It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Can Prove or Disprove The Message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I got some news that told me Russian Soldier ever abduct a F-111 in Vietnam in 60'. But I couldn't get any evidences to force myself bilieve it. Have anyone here could help me?Could you have any matirial which is similiar to it above?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
huh??!!

Can't uderstand you..

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think that what is being asked is if anyone can verify a claim that a Russian soldier had or stole an F-111 in Vietnam in 1960's? Don't know, but if memory serves me right, I think the F-111 came about at the end of 1960 - maybe '67 0r '68.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Flying a F-111 is not something you can do like stealing a bike.

You mention, he is a soldier....thus dragging it is impossible....he must have flown it away.....but that is hard as well even if he is a trained pilot.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think that it means that some soviet soldier told him, that soviet army stole some F-111 in Vietnam.

I have evidence and material about F-4 Phantom and F-5 Tiger stolen and tested in Soviet union, also some info about iranian F-14, but not about F-111.

First F-111 prototype flew 21. 12. 1964 and weapon system was accepted in 1967.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
maybe he means a downed f-111? i think thats certainly possible. 15 F-111's were downed due to enemy fire or malfunction by '69 alone.

-koji K.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Is it possible that F-111 was shoted down but not crashed, the secret agent from KGB carried it back Suviet by ship? I mean the F-111 do mission without convoy so was forced landing at a place which was controled by North Vietnam

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by matej
I think that it means that some soviet soldier told him, that soviet army stole some F-111 in Vietnam.

I have evidence and material about F-4 Phantom and F-5 Tiger stolen and tested in Soviet union, also some info about iranian F-14, but not about F-111.

Can you provide some more info on the stolen/tested stuff? I'm very interested in this sort of thing.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I just want to bump this because I'm very interested.

Do the mods mind the odd bump every now and again?

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I am sorry I also have no more information so I type Both PROVE And DISPROVE.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As said it is hard to prove but the F111's lost in Vietnam were often claimed to be the source of Russian swing-wing expertise apparent on aircraft like the Su 24 Fencer etc.

(but then just like happens today with the Chinese there was/is a habit amongst certain 'western' - ie mostly American - commentators to deride Russia - hell, anyone else's - hi-tech expertise as a copy of what they have or their tech somehow stolen.)

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Originally posted by matej

Can you provide some more info on the stolen/tested stuff? I'm very interested in this sort of thing.

Just a few information, because it is lot material to translate

Soviets had from Vietnam:

one F-5E with two additional engines and technical documentation
-tested mainly by A. S. Bezevec
-when moved to Soviet Union by ship, vietnam soldiers welded [!!!!] wintips, because they were to large. Hardly, but it was repaired.
-flown dogfights against MiG-21SM and MiG-23M

one A-37B with equipment and technical documentation
-tested by O. N. Muchin
-some experience used in improvements and development of Su-25

one CH-47
-compared to Mi-17

one UH-1
-compared to Mi-17

It was planned also to move one AC-119, but it was too big, so only weapons were removed and tested.

All planes were tested from 1976 at Tschkalovskaya test site near Moscow and flown at Aktubinsk polygon in Astrachanya. Tests were headed by V. M. Tsumbarov and ended at early 1977. A-37B was moved to OKB Sukhoi.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This has alreaddy been touched upon in the following threads

Western Aircraft in Soviet's Inventory
(which refers to an F-111 escape capsules)

US F-14 in Russia and other captured 'enemy' aircrafts!

[edit on 25-5-2005 by Popeye]

new topics

top topics

join