It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the next step in the evolution of this online community.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
VOTE FOR ME FOR ATS COUNCIL PERSON AT LARGE!!!

[edit on 19-5-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
*cough**cough* DLM for DISC

Doesnt that just roll off the tongue?

And I am a DISC member, also

[edit on 5-19-2005 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"A better ATS for all through a simple democracy.. Is that possible?"

As long as those democracy-hatin' goons don't show up and overrun ATS...

-wD

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Geez SO, this is really different.

You sure went to a lot of trouble for us!

We sure appreciate it,

but really, all we really wanted was webmail access.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Civics lessons in play, at least some are learning how organized government came to be.

10 new council members who can hand out warnings, therefore 10 additional moderators. Does this then give the appeal process one more layer to go through; and the upper echelon that much more removed from the worker bees?

It may very well be a digital community, but ATS is firstly a business concern, of that there is no doubt, or it would not be operating as it is, and one which holds itself out to be international in nature, and as such, attempts to further politically organize cannot adequately reflect the differences in parliamentary or congressional processes. I venture to state that such organization would follow American format. Secondly, because ATS is in fact a business, governmental names could I presume, be assigned the usual committees one might find in business, but any comparison ends there since nominations, campaigning, possibly future elections etc., will be the next resulting mode of government continuance.

Considering that feedback and advice of sorts is the purpose of this creation, it seems more appropriate to institute an advisory board instead, which as far as I can discern is not currently in place; is removed from a constabulary role; is diversified in thought; is reliant on a democratic discussion process.

More bureaucracy is just more politics.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh Hello, I'm Nerdling

I am Drunk and have just seen Star Wars.

Vote Me For ATSNN.

p.s. no i did not dress up in costume.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Oh Hello, I'm Nerdling

Vote Me For ATSNN.

Quite the resume for an ATSNN Councilor, nothing like a 12-step background to get sympathy votes.

"Hello, my name is Nerdling, I'm an ATSoholic, and I'm drunk to boot."

I'm waiting for your review, or is the keyboard spinning to fast?

Campaign Manager Monkeys, not just for being disgusted with their candidates anymore...

P.S. I nominated you for ATS Waterboy as well.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Oh Hello, I'm Nerdling

Vote Me For ATSNN.

Hmmm... ATSNN?! I did PTS... oh well. Sorry, Nerdling. At least you got A vote.. that's what counts, eh? Heh heh...

Oh boy.

Vote prophetmike for BTS!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Star Wars was great Mirth.

If you'll excuse me, I've got votes to fix in Chicago.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I did you for PTS Nerdling.........

and DLM..thanks for the suggestion......taken up on

Vote Mayet for ATSNN...got to have a go for the girls.........we make the bestest reporters you know......because women are reknowned for sniffing out rumours, getting to the bottom of things, gossip, and sticking their noses into interesting things.....and digging up and finding stuff in places that no one else thinks of...................

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Mayet]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I love it-
so far everything from 'I want it' to 'I am my own person and above all this' malarky.

I look for a run by a gaggle of females supporting each other because . . . (sisters and all)

to heavy posters that want to finally find a niche. I think this is great.

This will take some adjusting but the posters should benefit from it.

Closed door meeting too

At least SO is upfront with that.

Anyone wants votes, just ask. I'll vote for anyone wanting the position- even the ones I REALLY disagree with.

I know a real pushy, self-serving female. Can I nominate her?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Oh Hello, I'm Nerdling

Vote Me For ATSNN.

Whyt every GOOD news man is drunk!

m...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDoaks
I know a real pushy, self-serving female. Can I nominate her?

ME ME ME! do you mean ME??? cuz I am taking this personally and I thank you very much for the vote of confidence!!

TRG*dances a little happy dance*

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   
If less than 50 people have completed a full voter sheet I really think you need to scrap the "you must vote for every position" criteria.

I only voted for the ATSNN nomination and left the others blank because I have absolutely no idea who to vote for in the other forums. I never go to them so I dont know who is worthy.

Let people post nominees in only the forums they know, would be a lot easier and a clearer representation of who people want voted.

p.s. voted for wecomeinpeace

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I just got the mass u2u and I was surprised that less then 50 people responded... But I think I know why, on the nominations page, we have to fill in a person for EACH categorie. Maybe if it would be easier for the person filling out the questions if they could pick and answer only the categories they want. Maybe instead of having to answer all 7 question, you could change it to a 1 minimum... That why I didn't fill it out, I couldn't think of people for all the categories.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I get the feeling those that win these will be due to "popularity" and not because they are responsible, dependable or knowledgeable in the forum subject...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I get the feeling those that win these will be due to "popularity" and not because they are responsible, dependable or knowledgeable in the forum subject...

Yeah probably, but if anyone from my list wins, I'd be ok with it...

Originally posted by beyondSciFi
MaskedAvetar
Valhall (I know she was a Mod before, still)
FredT (I know he was a Mod before, still)
Pisky
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
LadyV
UK Wizard
American Mad Man
EnronOutrunHomerun
marg6043
surfup
AceOfBase
soficrow
E_T
intelgurl
infinite
elevatedone
James the Lesser
Nerdling

[edit on 20-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If anyone would like to send a few votes for the BTS section my way I'd be really happy.

If elected I promise to:

1. Be nice

2. See above

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
A lot has been happening on ATS over the past year (and more), and much of it is unfortunately related to various issues with members feeling disconnected from the operations of ATS.

Any members who "feel disconnected" do not live in reality. But hey, as David Icke points out in his books (like "And the Truth Shall Set You Free") people rebel vs Overt dictatorships. People never rebel vs Covert dictatorships. But still, a dictatorship is a dictatorship.

