It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you need 200 posts to use chat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Why can't anyone use chat? Me and my friend would like to but he need another 150 posts to. Wouldn't it just be so much simpler? Someone back me up

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Due to certain people abusing the chat feature on ATS in the past, they opted to make it a paid feature. I'd actualy not mind if they cranked it up to 5 or 10K points so that only those people that actualy interact with the boards can use it.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I agree with the 200 post limit, due to the fact it makes sure that its only the slightly longer term members that are able to enter.

If there wasn't a limit any old troll, spammer etc could go in a ruin chat.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
eh suppose you're right but maybe it should be on request like you U2U ADVISOR for permission to use it and if you screw up your out. I mean spammers will just post on the boards, heres an example:

So UK WIZARD, hows that progress report coming along?

link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I agree with the 200 post limit, due to the fact it makes sure that its only the slightly longer term members that are able to enter.

If there wasn't a limit any old troll, spammer etc could go in a ruin chat.

EXACTLY! That's happened in the past. Chat is an "added value feature"[i/] that we offer to legitmate members who are here for the community NOT those who are here to take from the community or disrupt it.

m...

link   
The Chat feature is a little “thank you” from the owner and admin to contributing ATS members. The bar is set at 200 posts…really this is fairly low and allows everyone to get there within 2 days of joining the site if they wish. Your friend only needs 150 more posts…you’ll be chatting in no time if he/she remains an active member.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
The bar is set at 200 posts…really this is fairly low and allows everyone to get there within 2 days of joining the site if they wish.

200 posts in 2 days
I think I need to spam more

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
lol Quake…maybe 2 days is a bit fast but you get the point. I hate when people make me do math…lol

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Atomix, here's a couple of threads that detail the reasons behind the 200 post limit for chat. I hope this helps:

politics.abovetopsecret.com... (the reasons)

politics.abovetopsecret.com... (the resulting discussion)

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
because by 200 posts you are worthy enough to enter the presence of the ppl on chat

top topics

join