It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Jakko
1. There HAVE to be aliens because there are so many planets...
Do we know how life on earth started and what chance there is that life starts on a planet similar to earth in general?
Do we know how big the universe is?
Unless we know how WE came to be, we can not make one sensable comment about what chance there is that somehow somewhere something similar happened.
2. "They" HAVE to be more advanced than we are...
Is it not possible that life in other parts of the universe may actually be way less advanced than we are?
On earth there is only one intelligent specie around, humans.
Out of the many many many different kinds of species, only ONE can actually develop technology, feel emotions, etc.
Now how big exactly would the chance be that other planets only have "animal-like" species on them?
Bigger than the chance that they are so way way more advanced than we are, if you ask me.
3. They don't want open communication with us, they want to remain hidden...
So they only use their superduper turbo technology to come and have a quick look and fly back -all stealthed- and talk about us with eachother?
Sounds like we're part of a zoo or something...
To me it seems the folks who "want" to believe in aliens blindly assume the following things;
1. They assume that there HAVE to be other planets with life on them, simply because there are so many of em we can't see.
2. They assume the life on the other planet is more intelligent, more sophisticated than the most intelligent specie on earth, humans.
3. They assume the life on the other planet does not want to reveal themselves to us, but merely flash around in their speedy vehicles, making some of us look like fools when we show our photos to the world.