It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Star Wars III Anti-Bush?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think the fact that George Lucas based his Star Wars series in a historical basis, and not current events, is why the GOP wants this movie to be rated R and not PG13.

If this movie had explicit criticism of Bush the Republicans could rebuff it as one mans biased political rant. But because Lucas has so diligently based his movie on our common history the ending is unrefutable and the similarities are there. History, not Star Wars, is telling us how this will end.

Let me reiterate that, history - not Star Wars, is showing us what giving up more and more freedoms for a sense of saftey ends up as. An absolute dictatorship.

Even the most unengaged lay-people can see the result of what happens when you do this. Its so easy to understand in movie form and so many millions will see this. This is what is scaring the hell out of the GOP.

Santayana said it best when he said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it". Im sure you can find millions of Germans who believed Hitler had their best intentions at heart. I bet the Bolsheviks thought they were doing the right thing as well. And on and on. Santayana went on to say, with utter clarity:

"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness…. when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual.

This is the condition of children and barbarians, in whom instinct has learned nothing from experience."

[edit on 24/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
Actually ... the first guy to say "If you're not with me you're against me ", was Jesus ...as far as i know... so maybe Lukas is trying to compare DARTH VADER to Jesus ..?

Lukas is a Cientologist/Buddhist/ whatever else?? and he did say the name "JEDI" was a reference to JEWS...????

Star Wars - The Antichrist Force

AHHH! Stop the missinformation!

"Jedi" comes from a Japanese word. Jedi is Lucas interpetation of the Samurai, Ninjas, Kung Fu, and other Asian martial arts. Mixed with European fencing, and sword fighting arts.

Modern Jews come from the Khazar Empire. Which used to be located in Eastern Europe. They have no bloodline ties to the Jews in the Bible.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Every single Freeeeeeeeekin thing in ALL the star wars movies was already freeeeekin written before the first Star Wars movie even came out. Here's something few people even freeeeeekin know about:

The BOOK "Star Wars: A New Hope: Journal of the Whills"
came out 1 year before the first star wars movie came out in 1977! IN THE BOOK IT IMMEDIATLY TALKS ABOUT THE EMPEROR AND HOW HE CAME TO POWER! By manipulation, taking out the senate, on and on. EVERYTHING that happens in the new star wars movie that came out right now.

This is where the little debate about Yoda's race being a "whill" came from. From the BOOK that came out before a single Star Wars movie ever came out.

The idea of the "force" comes from Middle Eastern, and Asian, ideas about the chi. Martial arts is about harnessing the power of the chi.
Another secret society, the Thule Society, also talked about the "Viril". And the Thule leaders explaned it exactly as Ben the Jedi explained it in the first Star Wars movie in 1977.

The idea for Vaders costume comes from how ancient Samurai looked. They also wore removable masks over their faces along with helmets. Watch the freeekin movie "The Last Samurai in the early scene when the Samurai ride through the foggy woods. They look almost exactly like Darth Vader!!!

The idea for the Death Star is from ancient Babylon legends about a large, movable, object in space piloted by aliens, that destroyed planets!

AND... the underlining political stuff in Star Wars has happened over and over and over and over and over all throughout history! In Roman times which led to the first Roman Emperor. In France. In England. In America before the American Revolutionary War. Even back in Egyptian times when for a while a senate ruled Egypt after they overthrew a Pharoah. Then generations later the Egyptian senate got destroyed by a dictator.

The Emperor and Darth Maul and Count Dooku and General Grievous and Darth Plagus the Wise, and Anakin are part of a secret society. In Star Wars its called "the Sith". The "Jedi" are another secret society. Not anyone can just join the Jedi. BOTH of them are about a small select group having power over the masses!!!

The Jedi supposivly use their insane power for "good" and the Sith supposivly use their insane power for "bad". Even in the movie it has a quote saying Jedi and Sith are the SAME THING.. History is full of secret societies!!!!
Thule Society, Skull & Bones Society, Freemasons, Hellfire Club, Trilateral Commision, Druids, Bavarian Illumanati, Script & Scroll Society, P3, MI 5, and many more!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lucas and Star Wars also have tons of stuff about other subjects too! Blatant Bible stuff, and other stuff! And no one talks about it! There's even blatant Satanic stuff in Star Wars!

"Execute Order 66!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 26-5-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
hehehee

I killed this thread with my super brain and super info hehehee

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i was actually watching star wars III: return of the sith and the relationship between the two popped in my mind and i got on here to see if anyone had talked about it.

im not sayin that the movie was made to be similar to the Bush ontroversy. im a big fan of star wars and i know this plot was written before bush. im just sayin the similarities beetween the two are almost identical and i thought that was pretty interesting.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Best thread i've read so far.