Any members who "feel left out" simply desire ATS to give them the illusion of being part of the power at ATS. I say -

Leave ATS exactly like it is right now!

Cuz I want, and desire Overt dictatorship!. I don't want ATS to turn into Covert dictatorship.

Many of use on staff have come to the realization that, for a good portion of you, ATS is not "just a website" as we've often been heard to say, but a critical component of your daily lives.

Then those people who can't live without ATS need to get a life. To me ATS is simply a tool of the internet. A place to gather information, give others information. Kinda like a bar. There's small bars, medium bars, and big bars. ATS in the long ago past was a small bar. It's now a medium size bar. It might one day become a super big bar.

But if the bar closes, there's other bars. Life is about living your own life. Life is about getting information about true history, true reasons why your here. But just so you know why things are the way they are. Nothing you, me, anyone here, can do to change it all. But we can live being closer to peace. Instead of engaging in knee-jerk panic whenever world events, local events, any event, happens.

And for many, participation in this community has become more important than anything in your offline life.

Now this is SAD. Just.... sad! Well, nothing I can do to change your mind, or the minds of those who don't have a life outside of ATS LOLOL! ATS is simply a tool. Out of many tools available to help in the quest of finding out more info, new info, and spreading info you, me, everyone else here knows. But if others want to make ATS their best friend, LOL! Nothing I can do.

There have been many comparisons of ATS to a municipality, especially as you have contributed to the growth from what one member termed a small single-neighborhood "frontier town" to a vast metropolitan sprawl with multiple urban, suburban, and rural areas. But during that growth, our structure has not evolved properly with the board. We're still structured as any typical online discussion board:
-- Benevolent Dictator: Simon
-- Government Branch: Admin & Supermods
-- Law Enforcement: Moderators

Continuing the comparisons to civil organizations, what missing is a means for the citizenry to organize and begin to shape their environment as a group. We're proposing the formation of a new board role subordinate to moderators, with the responsibility of managing the needs and desires of membership.

THIS is what made me decide to post a reply! IMHO ATS is doing JUST FINE being run the way it is! Keep the benevolent Dictator in place! I like my dictatorships overt!. I don't like covert dictatorships! Arrghhh! LOL!
"What's missing is a means for the citizenry to organize and shape their envorment"?!? If you want to keep the illustration like it really is in reality then guess what? The citizenry never ever never actually organized and shaped their enviorment! It's an illusion!

But hey, you, and all these other ATS members who "can't live without ATS", "Feel left out of ATS", and think ATS is a dictatorship "like all other forum boards" can and will do whatever you all want. I know I'm being blunt. But I've been on a hardcore quest ever since I was a little kid. To search for all the hardcore truth. Not afraid to deal with it whenever it forces me to question my belief system. And even get a new belief system!
I mean, I've found out the Bible states as a fact humans lived on Earth before Adam and Eve. It's a fact UFO's flew over Washington, DC in the 1950's. It's a modern scientists who want to keep their jobs refuse to comment on the Baalbek stones. It's a fact the Skull & Bones Society exists.

And it's a fact all countries are dictatorships. The world is a dictatorship. But the public "feels better" under covert dictatorships. ATS now wants to go from being an Overt dictatorship to being a covert dictatorship so that members will "feel better".

Initially, we'll be trying this as three-month test. There is tremendous potential for high drama from this... but I think there is more potential for a successful experiment that could lead to completely new territory for ATS.

It's your site. And you're the dictator. Just how I like it. Want it. Prefer it. Dictators do whatever they like. Do experiments. Do your experiment.

Feel free to comment on this new initiative. We'll be announcing how to make appropriate Council People nominations in the very near future.

Yep I'm commenting. Even though I know ATS will most likely continue to go from being an overt dictatorship to covert dictatorship. Hmmm....

Council Member Nomination Form

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 19-5-2005 by SkepticOverlord]

I wouldn't mind if I got nominated, and ended up winning a spot in the Alien/UFO section.

IMHO it comes down to being a popularity contest. I don't post on ATS to be liked. I post to challenge others. And to have others challenge me back. And to trade information with others. My first intention is I like to learn. My 2nd intention is helping others learn so they don't have to go through what I went through - spending life as a kid with my head full of the popular BS about BS world history, BS popular Bible history & stories, BS democracies, BS world events, BS about why we're here, what we're suppose to do, the future, on and on.

If ATS is run as a dictatorship, IMHO so what?

Maybe I'll start a new campaign "Keep ATS like it is right now as a benevolent dictatorship!"

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
My, my, my....

From all the complaining about just about everything that happened in the let's say the past year, I would thought votes would be pouring in.

We are quick to be vocal when it's complaining but now that the opportunity is there, maybe we suddenly realize we don't know what is best or what should be done to make this global community enjoyable for all who choose to be part of it.

I can't believe some of you just voted for one person

If you can find something to complain about and want changes that affects every member of this board, in all forums, take the time to find out who visits those forums and contributes in a positive way.

As for the candidates, ummm lots of pretty faces but no substance

Tell me how you have contributed in the past. Let's say you want to be ATSNN or BTS representative, then tell me, the member, who might not have noticed you before exactly why I should pick you.

And can we please stick to ONE THREAD like let's say THIS ONE.

I have clarify, saying you're going make this community better, yeah I get it, but how? what do you propose? How exactly do you stop Liberal vs. Right, how do you accomplish these things? Say pretty please with a cherry on top?

Typical Politicians I tell you...

[edit on 5-20-2005 by worldwatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join