It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons - Is It For Me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm slowly researching Masons on my free time (which isn't alot). So in order to speed up the process I'd like to ask any Masons on this board some questions:

what I can expect upon joining?
what is the benefit of joining?
will I freely be able to express my religion?
will I try and be converted to another religion?
why are some people so bent on blemishing the name of masons?
does it cost money?
how much time does it (usually) take per week?
if I want out, am I free to go or will I be pressured to stay?

I'm trying to keep open eyes and open ears to everything being said, so please no flaming masons, professional conversation wanted only.

Greatly appreciated!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
I'm slowly researching Masons on my free time (which isn't alot). So in order to speed up the process I'd like to ask any Masons on this board some questions:

Membership in the world's oldest continuous fraternal society. The benefits are many if you're willing to put time and effort into Freemasonry.
(You get out of it what you put into it)
If you're not, you can remain a member and not benefit at all.

Masonry is not a religion. We require that our members believe in a Supreme Being, the Creator and Sustainer of all. Beyond that, what you believe about the Supreme Creator is your business. Religion (like politics) is NOT discussed in the Lodge.

Many ignorant people tend to look unfavorably upon things they do not and cannot understand. Some religious fanatics hate Masonry because it's not specifically Christian, but will allow men of ALL faiths to join.

does it cost money?

Yes. There is an initiation fee and annual dues. If I recall correctly the initiation fee in my home state is around $100.00. After that my annual dues are 36.00 Pretty cheap.

Depends on how much time you WANT to put into it. My Lodge meets every other week (meetings range from 1 hour to 3 hours...just depends) If you join, are initiated and keep your dues current and choose NOT to attend meetings or events, it will take NO time out of your week. Entirely up to you.

if I want out, am I free to go

Certainly. We call this "demitting" If you're dues are currently up-to-date and you wish to leave, request a demit and you're out on good terms. Should time go by and you want back in, you may petition for reinstatement and the Lodge will vote whether or not to let you back in.

Should you simply decide to stop paying annual dues, you'll eventually be expelled (that's leaving on bad terms) It's possible to be reinstated after expulsion for non-payment of dues (NPD) as well though. Again, it takes a vote of the Lodge.

I'm trying to keep open eyes and open ears to everything being said, so please no flaming masons, professional conversation wanted only.
Greatly appreciated!
Feel free to U2U me if you'd like to know more.

Regards

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
[what I can expect upon joining?]
You will be repeatedly drugged without your knowledge and have everything aound you appear to be falling into a complete mess then you will be "saved" by your fellowship after you have taken the first degree.
Thiings willl coincidentally get better for you as your thought processes move closer and closer to the "Group Thought" collective thinking model of the cult.
Once the senior members have enough dirt and or other methods of control over you available you will finally be offered the 3rd degree.

[what is the benefit of joining?]
You can spend a few years running around bullying and harassing complete strangers and old friends whilst remaining protected from any like retaliation.
You will think this is great fun, but bear in mind the cult is a revolving door and more than likely you will one day be on the end of the same.

[will I freely be able to express my religion?]
Yes, you can believe whatever nonsense you want as long as you do as you're told.

[will I try and be converted to another religion?]
Only if you are selected to join a higher lodge, otherwise you will be free to blunder about in your own stupid religion as you so deserve.

[why are some people so bent on blemishing the name of masons?]
Could be because this is without doubt one of the most evil and underhanded organisations of the planet. I know so from 4 years of first hand experience.

[does it cost money?]
Very little cash but it will cost you just about everything else in the long run.

[how much time does it (usually) take per week?]
As much time as you can give...but the real pleasure is in giving so you will want to give all you can.

[if I want out, am I free to go or will I be pressured to stay?]
You can never really leave, you even have to swear an oath to do that and you WILL be held to it and monitored constantly without the protection and favoritism you were afforded in the cult, so why bother?
Most people are kicked out eventually, quietly or otherwise.

There I hope that clears it all up for you.

See you at the Temple next Sunday?
;-)

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Linux,

I guess it's pretty apparent the MrNecros is a bitter enemy of Freemasonry. To that end he spreads lies, calls members of the Fraternity "pathalogical liars" and makes up really far-out claims that no one with 1/2 a brain would believe.

Please pity MrNecros. He obviously has some serious problems.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
MrNECROS has never know any Freemasons, nor does he know the slightest thinng about the farternity. He attempted to join and was rejected, and because this he now has a bone to pick with all Freemasons in general. This is why he makes up such outrageous lies about the fraternity. The fact of the matter is that Necros is a highly disturbed individual, who really doesn't deserve our pity.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS

;-)

Wow!

[edit on 20-5-2005 by mrfixit]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

[why are some people so bent on blemishing the name of masons?]
Could be because this is without doubt one of the most evil and underhanded organisations of the planet. I know so from 4 years of first hand experience.

Why is MrNECROS trolling?? He answered every one of the questions that were asked. According to him he has four years of first hand experience. Sounds to me like a person someone might want to listen to, not someone to be villified.

Peace

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Why is MrNECROS trolling?? He answered every one of the questions that were asked. According to him he has four years of first hand experience. Sounds to me like a person someone might want to listen to, not someone to be villified.

Dr Love,

If you TRULY believe what he is saying, then perhaps he finally has someone to listen to him. Those of us who KNOW better. Those of us who ACTUALLY ARE Masons (me with SIXTEEN years personal experience, and numerous other Masons on the list) will continue to refute his pack of pathetic lies.

He lacks attention so he lies about Freemasonry. I, for one, won't sit idly by and be lied about.

If you like lies....MrNecros is your man!

