It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know who the Antichrist is!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar

good point!

Anyway we can find out his middle name? I tried doing some searches but came up empty.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by noslenwerd]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi Master Wu:

The author of the 3rd Gospel is unknown but he seems to have been also the author of the book we call Acts of the Apostles. We do not know when he lived (was he the Loukas the doctor-companion of Saul of Tarsus?) or who Theophilos was or when he lived.

The author of the 3rd gospel seems to be aware of Josephus's Jewish War (c. AD90) either in the Greek or the somewhat earlier Aramaic version which some think might have circulated c. AD 82-3.

But who exactly this Luke person is, would be anybody's guess. He said in his preface that "in as much as many have undertaken to write an account of the main things that are believed among us..." which suggests he wrote after some of the gospel material was beginning to be set into writing after AD 80 or so.

Just a little backgound is all...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just cant belive that you all belive in this bible all this relaguis mumbojumbo but hell ever one has there opoions right so yea have fun trying to find this anti-chirst

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vash
I just cant belive that you all belive in this bible all this relaguis mumbojumbo but hell ever one has there opoions right so yea have fun trying to find this anti-chirst

relaguis? I am assuming you are referring to religious. If you are going to insult religion and the bible by calling them mumbojumbo, atleast try to make your post coherent.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd

Originally posted by Vash

relaguis? I am assuming you are referring to religious. If you are going to insult religion and the bible by calling them mumbojumbo, atleast try to make your post coherent.

I am sorry that my level of spelling is so deformed that you must make fun of me for it i truely am but you know religion as started a lot of wars and battles over the hunderds of thousands of years

maybe if you humans chould get along we whouldent even have this promblem hmm? instead of haveing to belive in some higher figure floating in the sky

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Vash Religion is all based on belief. While you believe you are something other then human, your right in the fact that there is no substantial evidence that proves a god exists. For all we know the bible could of been ancient times version of the national inquirer. I'm sorry if this offends some people but the definitions of good and evil are seriously outdated and need to be updated. As for a final conflict and two forces battling out over who will win, I personally think that won't happen. If you think about the basic concepts of good and evil you realise that for one to exist the other has to be present. I mean how can you deem something evil unless you have something to judge it against. This balance will be maintained forever as thinking that one power will win over all time is limited. As we are taught the universe is unlimted and the fact that there is a single source of each side of the spectrum seems too convenient. As a species, humans are pretty new to the world and the universe. While the possibility of a divine intelligence is really practical, the thought of there being a singular one or a greater and a lesser one looks to be flawed. If you think about it, why would a god test you again and again to prove your loyalty to them? There are too many errors to go into detail in the post and i really don't want to start a rage war into religion. I read a book called good omens. It has a different view on what would happen if there was a good and evil battle, and where the antichrist made his own decisions. Free will man. It a beautiful thing.

-Aza

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
Vash Religion is all based on belief. While you believe you are something other then human, your right in the fact that there is no substantial evidence that proves a god exists. For all we know the bible could of been ancient times version of the national inquirer. I'm sorry if this offends some people but the definitions of good and evil are seriously outdated and need to be updated. As for a final conflict and two forces battling out over who will win, I personally think that won't happen. If you think about the basic concepts of good and evil you realise that for one to exist the other has to be present. I mean how can you deem something evil unless you have something to judge it against. This balance will be maintained forever as thinking that one power will win over all time is limited. As we are taught the universe is unlimted and the fact that there is a single source of each side of the spectrum seems too convenient. As a species, humans are pretty new to the world and the universe. While the possibility of a divine intelligence is really practical, the thought of there being a singular one or a greater and a lesser one looks to be flawed. If you think about it, why would a god test you again and again to prove your loyalty to them? There are too many errors to go into detail in the post and i really don't want to start a rage war into religion. I read a book called good omens. It has a different view on what would happen if there was a good and evil battle, and where the antichrist made his own decisions. Free will man. It a beautiful thing.

-Aza

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Azathoth]

Very right Aza but i do not think i am non human i just denouce being human our race is cruel evil and just down right wrong even if we mean good by us even being born we have destoryed the earth in so many ways it really is sad ..

