~A Prophecy Of The Great Armageddon That Is To Come ~

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This PROPHECY is actually written in greek.....and is translated by another poster in a web site.....Ntinos thank you...

The Prophecy in greek reads like a poem ....but in translation it differs a little bit,but the meaning of what is to come is there....

This was wriiten by quote///''''the faithful by Elder Joseph of the Vatopedi Monastery of Agion Oros. The Elder is known to have the prophetic gift, and is still alive, living in the Monastery in Agion Oros(MOUNT ATHOS )In Greece......
The prophecy:

Listen people all over the world/and you stranger, pay attention to what you are about to read...
It is hard and sorrowful, but it is destined/all will come out as written .
They were written by our fathers for the world to know/that from this
war all that is spoken of will happen.
So that all will turn to God and to confess / if one wants to save themselves and live happily.
The fire will start from a small crisis / war cry is coming from Bulgaria.
And very soon will Russia suddenly invade Turkey / And like a gushing waterstream conquers all of Persia.
And going forth suddenly without great resistance towards Palesteine / The Antichrist wants to become God in this world.
Then the nations of the West intervene / woe to the states of the North, which are all turned to dust.
With great rage does the bear defend in Turkey/ which did great injustice to Greece, and turns into fire.
In vain does the Bear try to hold the straights/ and in the end shall she stand no more.
That is because from the East, Korea, Mantzouria shall Japan and USA invade/ and march full speed towards Sibera/ while in the west front shall Germany be victorious/ and then shall it be impossible for Russia to hold/ and shall abandon the Straights/Turkey and Egypt.
The Bear is hit from everywhere/ and lives in a great rush/ like the undisciplined cattle
Then shall the treacherous Turkey be defeated/ for she will commit great treason.
Because, after she is conquered whole by Russia/ she will ally with her and Bulgaria/ For all Christians that live in the City (Constantinople) and in the neighbouring lands must all leave.
For the City will burn/ and noone will remain alive in her.
Only the temple will remain standing in her/ the temple of the God’s wisdom/ which will remain an eternal light of Holy Orthodoxy/ for which (the temple) the light will come out and illuminate the world/ for Jesus’s reign which the world awaits.
The first phase of the terrible war is over/ all this terrible suffering is not enough, Lord?
And then a new war will start to break out/ and woe to the man for what he has to suffer.

The question of the City (Constantinople) will then again be once more in the middle/ and the world will be entangled and will not be able to untangle.

Immeditately does sorrow kneel down to Crete/ and the passions and hatred get lit up.
Since the powerful of the earth will be let down/ and then shall war happen, which none has ever happened/ woe to the evil ones for noone shall remain
Then shall Greece neutral, and always disjustified/ her right will ask for/ and ready be/ without interfering.
Then will she talk when the Lord’s voice/from the heavens is head for her to be given her right. Then the nations will be slaughtering each other with great ferocity/ in the vicinity of the City for the straights.

Then will the calf be drown in blood / and then will the clean up begin of the wheat from the chalf.
In the Sea where a ship is found will none remain/ and from the blood will the Sea become red.
The City will burn whole, and not even a trace will exist/ of man carnalist because much has she commited
Only the temple of the Lord’s Wisdom/ the Jewel of His Bride, His Holy Church. Three days shall the battle last/ and he who comes alive out of this shall have great luck
18 Nations with great ferocity angered/ will be slaughtering without sense, bathed in blood. The third day exactly, those who are exhausted from battle still live will be startled to see/ up high in the Heavens in the right (direction) places/ that a star brighter than the Sun will be exist.
And from below the star a Cross will shine/ in flames, burning red, and startled will the States/ hear from the Heaven a voice/of an Angel, all out of a sudden, that will make them stand in one feet.
The Weapons shall they drop to the ground, and frightered/ the star will be gazing little petrified. Stand for the Voice to be heard. Stand in one place/ For enough has the blood of man been shed. Rush to the right (direction) place/and follow the arrow that comes out from the Star.
And there shall you find a holy/man of those who belong to me.
Shepherd have I chosen him to me, so that he may guide my flock.
Him have you also elected a shepherd, so that he may guide/my sheep, that wander alone without a home.
Night shall My Voice be heard and the world terrified/ from My Voice that comes from the Salpigx and shall stay startled.
And straight shall the arrow be directed towards the South in Greece/from where the heavenly light will shine like a torch.
Then shall ambassadors reach Greece/with great delight shall Greece respond.
Then shall Greece be awaked first with her army/ so that she will fulfil her holy purpose.
To conquer without fight, her holy places/ which her enemies had conquered, and all the world acknowledges.
Then shall the refuges with great delight/run to their places like flying eagles.
Then shall the greek King, the chosen of the Lord/ which in everything shall be perfect and in the earth/ will rule with justice/ and the earth will take great delight in her constant peace.
The weapons of war will turn into tools/ and plows for farming/ and peace and happiness.
Will rule everywhere/ and like brothers people will live/ on the earth and will not ask/ one another human whether he is a stranger/ but will be called brother from Adam’s
Greeks come back from the dead this is the truth/ don’t be outwitted by the unbelievers that it is false.
All this will come, the time is getting closer/the universe is being terrified and you are not scared: the great plight is coming to destroy the wicked/ and from the earth without remorse to whipe them off.
Take the decision and with great logic think/ if you want to live and forever be saved/ that you all repent and turn towards the Divine/ for no other that this is there salvation.
The war that is coming has not happened before/ to such a great extent and so murderous, and neither shall happen again.
If the wheat is not cleansed from the chalf / and the worms(virus) will burn like the dry grass.

