It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there special treatment for Masons from Masons

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
So then you're talking about "low-level" members of Freemasonry? There's no such thing as "low-level" members, so why would you even say that?

Yes for the most part, but there will always be more to something as well.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by ThePunisher]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I guess I must've missed the memo.

I get the same memo everytime I log into this specific corner of this particular forum. Seems every "hot topic" if you will is full of misconceptions of some very pathetically misconstrued people on the subject of Freemasonry.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrfixit

I guess I must've missed the memo.

I get the same memo everytime I log into this specific corner of this particular forum. Seems every "hot topic" if you will is full of misconceptions of some very pathetically misconstrued people on the subject of Freemasonry.

But I thought that was because Freemasons are so extremely secretive, and that we're obligated, under pain of death, to lie about our fraternity to non-masons???

People sure are ignorant sometimes! :bnghd:

[edit on 7-6-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

But I thought that was because Freemasons are so extremely secretive, and that we're obligated, under pain of death, to lie about our fraternity to non-masons???

People sure are ignorant sometimes! :bnghd:

Funny how that works, if I remember correctly I'm obligated to be HONEST with all individuals and I don't understand why the people on here think they are so special that a Freemason would choose them, of everyone in the world, to break a promise tell them a lie. Some people are sure full of themselves sometimes.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Funny how that works, if I remember correctly I'm obligated to be HONEST with all individuals and I don't understand why the people on here think they are so special that a Freemason would choose them, of everyone in the world, to break a promise tell them a lie. Some people are sure full of themselves sometimes.

Like the people who come on here and claim something absurd like "All Freemasons are being deceived about blah blah blah"! Like MILLIONS of intelligent men would have been so idiotic for so many hundreds of years as to be a member of an organization that is using them and lying to them... yet this conspiracy theorist high school kid is the only one who REALLY knows the truth!

:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Like the people who come on here and claim something absurd like "All Freemasons are being deceived about blah blah blah"! Like MILLIONS of intelligent men would have been so idiotic for so many hundreds of years as to be a member of an organization that is using them and lying to them... yet this conspiracy theorist high school kid is the only one who REALLY knows the truth!

And then the ranting starts. Really is that supposed to make their drivel seem more true?

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It was never a big deal to any theorist that men have been 'idiotic and used for hundreds of years'. The way you state it, it seems so one-sided, its almost like there is no issue to consider here at all.

And I think the issue would be, if men felt they were made a fool of (idiot), why would they continue to stay?

What, because of the benefits, you say?

Because to the average Mason there will NEVER be any downside to their involvement, because they are only as involved as they choose to be?

"been so idiotic for so many hundreds of years as to be a member of an organization that is using them and lying to them"

Hey, they HAD to lie just a little bit, just like how we lie about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Otherwise, it would all be out in the open after one meeting, and you could sum up the teachings in less than 3 words with about as much room for interpretation as possible.

Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth.

OK, so that means EVERYONE is a Brother, right? SO do Masons refer to the rest of the world as Brother after joining? Treat everyone as Brother after joining?

Relief, I suppose this means charity. Alright, thats one meaning down. Relief also means helping people, meaning those inside Masonry "on the level" as much as everyone else.

And Truth, well that means you will learn the Truth, doesn't it. But does it mean you can share the truth at your will? Hardly. The only truth is, you have to go through the same 'initiation' of saying you are below others, and in the dark, before you can learn the precious secrets.

But heres some more great mottos to live by.
old American Masonic motto: "Vide, Aude, Tace", or "Know, Dare, Be Silent"

Ordo ab Chao
Create Chaos, to form Order.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
And Truth, well that means you will learn the Truth, doesn't it. But does it mean you can share the truth at your will? Hardly. The only truth is, you have to go through the same 'initiation' of saying you are below others, and in the dark, before you can learn the precious secrets.

WHAT precious secrets? After a man becomes a mason, he is encouraged to teach EVERYONE the lessons he has learned within Freemasonry. They are all right there in the Bible.

So, as usual, you are completely mistaken.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well to get this back on track, the question was asked "do Masons receive preferred treatment from other Masons?".

I can only answer for myself. When I need work done around my house, on my car etc., I always try to steer my work to a fellow Mason if possible. I'm not necessarily required to do this. I do this for several reasons. I can be assured that my fellow brother will do his absolute best in making sure the job is done first rate. I don't have to worry about the character of my brother as I would if it was just someone out of the phone book as his character has already been tried and he has been found to be of good character. It sure takes a lotta worry out of any transaction. So do I prefer to do business with Masons, yes I do if for nothing else but the reasons I stated above. As I stated, I'm not required to do this but I prefer to do it this way, in other words it's of my own free and voluntary will to do it this way.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I can only answer for myself. When I need work done around my house, on my car etc., I always try to steer my work to a fellow Mason if possible. I'm not necessarily required to do this. I do this for several reasons. I can be assured that my fellow brother will do his absolute best in making sure the job is done first rate. I don't have to worry about the character of my brother as I would if it was just someone out of the phone book as his character has already been tried and he has been found to be of good character. It sure takes a lotta worry out of any transaction. So do I prefer to do business with Masons, yes I do if for nothing else but the reasons I stated above. As I stated, I'm not required to do this but I prefer to do it this way, in other words it's of my own free and voluntary will to do it this way.