I am the foremost authority in star wars news and events. recently, Lucas has been interviewed in SF and he spoke for about an hour on education and political events.

he said something like, "We wouldn't be in this war". he is obviously against the war in Iraq and against the current administration. That's not to say that ROTS is based on current events 100%.

He wrote the basic storyline back in 1975. About a person by the name of palpatine rising into power. Now, I ask you to pick up the novel, star wars from 1977. In the prologue, there is an explanation as to what happens in ROTS. and this was writen 30 or so years ago. when you read the novel, and I have you got the sense of what was about to happen and how palpatine came into power.

So, yes, Lucas is anti-bush. he is anti-war and anti-technology. Anyone who has seen star wars knows that Lucas is trying to say that technology with power is a bad thing and that armies are not necessary. and that all empires fail.

So, in a way ROTS is anti-bush, but it's not meant to be. it just happened to fit with the current situation. Lucas took the idea from the romans, vietnam, greeks and other civilizations that have had the same problem. The emperor is much like hitler, julius, and Bush.

Jar Jar binks is the most important character in the PT because he was the one who gave palpatine the power and he had everyone vote for him. Jar jar represents the african american population.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
how did you come to the conclusion that jar jar represents the african american population? as i recal blacks werent the ones that voted Bush into office.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bean328
how did you come to the conclusion that jar jar represents the african american population? as i recal blacks werent the ones that voted Bush into office.

sorry, I meant to say the minorities. such as hispanic/blacks.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

you're missing the massive hitler allegory here... the specist, human-centric galactic empire is a sci-fi version of nazi germany

hell, the emperor's right hand man is actually quite comparable to hitler's...

i think the movie is just pro-democracy.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
an inaccuracy, i have found.

Originally posted by jedimiller
He wrote the basic storyline back in 1975. About a person by the name of palpatine rising into power. Now, I ask you to pick up the novel, star wars from 1977. In the prologue, there is an explanation as to what happens in ROTS. and this was writen 30 or so years ago. when you read the novel, and I have you got the sense of what was about to happen and how palpatine came into power.

incorrect. the original idea of palpatine was a character named "cos da#"
he was more of a puppet who had his strings pulled by the moffs and vader than a tyrant. this idea was perpetuated until the novelization of the empire strikes back.

i think you need to read up on the drafts of star wars

So, yes, Lucas is anti-bush. he is anti-war and anti-technology. Anyone who has seen star wars knows that Lucas is trying to say that technology with power is a bad thing and that armies are not necessary. and that all empires fail.

except for miraculous tech like bacta tanks...
and hyperdrives that allow for galactic commerce...

lucas is quite pro-tech...
the downfall of the prequel trilogy was his emphasis on tech over substance...

back to the academy with you, padawan.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
except for miraculous tech like bacta tanks...
and hyperdrives that allow for galactic commerce...

lucas is quite pro-tech...

Umm, no. Lucas specifically mentioned that he took out R2 D2 at the end of ANH so that he show what folks could do on their own without technology. He already had taken care of the auto-targetting thing by then, so it was just up to Luke and his low-tech Force powers to save the day.

back to the academy with you, padawan.

Perhaps you should take your own advice? Perhaps you and jedimiller can be study buddies?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

you're talking lucas circa 1977, i'm talking modern day george lucas. he's not anti-tech, he's against lazy tech.

your statement would be relevant in older discussions, but this is a discussion on the modern george lucas.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

you're talking lucas circa 1977, i'm talking modern day george lucas. he's not anti-tech, he's against lazy tech.
your statement would be relevant in older discussions, but this is a discussion on the modern george lucas.

He has never changed his stance on that. Otherwise he would have digitally edited the ending of ANH to show R2 making it through just fine.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

it's still not evidence that he's anti technology, just against technology that makes someone rely on it instead of themselves...

again, i point out that he's the guy that loves digital tech and made an entire movie in green screen

however...we're WAY off topic here. the point is if it's anti-bush.
i say the movie is just pro-democracy and bush just happens to be anti-democracy.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   

incorrect. the original idea of palpatine was a character named "cos da#"
he was more of a puppet who had his strings pulled by the moffs and vader than a tyrant. this idea was perpetuated until the novelization of the empire strikes back.

i think you need to read up on the drafts of star wars

I'm not talking about the drafts. I'm talking about the prologue from the novel star wars from 1977. get a copy and read it.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

ah, from the adventures of luke skywalker, yes

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
im still confused as to how you (jedimiller) think minorities are the cause of all this and bush being in office?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join