The greek form of the prophecy:

"Ακούσατε Έθνη και λαοί της Οικουμένης πάσης / και εσύ αναγνώστα πρόσεχε σ’αυτό που θα διαβάσης.
Είναι σκληρά και λυπηρά, αλλά είναι πεπρωμένα /να γίνουν όσα στας Γραφάς ευρίσκονται γραμμένα.
Τάγραψαν οι Πατέρες μας ο κόσμος για να μάθη / από αυτόν τον
Πόλεμο τι μέλλεται να πάθη.
Για να προσφύγη στον Θεόν και να μετανοήση / αν θέλη για να σωθή και ευτυχής να ζήση.
Με μιας θα ανάψη η φωτιά από μικρή αιτία/ κραυγή πολέμου έρχεται από τη Βουλγαρία.
Η δε Ρωσία ξαφνικά εισβάλλει στην Τουρκία / και ως χείμαρρος ορμητικός σαρώνει την Περσία.
Και προχωρεί ακάθεκτη φθάνει στην Παλαιστίνη / Θεός θέλει ο Αντίχριστος του Κόσμου για να γίνη.
Τότε κατέρχονται ομού της Δύσεως τα κράτη / ουαί στα Έθνη του Βορρά γίνονται όλα στάχτη.
Με λύσσα αμύνεται σκληρά η Αρκτος (Ρωσία) στην Τουρκία / που αδίκησε την Ελλάδα και όλη αναφλέγεται και καίει σα λαμπάδα.
Ματαίως αγωνίζεται η Άρκτος να κράτηση / τα περιβόητα Στενά(Σουέζ) στο τέλος θ' απηυδήσει.
Γιατί από την Ανατολή, Κορέα, Μαντζουρία / εισβάλλει η Αμερική με την Ιαπωνία / και προχωρεί ολοταχώς γραμμή στη Σιβηρία/ ενώ στη Δυτική πλευρά νικά η Γερμανία / και τότε είναι αδύνατον να κρατηθή η Ρωσία / και εγκαταλείπει τα Στενά, Αίγυπτον και Τουρκία.
Κτυπιέται η Άρκτος πανταχού και φεύγει προτροπάδην/όπως διασκορπίζεται ένα άτακτο κοπάδι.
Τότε ομού θα ητηθή και η δόλιος Τουρκία/ γιατί θα πράξη πονηρά μεγάλη προδοσία.
Γιατί αφού καταβληθή όλη από τη Ρωσία/ Θα συμμαχήσει μετ'αυτής και με την Βουλγαρία. Για τούτο όσοι χριστιανοί ευρίσκονται στην Πόλη/ και στα περίχωρα αυτής,πρέπει να φύγουν όλοι.
Γιατί η Πόλις (=Κωνσταντινούπολη) θα καή και ουδείς θα απομείνη/κάτοικος ζων εντός αυτής.
Μον' ο Ναός θα μείνη/(ο οίκος ούτος και Ναός της του Θεού Σοφίας /όστις θα μείνει αείφωτος φάρος της Ορθοδόξου Εκκλησίας/ εξ ού το φως θα ξαπλωθή σ' όλη την Οικουμένη/ της Βασιλείας του Χριστού που ο κόσμος αναμένει).
Η πρώτη φάσις έληξε του τρομερού πολέμου/ τόσα δεινά πέντε μηνών δεν επαρκούν Θεέ μου;/ κι πάλιν νέος πόλεμος θ' αρχίση να ξεσπάση/αλλοίμονο στον άνθρωπο τι έχει να περάση.
Το ζήτημα της Πόλεως πάλι θα βγει στη μέση/κι ο κόσμος θα περιπλεχθεί και δε θα ξεμπερδεύση.
Αμέσως η διχόνοια ενσκήπτει εις την Κρήτη/και ανάπτουν εις τα αυθωρεί (αμέσως) τα μίση και τα πάθη.
Αφού οι ισχυροί της γης απογοητευθώσιν/ τότε θα γίνη πόλεμος, που ουδέποτε έχει γίνει, αλλοιμονον στους ασεβείς κανείς δε θα απομείνη.
Τότε η Ελλάς ουδέτερη και πάντα αδικημένη/το δίκαιο της θα ζητή/και έτοιμη θα αναμένη/χωρίς ν' αναμιχθή.
Και τότε θα μιλήση όταν η σάλπιγξ του Θεού/εκ του ουρανού σαλπίση για να δικαιωθεί.Τότε τα Έθνη μεληδόν θα σφάζωνται αγρίως/στα όρια της Πόλεως για τα Στενά κυρίως.
Τότε θα πλεύση και πνιγή στο αίμα το μοσχάρι/τότε θα εκκαθαρισθή η ήρα απ' το σιτάρι.
