It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Trump Has A Plan To Rebuild Twin Towers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Real estate mogul Donald Trump unveiled his plan today, for rebuilding the Twin Towers at ground zero. His plan would require scrapping the current "Freedom Tower", and go forward with two 111 story buildings which are one foot taller than the 1360ft buildings that were destroyed on September 11th.

money.cnn.com

Donald Trump unveiled his plan to recreate the twin towers at Ground Zero at a press conference Wednesday, in an attempt to trump the Libeskind plan for a stand-alone Freedom Tower.

The real estate mogul said he aims to build two 111-story buildings, one foot taller than the 1360-foot buildings destroyed on Sept. 11, 2001.

The Trump plan would require scrapping the Libeskind plan for a 1,776-foot Freedom Tower, symbolizing the year of American independence, which continues to be hotly debated.

Trump made clear that he intends to launch a promotional push to gather support for his idea of rebuilding the World Trade Center.

At today's press conference, he stood near a model of the proposed new twin towers. The model has been on display in the lobby of the developer's flagship Fifth Avenue property, Trump Tower.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I love this idea. I like the plan for the buildings too. I said from the beginning that the Towers should be built back just as they were before, standing tall and standing for freedom.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by elevatedone]

[edit on 18-5-2005 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I want the towers rebuilt too. The more I find out about the "Freedom Tower" design, the less I like it.

I live in New York City and always loved the sleek look of the twin towers. I'd love to see them gracing the skyline once more.

J_3

link   
Hell yeah. That's awesome.

link   
I subscribe to it 100%. A great idea, the best monument and business plan all in one.

The Liebskind design is bogus anyway. 70 stories and a hollow structure made of metal pipe? Give me a break!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
if this is selected as a news story, could someone please fix the link to the image that I posted. I'd like for everyone to see the picutre of Trumps model....

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You just need to fix the closing img tag, you can edit the story yourself.

[edit on 5/18/2005 by djohnsto77]

link   
I think this should be Kendras project!

link   
Fix it yourself, just edit the closing img tag: it's missing a slash after the opening bracket.

Do it now before it's upgraded

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
yay, yay, I did it..

thanks for the help guys !

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Now I see... Boy these towers look familiar

Last time I saw those was on the morning of 9/11

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
yes, and wouldn't it be great to see them again ? I think so!

I think this is exactly what NY and the US needs, lets put'em back just they way they were and even issue a warning... " don't dare try it again"..

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Oh man, what a relief. I hope Trump makes this happen... He has my support.

The Freedom Tower was a horrible idea... Convoluted piece of crap... I found it hard to believe that the Freedom Tower was the best thing we could come up with.

Zip

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think aesthetics are not so important in this matter. When the WTC was built most people thought the towers were ugly along with other buildings like it, Big Stan, One Shell Square, etc. Whatever is built, people will get used to it. Look at the Sears Tower. I think the most important things are security, safety and maximum utilization of Manhattan real estate.

The maximum utilization factor will probably be influenced by the security and safety perception of the public. Naturally, vertical expansion is the only way to maximize space on an island, but in the new normal, and the memory of 9/11 still fresh in the minds of many, occupancy could suffer, not only because of the loss of life issue, but from a purely financial and logistical perspective, as well.

Post-9/11 Real Estate

Safety in Tall Buildings

[edit on 05/5/18 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Way to go Donald. Much better idea then a freedom tower.

Build em bigger, build them better.

I don't think he'll need it and I'm sure his idea will excel but maybe ATS should start a petition thread and send it to the Donald for support.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i think this is a great idea, and adding an extra floor is like saying

"you may try to beat us down, but we'll come back bigger and better than before"

this should be built not only as a replacement for the old WTC but in memory of it and the people who died on that day.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Why build anything there at all. They were brought down for a reason, like it or not. And so building somthing else there will be like taunting them (whom ever it may be) to repeat!! Just let it be people

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think it would be great to see 'em back up again, making them a slightly bigger is just and little added BLANK YOU to "people" who cheer the destructions of the original ones. Would bring back a lot of character and soul back to that neighborhood, it's been years and I rarely go back down there after I got out of school but the it's something in the back of your mind that says that something big is missing feels kind of hollowed. I think they should see though just how many people would be willing to back there if they are built again and it's going to be a huge financial undertaking which should be fully research to make sure it would be feasible to build it back up again in a way that would respect the memory of 9/11 and help to strengthen the economy and bring back a feeling that has been missing there since that fateful morning.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Officials in charge of rebuilding the World Trade Center site Wednesday were quick to dismiss real estate developer Donald Trump's proposal to scrap their plan and instead build "reincarnated" Twin Towers similar to the originals.

"Donald Trump is entitled to his opinion, just like the millions of people who actually involved themselves in the public planning process which resulted in the master plan," said a spokesperson for the Lower Manhattan Development Corp., the agency overseeing rebuilding on the 16-acre site hit by the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

www.cnn.com...

But Trump told reporters at a news conference: "Throw it all away."

Trump made it clear he doesn't like it.

"It's a building that's essentially a skeleton," he said.

Trump said the plan "looks like a junkyard."

"You take a look at a the roofs of those buildings, they're all at different angles, different shapes," he said. "It is the worst pile of crap architecture I have ever seen in my life."

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Wow, this is the very first ATSNN story that just about everyone agrees with.

I'd like to see the towers rebuilt also, but I think it would be a financial disaster. What companies would want to rent space there after what happened? It was the most horrifying and widely witnessed event in our history, not really good PR to have your offices in a replica tower of terror...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
While I tend to think that Trump is a prize idiot, I have to agree with the concept. I Do NOT like the new design. I suppose I could get used to it, but I just don't like it. There are a lot of emotional and sentimental values to rebuilding the old ones.

It would be as though the White House had been destroyed and architects proposed putting in some modern post-Calder type building there. The symbolism simply won't work because over the time that it has been in existance, the shape has become an American symbol.

These have become American symbols. Let's restore them. Let's not replace them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join