It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

insurgents sniper training going online.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

of course the tactics provided is nothing new except to those who just learning how to snipe. u must always target the leaders since it decapitates the unit that the person commands. of course its temporarily. of course whoever provided the advice that special forces have Rambo complex and are stupid is providing very bad advice. special forces members are not stupid, in fact many of them have college degrees. also they are not arrogant, they have confidence and are aggressive in achieving their objectives that the missions sent to them. whoever sent this advice it the one who is pretty dumb since he assumes that the special forces are pretty stupid. u must never assume the enemy is stupid. the reason the person is talking about the special forces is because they are considered more threatening than conventional forces because they are aggressive and use tactics similar to the insurgents against them. and the Rambo complex, i dont see special forces member firing m60 machine guns leaning on their hips or having long black hair and wear no shirts and show off their muscles and scars on their backs and chests. nor do i see them carry custom made bows with explosive tip arrowheads. whoever provided this advice is the one who is stupid.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
jeeze man where do you find this stuff? what a great read lol, can you believe they are learning sniping skills online! think it takes alot more than a simulation to teach those skills!! and the "RAMBO" complex thing! i guess these guys are still stuck in the 80's

Anyway you need natural skills to become a sniper, not everyone can do it!also big hands help

anyway another great post deltaboy

[edit on 18/5/05 by jayce]

[edit on 18/5/05 by jayce]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You need big hands? Had no idea that was a precursor to being a good sniper. You learn something new everyday. I better take some of those pills that make your hands grow bigger, there supposed to work for other bodyparts too.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
yeah man, big hands help loads as you get better support of the weapon, not a sniper myself but have talked to a few and they all say it helps...

steady weapon, steady breathing.. complete muscle control open eyes lol all help...

if you have any of those pills spare you wanna send me some

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jayce

Im going to go out on a limb here and guess the people you talked to have big hands and are most likely biased.. you dont need big hands to shoot good....

As far as the article, its possible combined with a FPS online game, they wont be real snipers with real training and years of work , but you can learn a thing or two.. enough to kill anyway.

as far as shooting though, you either suck or ya dont, no guide or game can teach ya that part..

[edit on 18-5-2005 by C0le]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
good point i have edited my post to reflect what you say, they did actual say it helps however my wording was incorrect as it says you need! apologises but like i said it is now amended

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I can see how having big hands might help a little with your trigger squeeze, like when righties pull to the right.

as far as shooting though, you either suck or ya dont, no guide or game can teach ya that part..

Yeah that's true. I know people who have never shot a weapon in their life and end up shooting high expert. I aslo know people who think they can shoot cause they've been shooting thier whole life and up sucking really bad with a low score......of course training always helps.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
[edit on 18-5-2005 by C0le]

I wouldn't say that now cole. I have taken people who never shot a weapon before to bulling at 30 meters with 9's and .40cals within an hour, .45 acp - forget about it. Also jugs with tactical 12 at 100 yards, stationary. Any training where you are not physically using the weapon is a joke. Just give him a wood gun and say here practice - lol.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

bulling at 30 meters

Still people either suck or they don't......I think people are naturally born to shoot and others are not. It just takes a good coach and couple hundred rounds to bring the skill out of people.....sounds like you might be a good coach

not physically using the weapon is a joke

Good point, while the internet and books can teach you the basic fundamentals of shooting they cannot make the adjustments for you and show you what you need do better...that's where a good coach comes to play. Compensation for Windage, distance, glare...all factors that get better with actual expierience.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah this is odd, for me aiming has always been simple, but for some people they have this odd thing about aiming correctly. Such as, looking down the side of the sight, or using elevation wrong. Some people use a left eye but right handed, which actually works for some. After correcting initial improper holding and aiming technique anyone can shoot. I have even taken the most timid of women and had them bulling. That first round that goes off, though, is always hilarious.

top topics

join