It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Schools Burning Koran, Bible, and Tora Students Bring With Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
French schools have begun to encourage their secular society by publicly burning any books students bring into school which are of a religious nature.

One of the parents of a muslim student who asked to remain anonymous said her son's copy of the Koran was burned in the center of his 3rd grade class after the teacher discovered it in his backpack in early January. The unnamed source went on to say the teacher gave a lecture on the idiocy of religion as the copy of the Koran was burning.

The teacher was unavailable for comment. However, another source has confirmed this practice takes place, and his son's copy of the Tora was burned in a similar fasion.

French authorities were contacted to find if this is a typical practice in French schools. The individuals sent the information never denied it to be taking place. According to the source previously mentioned, several children have complained about this practice.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Is this for entertainment purposes jungle jake? Is this the same 'Yellow Journalism' you were decrying not five minutes ago in the Quaran flushing topic?

Maybe a source? A link, or a reference, or a name?

I think religion is idiotic as well, just for the record. Faith is eternal, personal, powerful. Religion is just a universal remote control for human beings.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Urm, source? Is this from Newsweek?

-koji K.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
hehe This is in the Short Stories forum

It's satire. Yes, this is exactly the yellow journalism I was talking about.

I'm sorry you all are so upset with this, though. I suppose I could offer an apology for publishing this true, yet unconfirmed story. As I said, the French government never denied the alligations when questioned.

Actually, I'm going to retract the story since it is being reported that 17 French citizens visiting Israel have been killed in riots.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
WTF is this doing here? Out! Out of my sacred short stories section!This is NOT amusing!

DE

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
WTF is this doing here? Out! Out of my sacred short stories section!This is NOT amusing!

DE

What, I created a fictional story. At least I had the integrety to post it as fiction instead of submitting it to ATSNN or putting it in the Current Events forum! I haven't seen a rule that Short Stories can't be political in nature

new topics

top topics

join