It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How should I report a UFO sighting?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
When I was about 16 years old, I saw a metallic ball shaped UFO. At that time I never considered it to be a UFO, I thought it was something the government made and had no fear of it at all. Now, I am not so sure. One thing is I am sure about is what I saw. It looked as if it were collecting power from the high voltage power lines delivering electricity to our rural area. I stood and watched this thing for about 15 minutes. I was only about 50 feet from this object. I have never seen another one since. My very frightened sister-in-law came inside the house that night and said something followed her in her car as she was driving up to visit. She described the same thing I had seen.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
1. Try to take photos and or videos of the object.

2. If the object is easily seen (Very bright lights/erratic flight pattern), it's highly likely other people will see it and probably already reported it before you.

3. Look for strobes on the outside of the craft and engine sounds to tell it from aircraft either commercial/personal/military.

4. If you encounter an alien spacecraft and you have evidence, do not report it to any media and or authorities. Take the video and or photo evidence and move it to a safe location, do not call anyone do not use your computer to contact anyone.

5. If #4 occurred. Federal agents will investigate, they will know you had contact and will search your house. Not using the phones or internet prevents them from knowing you have evidence. '

6. Your activities post events will still be monitored by the government, still maintain silence.

7. After six months, (after your removed from the blacklist) go to the location and retrieve the photo and or video evidence.

8 If you have digital video, go to a cyber cafe or other public internet services. Create a new e-mail and open a account on a media hosing website (ex YouTube). Leave the premises after.

9. Go to another public internet service center (in another city and or state/province) and upload the media on the new account.

10. It is best to use a proxy website then go upload to the media website.

11. Describe the video as it is, but don't include yourself - lie, say it was from tourists on the side of the road recording.

12. Make sure to give the public the permission to re-distribute the media to their websites or channels.

13. Never talk about the media, destroy the original evidence or bury it in a container in a known area for safe keeping. You didn't post that evidence, you move on with your life as if it never happened.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
being a member of a conspiracy forum why would you want to make a sighting officially recognised? Surely you believe in UFOs, and surely you know governments wouldn't hesitate to shoot them out of the sky so to steal their technology and knowledge, and surely you would believe governments to closely follow UFO abductees and sometimes get involved with them...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That's so strange o_O

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Please comment on what you think this is on one of my videos.
Look at the top middle of the screen about 48ec to 52 sec into the vid. Something shoots across the sky fast. The camera was running at 300fps thats why i think i caught it in the film, it does look like its moving vertical from top to bottom but i think thats the camera angle giving that effect.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Can I be protected when I send my report to these sites?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hi guys just wanted to share this, I didn't see it in here.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-8-2010 by thefirstcriticalmass]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
MUFON is an exceptional organization. MUFON amasses UFO reports, investigates UFO–related events, and studies the data that these events put forth.
Here you can access MUFON’s online webpage: www.mufon.com...
You can report a UFO here: www.mufon.com...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
When reporting a UFO, it is essential to maintain a ‘skeptical’ mindset, as the majority of UFO cases have mundane explanations. Moreover, it is important not to sensationalize or exaggerate UFO–related events, as it ultimately impedes the scientific examination of UFOs. That is the only way that we can learn more about the object.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hello:

I have just joined the ATS website after reading it for the last year. So forgive me if I have posted my comments in the wrong section.

I just wanted to contribute my UFO experiences. I am a Canadian who lives in Novosibirsk, Russia and very little is ever commented on or known about UFO activity in and around Novosibirsk. The city is in the middle of Russia and in the Western part of Siberia. It is the third largest city in Russia. Just to give some context to my location.

My first story is about my first ever sighting. I was having a cigarette, around the side of my house. It was about 11pm at night. A beautiful and clear night sky was above me. Russia's provincial cities and towns are still free of most city lights as the infrastructure rarely extends outside of the urban environment and I live on the edge of town so there is no diturbance from city lights. I love watching the stars and I was looking at the big dipper and noticed an additional star. Unsual but you can see satelites cruising across the sky quite easily here. So there it was. An orange coloured globe only slightly bigger than the stars in the constellation.

It exhibted what I would consider classic behaviour of a UFO. It moved around, in no particular pattern, it slowed up and paused then continued. I watched it move around the big dipper. It zig-zagged, it sped up. The shape did change slightly and I have to comment that it seemed to pulse as it grew brighter and then dimmned to become just a spot that was stationary. It lasted about twenty minutes and then left the constellation and I watched it head across the western portion of the night sky. This occurred about a month and a half ago.

One of my students is a pilot for S7 the local airline in Siberia. He was a former pilot in the Russian airforce after serving in Afghanistan he retired to civilian duties as was customary in the Soviet period in Russia. I have always been interested in UFO's etc so I started asking him questions and of course he gave me the usual excuses.

When he was training to be a pilot his instructor told him you will see things in the sky and just remember they are all illusions, optical distortions, the sun, light playng tricks on the brain etc. His instructor told him to ignore all non-identifiable objects as the mind plays tricks on pilots especially jet pilots.

So after about six months of prodding he finally admitted that yes all the pilots had seen UFO's. He has seen them. He told me that there is a militay officer who takes the reports from civilian pilots and that is the end of it. He does not know what happens to the reports but that an unnamed officer takes them away and the subject is quietly forgotten never to be discussed again, at work, until the next sighting. He says it is like an unwritten rule the pilots know they are there but never talk about them with outsiders.