Στη θάλασσα όπου βρεθή πλοίο δεν θ' απομείνει /και από το αίμα η θάλασσα κοκκινωπή θα γίνη.
Η Πόλις θα κατακαυσθή κι ίχνος δεν θα υπάρξη/πλέον ανθρώπου υλιστή γιατί πολλά έχει πράξη.
Μόνος θα μείνει ο Ναός της του Θεού Σοφίας/το στόλισμα της Νύμφης του Αγίας του Εκκλησίας. Τρία ημερονύκτια θα διαρκέση η μάχη/όποιος εξέλθει ζωντανός μεγάλη τύχη θάχη.
Κράτη ομού δέκα οκτώ με πείσμα αγριεμένα/θα σφάζωνται αλλόφρονα στο αίμα βουτυγμένα. Την τρίτη ημέρα ακριβώς όσοι εξηντλημένοι/από την μάχη ο' οποζούν θα δούνε ξαφνιασμένοι /εκεί ψηλά στον ουρανό στα δεξιά τα μέρη/να λάμπη υπέρ τον ήλιον ένα μεγάλο αστέρι.
Και από τ' αστέρι κάτωθεν ένας Σταυρός ν'αστράπτη/πύρινος κατακόκκινος κι'έκπληκτα τα Κράτη /ακούσουνε εκ του ουρανού μια φωνή βροντώδη/αγγέλου απροσδόκητον που θα σταθούν στο πόδι.
Τα όπλα θα πετάξουμε στη γη και τρομαγμένοι/τ' αστέρι θα κοιτάξουνε σαν απολιθωμένοι. Σταθήτε θ' ακουσθή φωνή. Σταθήτε επί τόπου/Γιατί αρκετά εχύθηκε το αίμα του ανθρώπου. Σπεύσατε πάραυ
τα εκεί στα δεξιά τα μέρη/το τόξο ακολουθήστε που βγαίνει από το αστέρι.
Κι εκεί θα βρήτε άνθρωπον άγιον/δικόν μου.
Ποιμένα αυτόν εξέλεξα δια το ποίμνιόν μου.
Τούτον και σεις εκλέξατε ποιμένα να ποιμάνη/τα πρόβατα μου, που γυρνούν έρημα δίχως στάνη.
Νύκτα θ' ακουσθή η φωνή μου και ο κόσμος τρομαγμένος/εκ της φωνής της σάλπιγγος θα μείνη σαστισμένος.
Κι ευθύς το τόξον θα στραφή προς νότον στην Ελλάδα/που απ' τό φως τό ουράνιον θα φέγγη σάν λαμπάδα.
Τότε θα καταφθάνουνε οι Πρέσβεις στην Ελλάδα/ολόχαρη δε η Ελλάς με βία και γρηγοράδα.
Τότε η Ελλάς θα σηκωθή πρώτη με το στρατό της/να εκπληρώσει ολόχαρη τον Ιερόν σκοπόν της.
Να καταλάβη αμαχητί, τα ιερά της μέρη/που της τα πήραν οι εχθροί, που όλος ο κόσμος ξέρει.
Τότε οι πρόσφυγες ομού από χαρά σκιρτώντες/θα τρέξουνε στα μέρη τους σαν αετοί πετώντας.
Τότε ο Έλλην Βασιλεύς, ο εκλεκτός Κυρίου/εις πάντα θάναι άριστος και επί της υφηλίου/θα άρχη και θα διοική μετά δικαιοσύνης/και η γη θα χαίρεται εκ διαρκούς ειρήνης.
Τα όπλα τα πολεμικά θα γίνουν εργαλεία/και άροτρα γεωργικά/κι ειρήνη και ευτυχία. Θα Βασιλεύση πανταχού/ κι ως αδελφοί να ζώσι/οι άνθρωποι επί της γης και δεν θα ερωτώσι/ο εις τον άλλον άνθρωπον μήπως και είναι ξένος/αλλά θα λέγεται αδελφός και εκ του Αδάμ το γένος.
Έλληνες ανανήψατε αυτή είναι η αλήθεια/μή σας πλανούν οι άπιστοι πώς είναι παραμύθια.
Oλα αυτά θα γίνουνε η ώρα πλησιάζει/το σύμπαν αναταράσεται και σας δεν σας τρομάζει: Η συμφορά που έρχεται τους ασεβείς να πλήξη/και εκ της γης αλύπητα να τους αξαφανίση.
Πάρετε την απόφασιν και λογικά σκεφθήτε/αν θέλετε να ζήσετε και αιώνια να σωθήτε/όλοι μετανοήσατε στραφήτε προς τα θεία/γιατί ουδεμία απ' αυτήν υπάρχει σωτηρία.
Ο πόλεμος που έρχεται ουδέποτε έχει γίνει/τόσον μεγάλος και φρικτός και δεν θα γένη ειρήνη.
Εάν δεν εκκαθαρισθή η ήρα από το σιτάρι / και τα ζιζάνια θα καούν σαν το ξήρο χωρτάρι.