Exactly. I know that here's a WAY better chance of a mason doing a good job than of someone who I don't know. Not all masons may be trustworthy and whatnot, but I'd like those odds better than taking my chances with someone off the phone book.

Now, that being said, it should be noted that, in California anyways, masons are nont supposed to advertise their masonic affiliation in business advertisements. This does not mean it doesn't happen, but it's not supposed to. All the masons I know who run their own business do not advertise their affiliation.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
good work twitchy. i don't need to tell you that these masons are incapable of thinking rationally about these subjects. Their entire identity is wrap hinges on this stuff.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modulok
good work twitchy. i don't need to tell you that these masons are incapable of thinking rationally about these subjects. Their entire identity is wrap hinges on this stuff.

Geez man, where did this come from? Have you been thinking about a way to reply to twitchy's last post for 2 weeks now? Not the quickest wit of the bunch, eh?

I wonder what makes you such an expert on our way of thinking, rationally or not, about these subjects we have discussed. I assume then that you can read minds, especially those of people thousands of miles away and whom you have never come in contact with?

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

While your busy patting twitchy on the back, why don't you ask him where those scans he promised are?

It's been eight days, since his proclamation of veracity and intention, and his humane (though misspelled) prescription regarding my mental health.

Extensive Library Monkeys, not just for getting lost in anymore...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
While your busy patting twitchy on the back, why don't you ask him where those scans he promised are?

It's been eight days, since his proclamation of veracity and intention, and his humane (though misspelled) prescription regarding my mental health.

Indeed! I completely forgot about the ABSURD ABSURD claims that Twitchy made, posting SUPPOSED quotes from a masonic monitor (manual) that stated that masons should do everything possible to show preferential treatment to other masons, and that they should do this above all else including the law and their families. Trying to tell us that he got those quotes from actual Masonic monitors was foolish, but it was even more foolish to tell us he would scan the masonic books and show us. He promised he would do this almost 10 days ago, and he has conveniently ignored the thread since then.

I'm very glad that monkeys have a good memory, I would have forgotten...

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I completely forgot about the ABSURD ABSURD claims that Twitchy made, posting SUPPOSED quotes from a masonic monitor (manual) that stated that masons should do everything possible to show preferential treatment to other masons, and that they should do this above all else including the law and their families. Trying to tell us that he got those quotes from actual Masonic monitors was foolish, but it was even more foolish to tell us he would scan the masonic books and show us. He promised he would do this almost 10 days ago, and he has conveniently ignored the thread since then.

And if I recall correctly he tried to back it up by showing a scan of a page from the Florida Monitor. I've gone through the Florida Monitor from cover to cover...anxiously awaiting what (if) he posts something trying to claim it's from the same source.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Geez man, where did this come from? Have you been thinking about a way to reply to twitchy's last post for 2 weeks now? Not the quickest wit of the bunch, eh?

I wonder what makes you such an expert on our way of thinking, rationally or not, about these subjects we have discussed. I assume then that you can read minds, especially those of people thousands of miles away and whom you have never come in contact with?

kid, you do more to ruin the image of masons than i ever possibly could, even if i wanted to...

...which i don't...

i can't see any point in your post other than a rather childish attempt to insult my character. perhaps you have some cozy office job where you get to spend 2/3rds of your work day playing on the internet, but i don't, in fact i have very little time to be on the internet at all let alone ATS. nor do i posesses your own immature need to "get in the last word" or your fondness for squabble and bicker. so if i don't post for two weeks or two months its because i have no time or desire to. perhaps if people like yourself could contribute something more intelligent to this forum Id be more inspired to respond.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We are now rapidly approaching the 30 day mark, and we are "sans scans." O' twitchy has thou art forsaken me? Seems like there would have been time to scan something... A good cookie recipe... Anything.

Forgotten Monkeys, not just for not getting his Xanax, or his scans anymore...

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
HAHA! I can't believe you remembered! Are you drawing big fat red "X"s across each day on your Nasty Nate wall calendar after you log on each day to another disappointing realization that Twitchy has not produced the evidence he swore up and down to produce? I'd tell you not to hold your breath. It's no surprise that Twitchy has not posted in this forum since then.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

HAHA! I can't believe you remembered!...It's no surprise that Twitchy has not posted in this forum since then.

No, I just periodically review "My ATS" to see if there's been any interesting developments in threads I participate in. Just like to be thorough, and after all... A promise, is a promise...

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Wrong on all counts, there is no such thing as a "Masonic Bible" in terms of content (it's the King James Version), it merely has a different cover, and a section that members of the Lodge can sign after each Degree.

Its funny you'd object to me calling it a 'masonic bible' and then back this up with a link to a document that also refers to it as a 'masonic bible.' I'm aware of the nature of its contents, I have one.

Your response does not prove me or the mason I quoted wrong. In fact the link you provided stated that George Bush Senior was sworn in on the same masonic bible as George Washington, and that that Bush Junior wanted to be sworn in on the same one but it "had been transported, under guard, from New York to Washington for the inauguration but, due to inclement weather, a family Bible was substituted instead." Weren't you masons just claiming that neither of these two men were masons? This site also simply lacks the details of what kind of Bible was used in the augauration of most of your presidents.

C'mon, can't you do better than that?

Di dyou ever think that maybe as AMERICANS not Masons they wanted to be sworn in on the same bible that our FIRST President was sworn in on. A kind of sentmental value??

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join