It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NCAA Is Smarter Than Minorities, They Claim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

No matter what is done, someone somewhere will be offended

That is exactly the problem here. There's always going to be someone with a gripe. At a certain point you have to say too bad. As terribly mean as I must sound by saying that, you have to ask yourself the question, is it really worth completely squashing all creativity in this country to make sure you don't offend 3 bureaucrats in an office?

In this case the group who has been "offended" isn't even offended. The Seminoles themselves like the name. So if the name gets changed, the Seminoles have been insulted, pushed around, and their opinions have been ignored. All for some grandstanding bureaucrats. Is it worth it?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It don't sound mean to me - sounds realistic.

As a kooler I'd tell people two things;
1) You are being a A**hole go home and come back when you are nice.
2) You can leave in peace or pieces the choice is yours.

If they were insulted too bad, what are they going to do Swing at me? If they don't come back its one less problem I had to deal with next week. If they did come back they know where the line is.

Say what you want, Say what you belive, and if that insults someone they can either waste their lives crying over it or get over it - that part is up to them. If they waste their life crying over it at least they are too busy to mess up anything else you say.

<< 1   >>

join