I wish to apologise beforehands for any inconvinience in the translation of the text I have caused.
And I would also like to thank my good friend Helen for giving me a great helping hand.

A note: the Elder who wrote this is not a canonised Saint, and will probably not be canonised in the near future because things like this take time, and he is yet alive (although of an old age). The best source is the Elder himself, who can be found at the Monastery of Vatopedi in Agion Oros.
......Thanks Ntinos ......

Most of the translation here is from Ntinos.....thanks again....
helen...
Glory be to God....
Christ is Risen...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

And there shall you find a holy/man of those who belong to me.
Shepherd have I chosen him to me, so that he may guide my flock.
Him have you also elected a shepherd, so that he may guide/my sheep, that wander alone without a home.

Unless I missed it there was no mention of Jesus, I have a problem with that. If He's not the focus then extreme caution should be used.

Also I have stated this before. It is possible that a major war time could come, just as the Bible predicts about Armegeddon, and someone appears at a climatic moment just like Christ is to appear. Except the only problem is it's not the real armegeddon and not the real Jesus Christ.

This shepherd guy sounds deceptive and my guess is he is the antichrist. Deception will be a key ingredient at this point in time.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Dbrandt...

You missed it.there is mention of Jesus Christ.......but you have to know and understand that this prophecy refers to all the world ....right before the end of the world........end of times and Judgement day.....before Christ comes with His Saints to Judge/ I can refer you to verses from the New Testament....because this also speaks of the war in Armageddon....

and there you shall find a holy man chosen by me......meaning that Christ Himself has chosen to Direct the world to the Truth/right before the end/
Like when Kings were chosen in the old Testament by God Himself to guide His people.
This man will be of great faith/ and a Voice will be heard from above/
we will have no other choice of that time because it will be the Antichrist on earth with his followers to an earthly kingdom ...giving us all that we wish /want in this world....not having a care about our soul......

Jesus Christ will come right before the end/ when He will JUDGE the world....
He will not come as He did /He will come with His Saints and Angels to judge the world......
This prophecy that was written now by an elder(Monk) living at Mount Athos....similar prophecies have been prophecied by various Saints of the Holy Orthodox Church since the 3rd century and all read the same/
Russia and Turkey will go to war/ it will be over Greece/and the handing over of St Sophia the Church in Constantinople(Istanbul today ).......

What else can I say?
One must wait and see that all these prophecies will come out!
The similar prophecies by various Saints and Fathers have been 100% accurate as to what was written about our future and most of them have come out........which out of those that are still waiting to happen........and are happening before our eyes......
Theses other prophecies I have mentioned here about 3 /OR 4 years ago.....check them out.....

Glory be to God.....
Christ is Risen........Xristos Anesti

helen

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
quote///

'And the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.'

(Matt. 24, 14)

Orthodox Fathers, not least among them Blessed John (Maximovich), have interpreted the above verse in the following way: before the end of the world, Orthodoxy has to be preached to all the peoples of the Earth.
The fact that the Gospel has been translated, mainly through the efforts of Protestant missionary societies, into over a thousand tongues is not enough. The fact that many peoples and tribes in the Americas and Africa have heard of the Gospel, mostly through the efforts of Roman Catholic colonists and administrators, is not enough.
No, - the peoples of the world must understand the Gospel in spirit and truth, in other words, in the light of the fullness of the Christian Faith, in the light of Orthodoxy.

Even a hundred years ago, many, even Orthodox, would perhaps have doubted the validity of this interpretation. It must be added that few at that time were thinking that the end of the world might come soon. Many still naively bathed in the optimism and material 'progress' of the nineteenth century.

www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk...

