It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth a planet that aliens fear?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have a great clipping from 1997 when one of the first asteroids was fated to hit Earth, and didn't. Here are the reasons, I think they're applicable for why the Aliens should fear us:

Dinosaurs were more fun to make extinct
Healthier to collide with a nonsmoking planet
Six points on an asteroid's drivers license
Woried about being subpoenaed by the independent counsel
Doesn't know, can't commit to anything lately, is considering therapy
Felt humans had a negative attitude toward visit
Jury Duty
No desire to spend the rest of its days in the lobby of the Natural History Museum
Human race will destroy the planet anyway

Suffice to say, maybe. Although, odds are if they came this far and survived, they wouldn't be scared, just tired.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticniall

Originally posted by Trustnone
...anyway i think aliens would be very interested in coming here when you take into account that most planets are inhospitable than earth is defineatly outside the norm.

This is a pretty bold statement....how do you know what most planets are? We have only discovered a fraction of planets, the universe is huge, there are more than billions of planets out there in our galaxy alone.
Odds are that there are millions of inhabitable planets out there.

I agree with you, but how do you know there are billions of planets out there?

Technically you ASSUME there are billions. Just like how I assume there are aliens already on Earth, studying us. We're a giant ant farm.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
With respect to the question on how an alien species might find Earth.

Two theories that seem to make quite a bit of sense.

1: There was the idea that when nukes were first ebing tested and used, they could have been detected. Though this would be long after many of the anchient civilization debates.

2: This is probally the most compeling one to me. The Betty Hill star map. It showed stars connected. The stars were discovered years later, and just happened to be very similar to our sun.

Now as for fearing us. They would have to have a similar part of the brain which controls instictive fear. I just saw a show on discovery channel on sleep paralysis. It stated there was an area in opur brains that interprets our instinctive fear. Perhaps they don't have the physical capability to "fear".

Assuming they do, the only reason the could have to fear us is the fact that we are very aggressive species and willingly destroy our own species and planet, also we're only a few generations away from entering "outer space" permanently.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Back to the original post-

You are thinking with a distinctly "earth-based" (it's really all we have) view. Perhaps in the alien's evolutionary past bright colors symbolized fecundity and fertility?

Also, all new research i've seen suggests not planetary travel, but dimensional travel. I have heard the interesting threory that ET's are possibly our genetic "grand-children" who, in the distant future, have mastered time/dimensional travel. This would explain alot of secrecy as they would most likely not want to disturb whatever time/path/trail/line we are on.

Interesting side note: There have been some very interesting studies with the psychedelic '___' where users report a definite alien presence, and the feeling that they are transcending time/dimensions. I will look for a link to post.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hope I'm not wearing the propelled questionaires'out. But really there are questions and there is research and more research and even more research..
and then ATS for discussion.

(Seems to Me?)

Dallas

Red

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The answer is a no. The aliens do not fear planet Earth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join