It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: New Jane Fonda Movie Banned from Some Kentucky Theaters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The only movie I really like that has Jane Fonda in it is 9 to 5, I just love that, it's a true classic.

[edit on 5/18/2005 by djohnsto77]

That was the other one that was in my favorite, thanks for remembering.

Saving Private Ryan was about dying soldiers and it was no good propaganda, when our soldiers were still in Iraq
during the election times.

It was argued that it was to "explicit" for prime TV.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I checked out google.com, and this is what I found.

7.7 million people watched ABC's unedited broadcast of "Saving Private Ryan"

Some affiliates, at their discretion, pulled the movie because of its foul language.

Zip

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Only the opposing media outlets banned from TV, I happen to be in one of the state that neither 9/11 was shown or Private Ryan.

But we were shown the remembering of our death in Iraq, other media outlets black that out.

Its all about control, depending what area of the country controls your media outlets they have the last say so on what is block or not that can be controvertial to their political or social agendas.

Let me use other words, I mean I am in one of those cities that 9/11 didn't made it to the theaters.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by marg6043]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

from Some News Article
DECORAH, Iowa — The president of a company that owns movie theaters in Iowa and Nebraska is refusing to show director Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11."

R.L. Fridley, owner of Des Moines-based Fridley Theatres, says the controversial documentary incites terrorism.

Fridley said in an e-mail message to company managers that the company does not "play political propaganda films from either the right or the left."

"Our country is in a war against an enemy who would destroy our way of life, our culture and kill our people," Fridley wrote. "These barbarians have shown through (the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001) and the recent beheadings that they will stop at nothing. I believe this film emboldens them and divides our country even more."

The theatre owners can show or not show whatever they want, marg. Furthermore, they can belong to whatever political party they want.

They can base their decisions on which films to show on their political stances.

You can too, if you're a theatre owner. It's not censorship, it's not a constitutional violation, and it's not some kind of huge conspiracy.

Zip

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think it is a conspiracy of forcing believes and values upon others, and the problem is how far will particular groups that control big companies and conglomarates will push their personal agendas on the American population, because the can do it.

When big companies runs the country we the people are under their mercy.

That is my problem and my rage about.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'd rather see her hang for treason, but having tobacco spit in her face and seeing her movies banned is a good start. Of all the strange places to learn about democracy, I learned something very relevant in church. The counsel always given regarding the church board was simple- you can think whatever you want, you can dissent, you can do just about whatever you feel is right. But once a decision is made the debate is over and you are either comfortable staying or you are not. She could have said just about anything and fine- freedom of speech. But to go to North Vietnam and provide moral support to people who were killing Americans was inexcusable. In that action, she expressed a decision that she was unable to continue to be an American while that policy (the war) was in place. Therefore she should never have STAYED in North Vietnam. She had no business setting foot back on American soil, AT LEAST while the war continued, if not in perpetuity. Her attempt to have it both ways disgusts me and was arguably treasonous.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I'd rather see her hang for treason, but having tobacco spit in her face and seeing her movies banned is a good start. Of all the strange places to learn about democracy, I learned something very relevant in church. The counsel always given regarding the church board was simple- you can think whatever you want, you can dissent, you can do just about whatever you feel is right. But once a decision is made the debate is over and you are either comfortable staying or you are not.

Reminds me of the time I brought my black girlfriend to visit my Dad's church in Apopka, Florida. You are right. The counsel made thier decison. We weren't comfortable, so we left.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The only movie I really like that has Jane Fonda in it is 9 to 5,

Uhm, helllooo, Barbarella?

external image
Now if she was in this movie, it'd've been a different story.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Uhm, helllooo, Barbarella?

I must have missed something in my childhood, but I've never even heard of that movie before I found this site.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You should rent it. Its absolutely horrible. I recommend.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I was in the Army for six years, I've never met a person who cared one way or the other about her

I have met many people that do....just cause you have NEVER met someone that gives a crap that does mean that many people do not.

If I owned a theatre Im gonna play whatever I want, if you don't like you go to blockbuster........Good on the owner....he's exercising his rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join