Also the Elder Paisios born 1924 / passed away in 1994/ Elder Paisios of Mount Athos has told the same things that will happen.....
Unfortunately this page is in Greek/

users.forthnet.gr...

www2.cytanet.com.cy...

But I hope to find others in English//and will post them here//
helen....

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hmmm, I notice that he mentions "treacherous Turkey" being defeated. I can't help but take the entire prophecy with a pinch of salt, the Greeks have never really got on with the Turks and their inclusion seems to be for ostensibly simply having them as an enemy of Greece, what a surprise (oh, and the fact they've been conquered by Russia seems a bit bizarre since Russia never even managed it when they were an empire or a superpower).

I also don't see why Turkey's been described as treacherous since it appears that their only fault was to be conquered!

Just curious, but has this chap made any prophecies that have come true?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The Elder Joseph lives on Mount Athos(Only men are allowed there).....currently there are talks within the E.U ...to allow women

The prophecy about Constantinople been in the hand of Greeks again has been prophesied by Constantine Himself.......it is written on His Grave with other prophecies relating the end of times..

And Yes, there are various Saints who all come to the same conclusion about the war with Turkey and Russia....

The Bear.......is Russia.

Mantzouria ........Is actually spelled '''Manchuria'' which I just came across by reading some other info......it is in China...

Quote///that is because from the East, Korea, Mantzouria shall Japan and USA invade/ and march full speed towards Sibera/ while in the west front shall Germany be victorious/ and then shall it be impossible for Russia to hold/ and shall abandon the Straights/Turkey and Egypt.

The Monks at Mount Athos live without Technology as the rest of the world.....although there are talks about how Mount Athos should be run by outside influence......The Monks wont see to it.......

List of Saints that say the same...
St Kosmas O Aitolos....1714-1779..spoke of the Antichrist and the taking back of Constantinople.....
St Tarasiou......born in Constantinople died 806 A.D ....spoke of a war in Constantinople of where the people of no beleif will be (apolesthoun....dont have a meaning of the greek word...
There are many..........

www.belowtopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also I have included this before .....a number of prophecies to be fullfilled..
www.geocities.com...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Hehe, it is interesting how greeks still refuse to refer to Istanbul by its name, they still use the old name of the city, Constantinople.

This seem to be a greece-centered prophecy, understandable because the one who had the vision is greek orthodox.
The king chosen by the Lord will be greek, Greece will rise in all its glory, Turkey will be defeated... seems like it is about what they want to happen, and not a real prophecy.

Interesting nevertheless

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
This seem to be a greece-centered prophecy ...
The king chosen by the Lord will be greek,
Greece will rise in all its glory

That's what I thought. Very Greek centered but
of course .. it's from Greece!
Catholic prophecy
is Catholic centered. Protestant prophecy reflects
protestant theology. Indian prophecy reflects the
Indian way of seeing things.

I'm glad you posted it though. It's interesting.

Question - is this the Greek Orthodox church that the
prophecy is in? Just wondering. We are Catholic and
we were considering visiting the Greek Orthodox church
around the corner from our parish to worship there and
'see' how things are done. We also want to visit the
Russian Orthodox church. Right now we have one foot
in the Novus Ordo Catholic world and one foot in the
St. Pius X Traditional Catholic world.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi to all......

FlyersFan.......The Prophecies are actually on Saint Constantines tomb (the Great Constantine and His Mother Helen ...equal to the Apostle) of Whom The Roman Catholic Church recognise...as He lived before the great Schism East and West.

Others are St nilus ....St Hyppolitus of Rome who actually lived in Rome and also spoke of the same thing of Constantinople......YES I still do refer to Constantinople as Constantinople(although I was born in Australia ...my blood is Greek )

I dont think that the prophecy is actually ''Greek centered'' at all.......It speaks of other countries going to war....and of-course if the prophecy is related to Greece being in this war ..then indeed it will talk of Greece...

FlyersFan......Orthodoxy to many still seems ''old fashined'' and not modernized at all......Although I'm greek I tend to follow the Russian old calendar ......although Orthodoxy in Greece changed their calendar in 1926 or round about that time......Russia did not......and neither has the monks of Mount Athos........our Paschal calendar is still the same //Always celebrating Pascha(easter) after the Jewish Passover......when one starts making changes then alot more changes follow.....but I'm not going to get into that.

The prophecy speaks of a great King that will rise ...His name will start with I(Yiota)......IN GREEK and end with S(Sigma).........which could be Iouannis.....meaning JOHN.

Paperclip....you are Muslim?
Well I know that Islam also speaks of a prophecy about Constantinople.....I guess we will have to just wait and see.......
I also know that prophecy must be all true .....not a ''Hit and miss''

FlyersFan.....what do you mean is this the Greek Orthodox Church?
The Elder Joseph of Vatopedi is living in Mount Athos right now......

