It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there special treatment for Masons from Masons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is not intended to be a flame thread, or a bashing thread, but a serious question. Do Masons show preferential treatment to other Masons on the workplace? If this were the case, personally that would lead me to be even more interested in the brotherhood. Being part of a group of enlightened men is great, and something that most men desire, but being on the receiving end of some preferential treatment is also nice too! I work hard at all that I do, but sometimes it's not enough in this world. Sometimes it's not what you know, but who you know. Sounds shallow huh?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
This is not intended to be a flame thread, or a bashing thread, but a serious question. Do Masons show preferential treatment to other Masons on the workplace? If this were the case, personally that would lead me to be even more interested in the brotherhood. Being part of a group of enlightened men is great, and something that most men desire, but being on the receiving end of some preferential treatment is also nice too! I work hard at all that I do, but sometimes it's not enough in this world. Sometimes it's not what you know, but who you know. Sounds shallow huh?

Things like that inevitably happen in ANY group of friends or close associates. It is natural for us to consider our friends more trustworthy than people we don't know. But this is not and can not be considered typical masonic conduct. As a matter of fact, it violates the very principles of the fraternity and could possibly lead to reprimands and expulsion from the fraternity if the offense is serious enough.

If you are looking to join Freemasonry for that reason, I guarantee that you will be thoroughly disappointed. Many men have joined for that reason, and have never come back to the lodge. Becoming a mason does not entitle you to favoritism, but showing your brothers that you are an upright, trustworthy, hard-working and responsible man will get you a lot of respect and I'm sure many favors from them, as well as everyone else in the community.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I heard they give free massages

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
no, thats skull and bones

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Damn my misinformation! ;-)

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I met a mason who bragged that the nifty masonic emblems on the rear of his car got him out of some speeding tickets. Perhaps the divine knowledge inscribed on the pillar uncovered by Hermes Trismegistus taught him to disregard traffic safety laws.

I also knew an Arab mason in San Fransisco, a sucessful entrepeneur who owned a small business in a poor, mostly black & Latino neighborhood, a "petit capitalist" as Marx would say. He didn't deny that masons were running the United States, in fact his confidence that they did is why he was a mason, he hoped it would be his ticket to sit at the same table with the anglo-american ruling elite. He bragged that white Masonic lodges accepted Arabs, but not blacks.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modulok
I met a ...*SNIP for veracity*...not blacks.

I knew an ATS member who expected all of his/her posts be accepted as the "genuine article," but the truth kept getting in the way. Anecdotal posts provided without corroborating evidence is just another post.

Masonic Monkeys, not just for helping a Brother out anymore...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Things like that inevitably happen in ANY group of friends or close associates. It is natural for us to consider our friends more trustworthy than people we don't know. But this is not and can not be considered typical masonic conduct. As a matter of fact, it violates the very principles of the fraternity and could possibly lead to reprimands and expulsion from the fraternity if the offense is serious enough.

If you are looking to join Freemasonry for that reason, I guarantee that you will be thoroughly disappointed. Many men have joined for that reason, and have never come back to the lodge. Becoming a mason does not entitle you to favoritism, but showing your brothers that you are an upright, trustworthy, hard-working and responsible man will get you a lot of respect and I'm sure many favors from them, as well as everyone else in the community.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

Thanks for the reply! I certainly wouldn't make this a main reason for joining, but consider myself warned

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Modulok
I also knew an Arab mason in San Fransisco, a sucessful entrepeneur who owned a small business in a poor, mostly black & Latino neighborhood, a "petit capitalist" as Marx would say. He didn't deny that masons were running the United States, in fact his confidence that they did is why he was a mason, he hoped it would be his ticket to sit at the same table with the anglo-american ruling elite. He bragged that white Masonic lodges accepted Arabs, but not blacks.

VERY un-masonic conduct. Regarding the black members, he was probably just confused about the fact that most blacks join Prince Hall lodges. This does not mean that other lodges don't accept blacks, that's 100% false. You arab friend does not seem to be the kind of person I would call "brother".

