It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons - Is It For Me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sth Hemisphere
1 question do you have to know a member before joining or can you just go to a Lodge & ask to join ?? as i have been interested in joining

Although the practice differs a bit in other countries, typically in the United States we do not solicit membership. You must ask a Mason to join.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Axeman - I'd love to post my medical records and the personal details of ALL of those involved in my personal abuses spanning nearly 4 years but it would most likely get pulled although I do believe I have made it clear that one of the companies I worked at (CyberNet) was actually apprehended in November last year for massive fraud and a slew of other charges.
I guess that as each crooked Mason CEO that I have worked for blows their brains out then I can post further details on the web as it becomes "public knowledge."

We'll wait and see shall we?

Anyway why are you so enamoured with Freemasonry anyway?
Most if not all normal people either know nothing about them or suspect they are up to something.
The only people in my experience who will say a good word for them are themselves (while denying any affiliation of course....much like you do.)

Oh yes I'm *sure* the Freemasons will be more than willing to deal with my case in the open and honest manner that any secret society would.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
The only people in my experience who will say a good word for them are themselves (while denying any affiliation of course....much like you do.)

There you go accusing people of being Freemasons again! Why are you so obsessed with our fraternity!?!?!? Just because someone has good things to say about the Craft does not mean that they are Freemasons. You need to get over these feelings of persecution that you are having... they are not healthy. Freemasons are not out to get you.

SO WHAT if you were rejected by a lodge of masons? WHO CARES. You don't have to lie about us just because you are bitter that you were not able to become a mason. Just get on with your life, Freemasonry is not for you anyways.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sth Hemisphere
1 question do you have to know a member before joining or can you just go to a Lodge & ask to join ?? as i have been interested in joining

No, you do not need to know anybody before joining. I knew absolutely nobody when I petitioned. On your petition, however, you WILL need to have two members, of the lodge to which you are petitioning, sign your petition and "sponsor" you. In order to do this, you will have to call your lodge and ask for a day in which you can visit to get a tour, ask some questions and meet some of the brethren. When you ask for a petition, tell them that you do not know any masons. The Master and secretary of the lodge will usually sign your petition in that case.

And do not feel stupid approaching a lodge on your own. I got MUCH respect from the brothers at the lodge because I had been bold enough to approach a group of men that I did not know and ask to join their organization. They really respected me for it and told me so!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The "tireless" effort that these fraternal brothers are showing in this
thread speaks for itself. Patience in conjunction with judiciously protecting
the "order" in which they so believe in. Gets my respect....hands down....

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
MrNecros

Assuming what you have posted happened to you, I am TRULY SORRY.

I have been involve in masonry for almost 29 years. I am familiar enough with masons in 5 other states (US), an 2 other countries, as well as my own, to state unequivocaly that what you describe would not only be forbidden, but reported to the police by any and every mason with knowledge of those events. From what you have stated these events are against the law as well as agains the teaching of masonry.

As for people speaking well of masonry, and not being a member of the lodge. Well, growing up I noticed that most every "man of will" in our comminity was a mason. They ran the spectrum of ocupation, from my peditriciton, to my dentist, to my father's lawyer, many of the merchants in town, most of the vestry at church, my scout leader. It did not take me long to realize the commin thread, from the lapel pins, the rings etc. I decided that there was "something" they all had in commin, as a kid I didn't know just what it was but I did realize that I wanted to be a member of the group that these "GOOD" men were involved wth. By the way my father was not a mason, but most of the men that he respected in town were, as was his father.

As I grew up I found that while not all "good men" were masons, just about all of the masons I did come in contact with we all "men of good will". This represented living in four states and in towns that varied in size from 125,000 to one of this countries larges metropolitin areas. I have personally witnessed men of very different social strat accept each other as equales. How could I have formed less than a possative openion of masonry? I can accept that there are non-masons with a possitave openion of Free Masonry, as I was one. As were we all, else we would never hav join the lodge in the first place.

Since joining the lodge, I have never had reason to regret it. I have never been ashamed to acknowledge my masonic membership. I would love to see both my sons decide to join the lodge.

Yes, I have met less than honerable masons (two). One was expeled, the other I have no further knowlege of. But that is much odds better than any other orgisation I have been a member of considering how many masons I know. (at least a coule of thousand, at a guess)

We are tought to try and accept a man at his word, but we also are tought to balance the word with what we know to be true. From your repeated posts I will admitt I am at a loss as to what possable motives you could have in continuing to state them.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Axeman - I'd love to post my medical records and the personal details of ALL of those involved in my personal abuses spanning nearly 4 years but it would most likely get pulled although I do believe I have made it clear that one of the companies I worked at (CyberNet) was actually apprehended in November last year for massive fraud and a slew of other charges.
I guess that as each crooked Mason CEO that I have worked for blows their brains out then I can post further details on the web as it becomes "public knowledge."

