It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway delivers blistering attack on US Senate (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Galloway makes an impressive appeal and actually stuns the US Senate. The video is a little long but defintely worth the view.

Briton puts senators on defensive on Iraq

In an unusual appearance, a British lawmaker on Tuesday seemed to catch a Senate committee off guard with his intensely delivered denials of allegations that Saddam Hussein gave him the right to export 20 million barrels of oil.

The member of Parliament, George Galloway, said that the Republican administration built the case for war around "a pack of lies" and now sought to divert attention with "the mother of all smokescreens."

Galloway's vitriolic tone was rare for a Senate witness, and the condemnation of the Iraq war uncommonly fierce for the generally restrained venue

Click here for the Video

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just finished watching it. Very intelligent man. I think it safe to say he defended him self extreamly well. The Senate asked several qustion's that he tried to answer but did'nt want a "long answer" so they skip that qustion when they felt he was'nt anwering them. He was right when it came to stuff like the war and how it was illegal and the fact that 100,000 people died, that including iraqi children and 1,500 american soliders that were either killed, injured or disabled for life.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yeh Galloway is right about many things to do with the Iraq war - he is one of our old style politicians on the left wing of the party the same as Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner - but there are not many of these left in the now sanitized and squeaky clean New Labour Party. Thats why all this time and effort are being put into trying to discredit him - more power to his elbow I say

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

seemed to catch a Senate committee off guard

Surely they knew what he was like? Surely the senate has the ability to get some videos of previous speeches and realise that the man would take this opportunity with both hands?
What I thought was funny was the New York Post's reaction:
Link

He insulted our administration. He decried the war against terror

Oh boo-hoo someone told the truth for once and it hurts

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrpaddy
What I thought was funny was the New York Post's reaction:

Wow, a thug and a bully huh?
I guess they don't like it when people stand up and defend themselves against their smear campaigns.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Galloway made the committe look like they were an equivocal bunch of weak hypocrites.

There is a lot one can criticise 'gorgeous George' for (as he was known in Glasgow).

But when people are reduced to forgery and the most lame and tenuous claims then I am perfectly happy to see George 'slap it up them' as he has continually done with various liars - particularly in the media - who have attempted to use lies about him to attack and destroy him.

Of course if the US authorities really think they have anything credible and of strength against him they will be able to call him back to face the serious penalties those who lie to the committee can face, right?

(and George being far from this gov's best mate probably wouldn't get too much gov backing either)

But my bet is some just keep repeating the assertion (from the safety of the floor of the house and not outside where they might be sued) and we shall hear no more of this......

.....other than a lame stream of faked and very dodgy documents purporting to be genuine and from Saddam's regime.
I take it the reports of the 'unit' established in Iraq to make up with these documents has reached the US?

[edit on 20-5-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I believe that George Galloway is the man he is helping the Americans, how well if you look at it the Bush admistration since it came has made lots of enemies for the USA and George Galloway is trying get rid of them by premoting peace and fighting to what he and millions of other people are fighting for in that is the war which was ileagle and that there wasnt any point in killing 100.000 people and 1.500 American soldiers, and afront of the worlds eyes 20 years ago America is the country which is one of the heros of this world and the world is ever greatful for the strugle they have done in WW2 and a long with other nations. Since the Bush admistration came the world views America as Bully that attacks with no honour of course the world leaders knew that Iraq is helples and doesnt have any WMD and no terorrist organization because if they did then there could have been uprising in the nation against Sadam and Kuwait and, Kurdish people have no threat from being part of the Iraqi regime as they would use terroist to fight for there war.

But since there is only being military operation in Iraq the Iraqi people have attacked the opressors just like that. and now there are terrorist in the country that was not threat to any other country and is a threat this another Vietnam, and it wont become a communist state after American have left it but it will become another enemy of America after the puppet Government is taken out of action.

just to say America should not be dishonoured, and fight for what is wrong and stop the Bush admistration for doing terroristic activities in this world, and fight for is the real cause which is PELESTINE/INDIAN HELD KASHMIR/CHECHENEYA and SUDDAN and other affected areas in the world which need the attention of the world.

George Galloway is just letting us remember that greed for money will not make you happy if you give pain to others one day that pain will come to. you.

[edit on 23-6-2005 by Interseptor]

new topics

top topics

join