Take care........
There is alot of chanting in the Orthodox church.....the Russian is the same.....
helen..
Christ is Risen...Xristos Anesti

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

FlyersFan......Orthodoxy to many still seems ''old fashined'' and not modernized at all ... what do you mean by orthodox ?

No ... not old fashioned. Orthodox as in there is a Greek church that
goes by the name 'Greek Orthodox' and is recognized by the Roman
Catholic church as having apostolic succession. That is what I mean
by Greek Orthodox. I have seen their Mass on TV. They use Icons
instead of statues. It's VERY beautiful. And honestly ... I'm glad it
isn't 'modernized'. I was wondering if this prophecy was made
under that wing of Christianity.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

FlyersFan......Orthodoxy to many still seems ''old fashined'' and not modernized at all ... what do you mean by orthodox ?

No ... not old fashioned. Orthodox as in there is a Greek church that
goes by the name 'Greek Orthodox' and is recognized by the Roman
Catholic church as having apostolic succession. That is what I mean
by Greek Orthodox. I have seen their Mass on TV. They use Icons
instead of statues. It's VERY beautiful. And honestly ... I'm glad it
isn't 'modernized'. I was wondering if this prophecy was made
under that wing of Christianity.

Hope this helps///////////Greek was the first language of the ancient Christian Church from which the Faith was transmitted.
The New Testament was written in Greek and the early writings of Christ's followers were in the Greek language.
The word "Greek" is not used to describe just the Orthodox Christian peoples of Greece and other Greek speaking people.
Rather, it is used to describe the Christians who originated from the Greek speaking early Christian Church and which used Greek thought to find appropriate expressions of the Orthodox Faith.
"Orthodox" is also used to describe our Church. The word "Orthodox" is derived from two short Greek words, orthos, meaning correct, and doxa, meaning belief or glory.

Now.....the church is also called One Holy Catholic(meaning ..Universal ) and Apostolic Church.....
That is part of the Creed...I beleive in one God the Father Almighty ..maker of heaven and earth...etc....
In one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.........

Yes...There's a problem with what the Greek Orthodox will accept and what it wont.....
In order for the Two Churches to come together ......the Roman Catholic Church must go back to pre schism...1054.......this is where the problems started....although to be exact, it started around the 800 A.D mark.....over the Original Apostles Creed.....Rome changed it without authority of the other churches having any knowledge.......also the Creed was shortened and added ....amongst that there is also the infallibility of the Pope(being he holds the title ''head of the church'' which was not seen before the 1054 schism.....Pope meaning ''father'' and nothing more.....all Apostles were equal in authority ....also the dates of the calendar for celebrating Pascha(easter) were changed......and many more....
Once these are all in place as they were pre 1054 then the Eastern Orthodox church will welcome the Roman Church as ''first among equality....being that the Church is the first that was built in Rome.......and Constantinople being the SECOND Rome (Constantine moved it there )........sorry for all this ....
so after all that........
The Monk who spoke of this prophecy is Greek and Is Orthodox Christian ......

A Night in the desert of the Holy Mountain is a book which brings to light the quintessence of Orthodox spiritual life: the Jesus prayer or prayer of the heart and how it can be practised by both monks-nuns and lay people.........
This book is mainly how the monks live on the mountains in Mount Athos......speaks also of their spiritual life ...

www.pelagia.org...

Sorry if I've made a mess of things....

IX
helen

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
sorry in advance for me to bring science in here

from what i know in my own wors i'll try to explain it

time is like a waterfall

constant eg the water keeps falling

but in the same respect is'nt as its states can change

maybe ive just contradicted myself lol but to me as time is always changing phrophets are just guessing a possible timelines, yes im saying that it couls be possible to tell the future, but what future it is depends on weather time stays at the same frequency so to speak

so in conclusion i dont think this could be right and another note theres a lot of people out there happy with there lives as it is and dont need to turn to god to better themselves

turn to the darkside you know u want to lol -

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Helen670... Thanks for a very interesting post. I think all Christians realise that the time is approaching and the Bible is very clear on the facts of what will happen. The only thing the Bible does not give is exact time scales but there will be warning signs (which i believe has started)

I Thessalonians 5:4,9-10 "For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, that whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him."

Helen670 please correct me if im wrong but i believe that this is warning us that no one will know the exact date of the rapture, but to always be prepared. And i also believe that the reason we should not know, the date, is because otherwise we could see it as an excuse to behave badly until a certain time.

But the Bible does give us warning signs and maybe it is people such as Elder Joseph that helps us to better understand these signs, so that we may prepare.

So much Bible prophecy is now coming true and for people to ignore it is just crazy... time to wake up people...