No one is saying that you should post such records or whatever in an open public forum. But when you say Masons did this or that, and then Masons here say "That's not right; let us know who did these things and we will look into it.", perhaps you should take them up on the offer? Names and Lodge# would be sufficient, but again, you can't produce these, because you are LYING!

We'll wait and see shall we?

Yes we will.

Anyway why are you so enamoured with Freemasonry anyway?

Not that it is your business, but my mood is in reference to a certain lady that has come into my life recently... *waves @ certain lady*

Most if not all normal people either know nothing about them or suspect they are up to something.

I partly disagree. Alot of people don't have much if any knowledge of Freemasonry, but those who do tend to hold the fraternity in high regard.

I am not a Mason... yet. Why is this so hard for you to believe?

Oh yes I'm *sure* the Freemasons will be more than willing to deal with my case in the open and honest manner that any secret society would.

I have no reason to believe they wouldn't.

indeed.

[edit on 5/21/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Student
From your repeated posts I will admitt I am at a loss as to what possable motives you could have in continuing to state them.

I have often wondered this myself, and have come to two conclusions:

1. MrNECROS truly believes what he says. He truly believes that he has been kidnapped and drugged by masons and forced to watch rituals (which we oddly keep private from non-masons :@@
, and now he is being persecuted by them at all sides. This is why he claims we go through his trash, blow up his toilet, and feed his dog laxatives. This would also explain why he accuses SO MANY PEOPLE in his life of being masons. He has told us that he KNOWS all of his male family members are masons, but they are lying to him and denying it. In this case, it is painfully obvious that he is suffering from paranoia and thoughts of persecution, much like a coc aine or methamphetamine user experiences. If this is the case, he needs help. He cannot keep living his life being afraid of a few charitable men.

2. This is the more likely explanation, which several members here tend to believe. MrNECROS petitioned to join a lodge and, after interviewing him, they blackballed him. Now MrNECROS has a bone to pick with ALL masons because he is bitter that a few rejected him. Therefore, he now lies at every turn about Freemasons, in order to try and make us look as bad as possible. I believe this over all else because he seems to know much about Freemasonry, and probably learned most of it while trying to become a mason. The ironic thing about it is that he blames masons for his rejection, while he should be blaming himself.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lashlarue

I believe that this quote has to be one of the best I have ever read. It is true in every sense. They too also are given my full respect.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final

Originally posted by lashlarue

I believe that this quote has to be one of the best I have ever read. It is true in every sense. They too also are given my full respect.

Gee whiz, guys! You're too generous, really!

It IS a thankless job, actually, but I (and I'm sure I speak for everyone else) believe in what I am doing and feel it's what needs to be done to finally clear up the rumors, at least among the few people we can reach. Thanks for the support, we can always use help from clear-thinking individuals like you.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
"To be one ask one" is as far as most Masonic Lodges will go as far as recruiting - I guess the same goes true if you want the straight skinny.

Listen to the previous posts - with the exception of Mr Necros (more on him later) they have all been similiar to my experiences.

I've been lightly involved in the Masons since I got my third degree in 1997. Like you I was curious and wanted to see what it was about, and figured that the best way was to see for myself. I haven't been displeased.

In a possible effort to possibly advocate some of Mr. Necros' claims, I would point out that while he did mention that he knows freemasonry from personal experience, he doesn't mention which lodge.

It is possible that his experiences are from a 'Masonic' organization, but not from one accepted by the US Grand Lodge.

Most Masonic Lodges in the US stem from the two traditional paths of the Grand Lodge of England (three if you include Prince Hall): The Free and Accepted Masons ( F & A M ) and the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons ( A F & A M ).

While these are the MAIN bodies accepted by the US Grand Lodge, and comprising most of the millions of Masons out there, there are other psuedo-masonic bodies which may or may not have been associated with the organization, whose rites may be questionable to you.

The Ordo Templi Orientalis and Order of the Golden Dawn are a couple which come to mind - there are numerous others.

Cug

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My turn to jump in

I really don't think anyone would confuse the O.T.O. or the G.D. with Masonry. The most obvious thing that would stand out is unlike masonry females can join both orders.

And the things he claims the masons did, Well it's just as unlikely that the O.T.O., or G.D. would do stuff like that.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Cug:

93 bro!

I wasn't actually saying that the GD or OTO were masonic or did the things which Necros was implying.

I was merely saying that the GD and OTO are 'pseudo-masonic' and, at one time, were loosely associated with the order:

www.geocities.com...
www.hermeticgoldendawn.org...

And there are Masonic organizations which allow women, such as the Eastern Order of International Co-Freemasonry, which started in France in the 19th Century:
www.comasonic.net...

What I was saying is that besides 'legitimate' freemasony, you have other groups which use the title and symbology of the masons but aren't actually affiliated with the organization.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join