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think the real question should be "Why is it that we're talking about Freemasons all the time" Much more to be concentrating on. NATIONAL ID CARDS for one. Why in the hell did that pass?!? Because it was in the back of a bill for illegal aliens? So screw us all?!? If your're tired of all this and would like to see a change, please contact me personally. E-mail [email removed] / U2U me / AIM me Chaosphoria. It's time to worry about bigger things. You know, look at the fireworks instead of the guy stealing your money in the corner. WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

[edited solicitation for email - ngdan]

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
I think the real question should be "Why is it that we're talking about Freemasons all the time" ...You know, look at the fireworks instead of the guy stealing your money in the corner. WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

This is the Secret Societies Forum, and despite Freemasonry not being a secret society, it is where the topic is discussed. The NWO Forum is a fine place to read and post the issues you have brought up. I will now forward any demographic information you have disclosed to our Reptilian Overlords so that you can be tagged and placed under observation. Don't forget to show your ID at the door.

NWO Monkeys, not just for subjugating the world anymore...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It seem as though the last few day it's been nothing but. That's all. I sense a trap.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I give and receive very special treatment to and from Freemasons, but not in the areas intimated that could be classed as "nepotism".

I'm not a believer in corruption and unequal dealings. For example things like lying to further an agenda and no-bid contracting "get my goat", LOL.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Gentlemen, it looks to have died down now but, stick to the topic.

Do freemasons give preferential treatment to other freemasons.

I'd think, heck, how could you not? It'd be difficult, realistically, to not favour a person that you are that invovled with.

That is one of the 'legends' about freemasons tho, that they help each other out, work together outside masonic issues to advance one another. Join a corporation, meet the boss, give him teh secret handshack, poof, yer vice president of marketing, or whatever.

Seems like its one of those 'insidious' rumours that can't be stamped out for the same reason it can't be shown to be true, because there's no way to demonstrate it, and any anecdotes about it are just that, anecdotes, stories, and perhaps errors, not actual policy.

The arab mason story above is a good example. This guy joins the masons, a 'white guy' lodge too, because masons run everything, and he's doing what exactly? Running a shop in a neighbhorhood filled with people he dislikes? Not a very good evil and influential cabal eh?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I give and receive very special treatment to and from Freemasons, but not in the areas intimated that could be classed as "nepotism".

Not a very good evil and influential cabal eh?

"I've got every degree in the Masons that there is," said Truman. Harry S Truman often told journalists, "The S doesn't stand for anything." However, after he attained the 33rd degree as a Mason, Truman secretly changed his name by adding the middle initial "S," which stood for Solomon. Truman's rise as a politician is traceable to Masonic sponsorship. He said that being Grand Master for the whole state of Missouri helped him win a U.S. Senate Seat in 1940. Truman's sister, Mary Jane Truman, was the Grand Matron of Missouri in the Order of the Eastern Star, a Masonic organization.

As the 33rd President, this 33rd degree Mason initiated the Nuclear Age, the crowning success of alchemy, when the first A-bomb exploded at the 33rd Parallel Trinity Test Site, (Almagordo) White Sands, New Mexico. He was responsible for killing of thousands of Japanese (the Yellow Peril) at two cities close to the 33rd Parallel, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

On August 6, 1945 at 8:15 a.m. United States B-29 bomber Enola Gay, on Mission No. 13, dropped an atomic bomb called "Little Boy" on Hiroshima, Japan near the 33rd Parallel. This was "Day One" of a new age, the Nuclear Age. To understand the change that took place,............... www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... ....................to read more.........

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Always remember;
Birds of a feather, flock together.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Do freemasons give preferential treatment to other freemasons.
I'd think, heck, how could you not? It'd be difficult, realistically, to not favour a person that you are that invovled with.

Right, but there's a difference between hiring a mason you've known personally, and a mason you just met. I know one brother who wears one of those flip rings (just like the one i wear), and does so because he interviews and hires many people. He flips his ring down for interviews, so that incase a candidate he interviews happens to be a mason, the candidate won't be under the impression that he has an "in".

I'm not aware of any masons I know that WOULDN'T look down on a brothers who scratch each others backs. We are obligated to help a DISTRESSED and WORTHY brother, not overly-ambitious ones.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
My apologies. I was just didn't have time to post more. Next time I'll save it for when I have time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I glad there are some rules, because this is a very good site. Please keep it that way.

BTW.....Sebatwert, that's very good to hear.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Enigmatic Debris]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Next time a cop gets behind you, reach back with your LEFT hand and with your elbow at angle very clearly and obviously scratch the back of your head. Now be sure and wave back as he drives by. Yes, they grant favors. More than you think.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com... ....................to read more.........

Uh yeah, THAT's a credible site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join