It so easy for people to mock and laugh at religion but there is so much going on in the world that keeps my faith strong.

There is the story of Abigail Witchalls who was stabbed in the throat by man in Surrey, England. Her husband had to beg the hospital not to turn off her life support machine after the doctors pronounced her dead. The Doctor could not believe that she survived. Once they realised she was going to survive they announced that she would never regain any feelings in her limbs and would never talk again because of the damage to her spinal cord. Abigail is now talking and has regained feelings in her limbs. The reason she has given for her slow, but steady, recovery?? The power of Prayer and God.

news.independent.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Please take some time to have a read of this and then say a prayer for Abigal and her family.

Sorry for going off track a bit but i thought it may interest you

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
``

This guy (the Elder) you have acquainted us with sounds very similar
with a couple of other 'euro-centric' Seers, i've run into recently

I can't recall the Seers' name that I read up on (just about 6 months ago)
but he was called The Seer of {Bavaria? Warsaw? Poland? Prague?}
anyhow i Thought it was some eastern European place...

BUT, again i could be incorrect
because in my searching, i came across this Seer/prophet
Nicholass van Rensburg 1864-1926, the "Boer Prophet"

he was pretty famous for his forecasts of WWI & II etc
but not famous like MME. Blavatsky,
reading thru the excerpts & intros on those 'books-to-sell blurbs' leads me to believe that this is the guy i was looking for in the first place.!
vaandel.co.za...

