who agrees with you on a particular forum may not be best suited to represent said forum (hence my endorsement of Nerdling for ATSNN.. though I may never feel "clean" again
). We are setting a course for the future of ATS, navigate wisely!

Been There Monkeys, not just for sage advice anymore...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.

Seriously, my area of interest is really quite narrow. I almost never read anything other than the "Conspiracies in Religion" because that's what I'm studying, right now. There are some truly INCREDIBLE people posting in there - encyclopedic knowledge of history, anthorpology, and religious doctrines from the globe throughout recorded history! I have learned more from the posts, links, hints, and suggestions on this site than I could have from several years of independent study.

Having said all that, I'll say that I would never vote for anyone who did not announce their willingness to faithfully execute the office. And, it would be kinda silly for me to vote in all the elections since I don't know what goes on in the other areas. What I mean to say is that, if I don't vote, it does not indicate that I don't care - it really means that I care enough not to cast an uninformed vote.

So, if you want my vote and you think that I "know" you, please ask via U2U - I'll probably wait until right before "polls close" to vote if I feel that I am informed enough to actually participate.

I post this here, at this time, because I doubt that I am all alone in my situation and/or opinion and I want the ATS folks to know where I, and those like me, are coming from.

Thanks, ATS, for all you do and the service you provide!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
Seriously, my area of interest is really quite narrow. I almost never read anything other than the "Conspiracies in Religion" because that's what I'm studying, right now.

You know I used to think along the same lines. You'd be surprised how quickly you become interested in a topic if you read through the forum several times a week. You'll find yourself thinking "Hey! that's not right" or "But he forgot to say..." and next thing you know you're up to your neck in a discussion on who took the pictures of Saddam in his underwear. Well, maybe not that exact subject, but you get the point.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Dbates - well, I've already experienced a little of that and found myself quite "time challenged". If I could just win that damn lottery....

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
......this is only being done to get some new meat into the weekly Mod orgies, don't you?
It's Thomas & that indiscriminate poking that's mucking up attendance. "Damn man! This ain't 'Bama, that hurt! Didn't the hirsute cheeks give you a clue!?!?"

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A vote for me is a vote for...

The Dark Side
*cue the ominous dramatic music*

Actually I am kidding. Remember, this is about the member(s) that you want to represent YOU. I have seen some staff names on this thread and that is crazy.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

The Dark Side

Actually I am kidding. Remember, this is about the member(s) that you want to represent YOU. I have seen some staff names on this thread and that is crazy.

I'll never join you!

*coughs then leaves*

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Youre honestly asking people to nominate representatives for forums they dont read? Hows that work?

ESP? I wouldnt know who's right for every forum because I only read the ATSNN forum...

Why would any one care what I thought about in the Aliens forums? I never read them and I dont know what goes on there. So how could I possibly knowingly nominate someone for them?

Flawed voting form.

[edit on 20/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

The Dark Side

Throwing your wizards cap into the ring are you? A quest for an Imperial ATS, how timely, I can just see SO telling CmdrKeenKid "I'm your father" while Simon glowers in the background.

Dark is good, right?

Carry on.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Vote for At
mix!!! ANd he will lead ATS to a new age of Glory!! I'll cut hose annoyng "You have 3 messages waiting for you" Your banner Id "134567" has one our prize click befor time runs out!" Adds!! Who else hates them?

Your computer is now running "brainwash to vote for Atomix.exe"

At
mix

[edit on 20/5/05 by Atomix]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
And the second reason it took a while was trying to get everyones name right -- Am I the only person who has problems with peoples names

Ok, this is pretty sad to admit -- but I got someone's name wrong -- will it still go thru or how do I correct my vote?? It is also sad that I had to quote my own post but I was afraid that it wouldn't be seen if I didn't and I need an answer.

thanks
the brain dead one

jm

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy
Throwing your wizards cap into the ring are you? A quest for an Imperial ATS, how timely, I can just see SO telling CmdrKeenKid "I'm your father" while Simon glowers in the background.

Bah! No, I won't throw my pointy-cap in (I never wear it anyway) because that is not the Wizard way...all this voting and stuff.

I have the power of magic so my way is to subjugate and control.

You would all be doomed too (doomed I tell you), but WilliamOneSac always says "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to the Dark Side. Be careful you must." Not only that...but he took the batteries out of my lightsaber too.

Actually, now that you say that...I tapped a call between Simon and Skeptic the other day. It went like this:

EmperorSimon "Through me is power my apprentice..."
DarthOverlord "What is thy bidding my master?"

Then lightning shot through the phone...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join