About five summers ago the city had a major sighting. If I remember it was in June of 2005. A large unknown object cruised across the night sky of Novosibirsk. I didn't see it as I was teaching at the time but four of the schools students did and it was shown on the nightly news however I have not come across any reporting of it in English newspapers and I can not read Russian or write Russian so I am a bit limited in giving details.

My wife's friends flew to St. Petersburg and I am sure most of you know that there is a large UFO museum in St. Petersburg as for some reason there is a lot of activity in and around the city. So Alec was taking pictures from the plane and a large cigar shaped object was sighted from the plane. He has two photos of it and I will post them as soon as I see him next. He also snaped a picture of a very similiar object in broad daylight from one of the parks in St. Petesburg and I have to admit they are pretty impressive.

Just thought I would add to the communal knowledge of this forum
Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
When a civilian pilot is asked if they want to report a UFO they should just say no. the report is just gunna be ignored.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
A government that hides things from their people lies to the world- Aaron Yuknis

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Plz help me with my problem on the page some things arent wat they seem>.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You might be better off not reporting it depending on what you saw. The government, believe it or not, lets us see what they want us to see. I believe they are preparing us for alien contact but sometimes people see something they weren't meant to because the government can't avoid or predict accidents and if you happen to be that accident, you might just suddenly disappear because they weren't ready for you to see what you saw yet. Be careful.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Titor86

That may be all you get but it may not be all that happens. I lived on St. Croix for 10 years. The house was on a ridge and had a wide view of the southern shore. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and went out on the gallery for the breeze. As I sat there I saw a small red light come from the east following the coast line. Just before it got to the massive Hess Oil refinery it stopped and hovered over a small promontory and went very low. After zig zagging over the point for a few minutes it headed south over the ocean and disappeared. I didn't report it but I'm betting someone did. The next day, and for a couple of days following, there were two US navy Sea Stallion helicopters flying over same area of the coast I saw the UFO. They also appeared to be very interested in the area the UFO hovered over. One of them then took off south very close to the path the UFO followed and the other headed west, presumably back to Roosevelt Roads in Puerto Rico. I have no proof they had anything to do with the UFO and until I saw the helicopters it hadn't even occurred to me it might have been a ufo. I had never seen Navy helicopters there before and I never saw them there again.

Edit: Meant to include this was probably around 1985.

[edit on 25-8-2010 by wasco2]

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Very good suggestions on the original post. MUFON has a good breakdown as well. One thing you shouldnt do is call the news if you are soft hearted, because they will laugh in your face.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Expand your senses by going outside to observe nature for at least 15 minutes. Use all of your senses. Close your eyes or stare into the sky; use any of your methods. It’s not like watching t.v., it’s all about nature. This will prepare your mind in being a better witness. You might not know when you are about to see a ufo but if you are intentionally trying to seek one out then bring people or not.

When experiencing an aerial phenomenon, make sure to write everything you experienced after the event. Any doubts, any sounds, feelings, the phenomenon (distance, angle, direction, time, the usual), crafts before and after your sighting, and anything that is occurring around you at the time of the sighting. Get really detailed. Walk-a-way from it and then if confident of what you saw then report the phenomenon. When your sighting(s) stop, continue to monitor the sky as often as you can or want; it’s not really necessary to exceed 30 minutes a day; if "they" want to be seen then "they" will be there.

Always try to find a better way in portraying what you saw. You don’t want to report something that later could have been described better; beware of the debunkers. Stay true to yourself in regards to your sighting. Don’t lie or exaggerate.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

MUFON

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
New member here with his 1st post, just after just discovering the ATS site.

I have witnessed a UFO, and I have reported it to NUFORC. I discovered that the benefits of making such reports were the possibility of having your sighting collaborated by others who have made reports of the same event.

As my registered name implies, I have never been a believer in such things. So I was totally unprepared to capture any kind of media during this event. But I was lucky to have had an ordinary pair of binoculars close by and I got a really good look at the object for several seconds.

I was also lucky to have a wife who made use of her cell phone camera to capture two images of the UFO. Most cell phone cams will not provide good images of such objects, especially at night. But in my case, the images could be used to record the exact time of the event. With other objects in the foreground, I was able to establish the exact direction the camera was pointed, which helped establish the position of the object.

Had I been prepared to capture media with high end cameras, I doubt that I would have gotten anything good enough to convince anyone of what was seen that night. I think most people have dismissed photographic evidence of UFO’s, because with today’s digital technology, a computer rendered image of a UFO can be faked and will be just as good as a photo. Same goes for videos.

Even so, I’m better prepared now with a 30 X optical zoom digital still/video cam with an ISO setting that goes up to 6400. Guess what I discovered? The old binoculars provide a far better image at night than does the new cam.

So if you want to shell out big bucks for high end cameras, don’t expect people to be convinced of what you captured. You might want to consider just getting a better view of the object for your own personal satisfaction, using a good pair of binoculars.

Doing so might give you a far better look at the object, and allow you to make a far more accurate report.

For info concerning the event I witnessed, please see this site: sites.google.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I dont think u should report seeing a UFO at least not to the authorities,,,i actually spoke to an Alien..ill post a topic about it later..i just joined ATS it wont let me do it yet..keep an eye out for my post itl explain everything u need to know about UFOs.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join