He had covered some of the 700 'predictions' & also has the 'Gog-Magog' flavor
with Iran/Iraq/ that the Armageddon & end-times that at least
2 scriptures present

~~~~~~~~

it's always good to get more references and sources,
Thanks

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A Greek is claiming that a powerless and woefully incapable Greece will be the saving grace against such an onslaught. Obviously he was under the influence of some extremely mind-bending substance:

Then shall Greece neutral, and always disjustified/ her right will ask for/ and ready be/ without interfering.
Then will she talk when the Lord’s voice/from the heavens is head for her to be given her right. Then the nations will be slaughtering each other with great ferocity/ in the vicinity of the City for the straights.

Then shall Greece be awaked first with her army/ so that she will fulfil her holy purpose.
To conquer without fight, her holy places/ which her enemies had conquered, and all the world acknowledges.

Then shall the greek King, the chosen of the Lord/ which in everything shall be perfect and in the earth/ will rule with justice/ and the earth will take great delight in her constant peace.

I don't think the world today has to worry for many hundreds of years at the least.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The point I attempted to make earlier is that it is an extremely pro-Greek prophecy, it's focus on Istanbul/Constantinople, and defeating the treacherous Turks simply smacks of Jingoism. Most people know that Constantinople was was the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire before becoming the capital of Byzantium, Greece was a part of many states that made up the respective empires and the singling out Greece as somehow more "worthy" than any other sounds odd.

When you refer to Constantine, are you referring to the Emperor Constantine whose "conversion" to christianity (in the fusion of the Mithras Cult and Christian doctrine that is the root of church ceremonies , etc) made christianity the official state religion?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The point I attempted to make earlier is that it is an extremely pro-Greek prophecy, it's focus on Istanbul/Constantinople, and defeating the treacherous Turks simply smacks of Jingoism. Most people know that Constantinople was was the capital of the Eastern Roman Empire before becoming the capital of Byzantium, Greece was a part of many states that made up the respective empires and the singling out Greece as somehow more "worthy" than any other sounds odd.

There is a reason the prophecy is focused on Greece. First of all, the monk is Greek, and the text was writeen for a greek audience.
If you have noticed (and read about), there is a prophecy of Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser which predicts the great war and the victory of Germany in the western front of the war. Then, the venerable predicts that there will be a God-Annointed King, who will be of the descent of the French royal House, and will be an heir to the ancient German Roman Kings (Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation).
There are Russian prophecies that suggest the God-Annointed King will be of the descent of the Romanov's from his mother's lineage.

I believe this pretty much sums that every prophet views the God-annointed King as belonging to his nation.
In other words, the "greek" King might as well be the offspring of a great number of nations, if you understand what I mean.

A Greek is claiming that a powerless and woefully incapable Greece will be the saving grace against such an onslaught. Obviously he was under the influence of some extremely mind-bending substance:

I don't think the world today has to worry for many hundreds of years at the least.

Actually, the prophecy suggests Turkey will switch teams and doublecross her allies in the West, I hope the translation was satisfactory enough to make that sentence clear.
As for Greece remaining neutral, isn't it clear: if a war between Russia & Nato took place, and Russia devastated Turkey, Greece would be more than grateful than to attack Russia. Not to mention our army forces actually compel us not to take part in any massive war, unless we want to suffer great casualties.
As for the Constantinople-Instambul part, it has been our desire to claim these lands back to Hellenism ever since we became an independent nation (1830). It is clear that if Turkey ever suffers great blows, we would be the first to mobilise to claim the lands.

The prophecy is not as greek centered, as it is orthodox centered.

from what i know in my own wors i'll try to explain it

time is like a waterfall

constant eg the water keeps falling

but in the same respect is'nt as its states can change

I kinda liked what you said here. It is reasonable. But there is something weird, I do not know if you have heard of it: there are certain places on the planet where time is moving *slower*. Although incredible, it is happening:

english.pravda.ru...

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic, but since the Greeks seem to want to reclaim Istambul/Constantinople, (and the impression I get is that the opinion of Greeks is very much along these lines), and feel entitled to it.

But the fact is that it was the Capital of the Eastern Roman Empire, and then Byzantium. Not Greece. If the Greeks are entitled to that land, then wouldn't it make sense to say that so is everyone who came before, and after them? Constantinople was created as the capital (and when it was made capital of the Eastern Empire it was called New Rome) of an empire that looked like this:

In the terms of prophesy and future wars, the book called "Tale of the Next Great War 1871-1914" presents a number of stories written before the advent of modern warfare. Many of the ideas are spookily accurate and could almost be seen as prophecies in themselves.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I understand what you mean DenyAllKnowledge. You are missing a vital piece of information though that only people acquainted to a very large extent with greek history are familiar with.
The current state of Greece, is not what you would call a state inhabitted by Greeks. As a nation, we are a lot closer to oyr Byzantine identity, than our ancient Greek one. I hope you can understand what I mean:

In the ancient times, there were many different greek and non-greek tribes inhabitting the region. The greek ones were prevalent in the region the current Greece holds, and in the Minor Asian lands close to the Aegean. The rest regions were inhabitted by non-greek tribes, which were rather "converted" to Hellenism later: the Thracians, the people of Pontus, the Cappadocians.

The nation as it is now is what you would call "the Orthodox nation" and not
"the greek nation". There are an awful lot of Greeks that left Pontus, Cappadocia and the Aegean part of Minor Asia during the destruction of Smyrna in 1922, who refer to themselves as "Byzantine Greeks".

The name Greece is rather referring to geography rather than national identity. Our national identity is Byzantine, we feel all those 1100 years that forged the Eastern Empire are our history, and would definitely love to see our mighty past empire being re-forged with it's center in Constantinople. You may want to search on the "Megali Idea" issues of modern Greece of 1900+ (which ended in 1922 dreadfully), as it clearly describes what the Greek nation of the new state is.

This does not mean we are not descendants of the ancient Greeks. It is just that 2000 years of Christianity took their toll on our Hellenity and we are now a mixture of the ancient Hellenism and Orthodox Christianity.

I'm pretty sure however, you can understand what I mean about the mixture by looking at the ancient Romans and the current State of Italy: It is a mixture of ancient Rome & Catholocism.

If the Greeks are entitled to that land, then wouldn't it make sense to say that so is everyone who came before, and after them?

Before the Greeks the land was uninhabitted, when the Spartans first came to Constantinople (I prefer Constantinople, rather than the turkish "In-stam-bul", which is also greek, bu heh...) they found a colony by the name Byzantium, then Byzantium became Constantinople, and became the capital of the soon-to-be Byzantium, after the fall of the Byzantine Empire (1453) it came to the Turks. The only two people who can claim Constantinople are the Greeks and the Turks (and perhaps you would like to add the Romans who are ethnically Italians now and don't really care about the City).

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Cheers for not "talking down" to me

Just to let you know I do have a pretty extensive education in Classical cultures etc, since I studied it at university and also since leaving. Unfortunately recorded history is itself only part of the truth (a prime example is the Greek opinion of the "barbarian" Persians) as history is always recoreded and in many cases re-written by the victors who, let's be honest, "big themselves up" quite a bit. I hasten to add that this does in no way dismiss or belittle the achivements made by the victorious culture.

In terms of Greek National Identity, I can only go on experience of people I have met and some very close friends that I have known for many, many years. The impression I have had is that they have a very, very great pride in thier nation. This is no bad thing. But I've never recognised it as a Byzantine identity, but I have now been made aware of this. Thanks for that info

I understand that the population of modern Greece is a result of a mixture of various different cultures and peoples (as are all nations!), And is even more diverse when you consider the vast numbers of foreign soldiers and mercenaries that served in the Byzantine armies and eventually settled on greek land.

I can't think of sources at the moment but I'm pretty sure that there have been discoveries of pre-Hellenic sites in the area around Istambul/Constantinople and all along the respective coastlines.

Apologies for wandering off topic, but it's nice to actually have an informed discussion about history every now and then (needless to say, it bores the socks off my other half!)

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum