It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond Mine of Mirny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I really didnt know where to post this, but i think this images are so amazing (negative amazing that is), that they deserve to be seen...

Mirny is in Siberia, and it has been a site of diamond estraction since the 50's ... this is the on going result ...

and to know more about Mirny you can click here Mirny Diamon's

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

wow...thats impressive, guess it goes to show how humanity can reshape the surface of the planet.

Thanks for posting the pics.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
wow it's the largest downward spiral on earth

"rocks out"

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Another sad example of human "re-shapping" and how slavery is still alive and well in this world...

This one is a GOLD mine in Brazil... SERRA PELADA is the name ... its like saying "The naked Mountain"...

ALL THAT *BLING BLING* HAS A MUCH HIGHER PRICE !

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
great pics

that Mirny excavation hole is amazing.

Mining for gold, diamonds, even coal is one of the most thankless and dangerous jobs in the world.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
thats not a gold mine!!!...its my house!!!...im having a patio built and some landscaped ponds!.......

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
thats not a gold mine!!!...its my house!!!...im having a patio built and some landscaped ponds!.......

awsoem swimming pool you have there ... whens the BBQ??? lol

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The size of that hole in the Earth is akin to the hole diamond mining has created in the moral and social fabric of our history....

I remember seeing quite a fascinating piece on TV once of the diamond wars of Africa....I can't remember the name of the special, but it was eye-opening to say the least...

In searching the web for some similar material I found these links:
hir.harvard.edu...
www.un.org...

Up to 10% of diamond sales in the US go toward financing African rebels....A constantly replenishing flow of money that makes a joke of retaliation....Attempts by jewelers and consumers to monitor where their stones come from is futile...

Regardless of their natural beauty, diamonds are by far one of the ugliest stones....

[edit on 5/21/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Enron,

How true..Slave labor, ugly wages, to fetch a mineral, a hard piece of carbon.
There Are some important uses, other than bling-bling.
And I think this:
www.livescience.com...

is an important step in the right direction..

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I found more amazing photos... and tho they have nothing to do with human reshaping, they show the beauty and power of Nature...wich seems to always be ready to fight back !!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
its in russia found in youtube ..

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You can buy diamonds from Canada suffering and guilt free. They're still owned by Debeers though.

new topics

top topics

join