It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space travel , Light Speed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
where the hell do tektikes or whatever have to do with FTL travel if you want to discuss your "God is the center of the universe" theories find some other topic or start your own. stop hijacking other peoples posts,that is very rude of you.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jo1327n
where the hell do tektikes or whatever have to do with FTL travel if you want to discuss your "God is the center of the universe" theories find some other topic or start your own. stop hijacking other peoples posts,that is very rude of you.

ouch!!!

Didn't mean to upset you so. But you're right, let's get back to the topic.
I said...

The entire universe is inverted.

So FTL speed is not that relative.
Light bends.
Speed of light can be slowed down with temperature.
And God and his Son are bodily dwelling in the center.

Then Jake(the originator of this thread) asked me to expound.
So eventually I brought up tektites and their true Origin...

He concluded that I'm nutz.
But if ME nutz, then HE nutz TOO!

...i agree with everything you said

Then Left Behind followed me(now severly bruised) and came to try to save face by posting nasa propaganda, eventually alluding to me as a troll.

Let's take a poll.
Who looks more like a troll?

A. Plumbo

B. Left Behind

Don't tick me off.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Plumbo

I'm still waiting for you to back up what you say.

I know you can't, but it's okay, I'll keep asking.

Just keep insulting me instead of actually attempting to back up any of your nonsense.

BTW on topic.

I think FTL is going to be hard to attain.

Frank Herbert had a good idea with ships that somehow reduce their mass to zero. Null-ships I think they were called. With such technology I believe it would be possible to go faster than light.

However I think it more probable that we will come up with a way to travel through other dimension with smaller area, and then come back into ours, there by getting somewhere faster than light, but not actually travelling faster than light.

edit: Plumbo if you really believe this I have a proposition for ya.

Let's take this to the debate forum, I am more than willing to go head to head against you on this one.

If not, it's ok, just keep hijacking other peoples threads, then no one will think you're a troll.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by LeftBehind]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
edit: Plumbo if you really believe this I have a proposition for ya.
Let's take this to the debate forum, I am more than willing to go head to head against you on this one.

hmmm, not that tempting since you've already lost.

However, if there be a more worthy opponent....

On a more merciful note Left Behind, Jesus still loves you.
And I'll be praying for you. Here's a virtual hug.

p.s. There's glass in the sky

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
Is light propelled by something? Is there a force that makes it go at the speed it does? Is there a theory to somehow 'harness' light so that we can move at that speed?

Jake, this an excellent question, and by the professional jamming you received from at least one new low-point troll on this thread, I would guess you have hit very close to a truth 'someone' does not want 'out'. I would suggest you repost your thread with a new title.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by Chakotay]

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I've got another idea. An attempt to salvage this. The site leadership seems to frown on the idea of two threads on the same subject.

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
This is one of those 'out there' questions that likely only has 'imagination' as an answer, but if anyone knows something it is likely to be here.

The speed of light.
Constant or not...doesnt matter

Is light propelled by something? Is there a force that makes it go at the speed it does? Is there a theory to somehow 'harness' light so that we can move at that speed?

Now , beyond the rim

Star Trek and Warp Speed.
My understanding of the science in the show is that the warp engines rapidly gather up space (picture space as a grid) , bunching it up like you would a blanket , and then letting go of the first half and letting space stretch back out while 'holding on' to the second half...thus moving the ship.

Since old imagination sometimes becomes modern practice...is that one even possible one day? I have doubts , not simply because we arent even close...that would be short sighted...but rather because anything near a device that could do such a thing would also be 'warped' with space and destroyed.

Is there anything like the above in actual science?
Or is it only science fiction?

I agree Chakotay, Jake is asking some good questions in the original post, reposted above.

As to harnessing light. There is something called the Cosmos Project, which is trying to build a working solar sail.

www.planetary.org...

Here is how they propose to do it.

www.planetary.org...

NASA doesn't want to help them, because the cost is too high for such an experiment. So they are planning on using a russian made, sub-launched ICBM.

Here's a picture of the launch, and of what they want it to look like while traveling.

Their site is definitely worth checking out. They even tell you how to make your own. Open source in action.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Thanks LB

The idea for a solar sail came from that little thing inside the glass vacume I saw somewhere. It has panels painted black on one side and white on the other. When you put it in the sun, it spins...

I know its a completely different process, but the basic premise is the same.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join