It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

historical photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
may be im just weird but i cant help but feel slightly emotional when i see the relics of yesteryear.....this site has some really intresting pics of old japanese and also allied warbirds....if nothing else its a good few minutes viewing...i also think its important to remeber the relivence of these pics.

regards.

www.j-aircraft.com...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
really good stuff.. will make for interesting reading..
thanks..
one question..I thought those japanese zeroes were kinda inferior to the american mustangs.. Thats why they lost the war..But thats an IMO.. any clarifiers??

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
really good stuff.. will make for interesting reading..
thanks..
one question..I thought those japanese zeroes were kinda inferior to the american mustangs.. Thats why they lost the war..But thats an IMO.. any clarifiers??

Yeah, basically. The fuel tanks weren't self sealing, and it had little to no armour. A couple of hits and it's a goner, not much survivability in the way of sustaining damage.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hey,

To he honest, I am not sure any P-51's were used on that side of the planet during WW2, although I could be wrong, but the Japanese Zero up to 1943 had the upperhand in combat against the Wildcats and P-40s, that is untill the F-4 Corsairs and Hellcats came to the fleet.

The zero was a light and VERY manerovable plane, there was more limitions on what the pilot could do in it rather than the plane, although as already stated, this plane didn't really have the best in defensive protection.

- Phil

top topics

join