Regards,

[edit on 20-5-2005 by senrak]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Look at his replies to the questions, and THEN tell us he's not trolling! He is obviously sayinng those things to get a reaction out of the masons on this forum, and not because he has 4 years of first-hand experience, He has NO years of such experience, it's very obvious by the lies he fabricates! NOTHING he has ever said is even remotely believable.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

*SNIP*

There I hope that clears it all up for you.

See you at the Temple next Sunday?
;-)

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Why is this man still allowed to post here? This is the question I pose to the mods. Everyone here knows that this "information" is KNOWINGLY FALSE, MISLEADING, and INACCURATE.

Not to mention the fact that he attacks Masons on this board both generally and personally with little or no consequences for his actions.

Mr. Necros, you make me sick, dude.

Consider this a formal request to the mods in this forum to take action against Mr. Necros for his blatant disregard for the T&C of this site. He has been doing it and getting away with it for FAR too long.

[edit on 5/20/05 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I had a feeling that would happend...

Thanks for all the postive feedback, I just checked the thread tonight and for the most part it's all useful information. Anyways thanks for information, I have no family/friends that are part of the Masons or else I would have asked them.

What kind of things can I expect as a member of the 1st degree?

Can I attend multiple lodges? or am I fixed in the lodge I first signed up to?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What kind of things can I expect as a member of the 1st degree?

Masonic initiation is divided up into three degrees for convenience, as well as the tradition of the operative Craft. This differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and I'm not sure where you're from, but in most of the US, a man is a First degree Entered Apprentice for about 4 weeks. During this time, he is assigned a coach, who teaches him about the ceremony of initiation he has undergone, and about the Fraternity in general. After about 4 weeks, he is then initiated into the Second Degree, and then continues learning with his coach. After 4 more weeks, he then becomes a Master Mason, and a full member of the Fraternity.

As an Entered Apprentice, your duties will be to meet with your coach on a regular basis to prepare you for the Second Degree. It is common for coaches to take the new Apprentice visiting to other Lodges, so he watch the conferral of the First Degree on other Candidates.

Can I attend multiple lodges? or am I fixed in the lodge I first signed up to?

As a Master Mason in good standing, you may visit any regular Lodge in the world, as often as you'd like. Some states also allow you to join multiple Lodges. For example, I myself am a member of two Lodges, and visit neighboring ones frequently.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What are some of the reqs. for becoming a Mason? Such as the age that you have to be in order to join? To be honest I thought at Necro was just joking about what he was saying, but going back and reading some of his other stuff I can clearly tell that he is anti-freemasonry and an ADMIN should be informed on his actions that break the Terms and Conditions of posting on ATS.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Why is this man still allowed to post here? This is the question I pose to the mods. Everyone here knows that this "information" is KNOWINGLY FALSE, MISLEADING, and INACCURATE.

Not to mention the fact that he attacks Masons on this board both generally and personally with little or no consequences for his actions.

Consider this a formal request to the mods in this forum to take action against Mr. Necros for his blatant disregard for the T&C of this site. He has been doing it and getting away with it for FAR too long.

I agree, YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. Aside from continually abusing the members here, MrNecros PURPOSELY, routinely posts false information on these forums. There is no place for that in a forum who's members are on a search for truth. He has routinely abused the priviledges afforded to him by the owners of this forum, even after being warned several times. I don't believe that he deserves this priviledge any longer.

MrNecros has no interest in helping himself or others on this forum find learn the truth as to the various subjects posted about here. He only seeks to mislead, misinform and denigrate. His attitude and behavior is not condusive to our goals on thos forum.

I also call on the moderators to finally suspend MrNecros posting priviledges, seeing as how he cannot play by the rules, even after repeated warnings.

[edit on 20-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I will answer with my personal experience.
You will go through an Initiation , bit wierd but everyone of the worlds freemasons have been through exactly the same.

Friendship , you will meet some fine people .expanding your knoelwedge of others and a sense of belonging.

Yes of course. Every Grand lodge in the world states clearly that there is no restriction on your Religious convictions.

No one has ever asked me to change or alter my religion, I have been a mason for 20 years now.

For the same reason some people hate, Masons, Politicians, Policemen etc there seems to be a need to create a campaign of de valuation, why this is a mystery to most Freemasons.

does it cost money?
Costs me about £ 4 per week

if I want out, am I free to go or will I be pressured to stay?

If you wish to leave you just file a demit letter , thats all. its not the CIA or the FBI. You just say I want out.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To The_Final

The requirements to apply to join the masonic lodge are very simple.

A sincere desire to learn about masonry and to improvee yourself.

A belief in a supreme being.

Being a man of lawful age, (varies from local to local) usully 21.

Ask around among your friends and aquaitnaces you probably already know a mason.

Then ask about joining.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have not broken any terms and conditions - everything I have posted is true.
Deal with it OK.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Deal with it OK.

Either you are lying, or millions of men worldwide are. I wonder who has more credibility, and who simply has a bone to pick with an organization that rejected him...? NOTHING YOU HAVE CLAIMED REGARDING FREEMASONRY IS TRUE. You purposely, constantly post misleading information regarding the fraternity. That means that you HAVE broken the Terms and Conditions... many times.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Deal with it OK.

We'll see about that. You know as well as I do that your posts are flat-out lies.

I'm sick of you posting your crap here, personally, and I intend to at least make a concerted effort to "deal with it".

If it is true then you would have "dealt with it" already. There have been several offers from Masons on this very board to look into your claims and bring Masonic charges against those who *supposely* wronged you, but you refuse pony up the info. Why? Because you CAN'T because you are LYING. Period.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
1 question do you have to know a member before joining or can you just go to a Lodge & ask to join ?? as i have been interested in joining

top topics

<<   2 >>

join