Gentle gaia she is in pain

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Very right Aza but i do not think i am non human i just denouce being human our race is cruel evil and just down right wrong even if we mean good by us even being born we have destoryed the earth in so many ways it really is sad ..

In all seriousness, who was it that sexually abused you? I'm asking because you lump everyone into the same category!

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Graystar]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar

In all seriousness, who was it that sexually abused you? I'm asking because you lump everyone into the same category!

[edit on 15-10-2005 by Graystar]

I never was not that i recall i dont reamber much of my past

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The Antichrist will appear after a third world war!
Possibly..... Russia and Turkey........................(very near)
Other small wars happening all over the place.....
The Antichrist will appear as a WORLD PROBLEM SOLVER.
He will be a military man......great magnitism.......liked by many people!
He will be the eleventh ......who will call a World meeting to solve the problembs that will be happening....people will see in him goodness BUT this will only be external.
Do we know who the Antichrist is?
No.
He will appear when the time is right!

"And in the latter times of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up." (Daniel 8:23)

The FIRST PERIOD of the Antichrist from the day of birth to the moment of his social
appearance will pass in clandestine obscurity. St. John of Damascus says that,
"Antichrist will be raised secretly." (The Exact Exposition of the Orthodox Faith", Book
IV, Chapter 26.)

The SECOND PERIOD of the Antichrist's life will be opened by his thunderous entry (on
the world stage - my addition) in the role of a universal teacher or "prophet". It is very
possible that he will begin his activity during a world war, when people, enduring all its
horrors, will not see any way out of the calamitous dead end. All the concealed levers for
the solution will be in the hands of a secret society assisting the Antichrist.

The Antichrist will offer the most successful project for solving the world crisis from the perspective of political and social wisdom, which would establish a uniform political and social order in the whole world. Exhausted from the shock of war, spiritually blinded humanity will not only by unaware that this project is a cowardly trap, enticing it into the most degrading and merciless slavery, but on the contrary, will recognize it as a manifestation of scholarship and genius.

Universal advertisement about the Antichrist as a brilliant thinker, new leader, and savior of mankind, will thunder over all nations in the shortest possible period of time. "Evil spirits dispersed in the universe, will awaken a general, inflated opinion about the Antichrist in man, a general enthusiasm and an irresistible attraction for him." (St. Ephraim the Syrian, 16th word.)

Glory be to God,Lord Jesus Christ....
IX
helen

[edit on 10/16/2005 by helen670]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There is one thing i don't understand about that helen. If evil is so bent on destroying everything, what is the point? As stated before, without good there can be no evil and vice versa. So essentially both sides are working towards obilvion? Future doesn't look too bright now does it? If evil is cunning then it must have intelligence. I haven't heard of a stupid cunning person before. I believe there needs to be some balance between the two forces otherwise the possibility of oblivion will occur.

-Aza

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

This is one thing i don't understand about that helen. If evil is so bent on destroying everything, what is the point? As stated before, without good there can be no evil and vice versa. So essentially both sides are working towards obilvion? Future doesn't look to bright now does it?

-Aza

I don't agree that without evil there can be no good. At one time there was only good. God gave the angels free will. Lucifer decided to rebel against God and good. That's not God's fault. What was God to do? Live alone? Or create beings with no free will, just have a bunch of wind-up dolls to play with?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That bring up another argument. what was the purpose of creating us? As stated God is all powerful and all knowing. Why would someone need to create a lesser being? Lonelyness? Amusement? Whole nother can of worms there. Let try to keep this on topic. I personally don't believe one person can hold the key to everything, as God wouldn't do that and i doubt Evil is that stupid to throw all chips in on a final hand. Tis a stalemate for all of eternity until one of the side seeks oblivion.

-Aza

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

That bring up another argument. what was the purpose of creating us? As stated God is all powerful and all knowing. Why would someone need to create a lesser being? Lonelyness? Amusement? Whole nother can of worms there. Let try to keep this on topic. I personally don't believe one person can hold the key to everything, as God wouldn't do that and i doubt Evil is that stupid to throw all chips in on a final hand. Tis a stalemate for all of eternity until one of the side seeks oblivion.

-Aza

Quite obviously God is good and God is awesome. That's why he created us. And we are made in his image, and we are cabable of making him happy, sad, disappointed and angry. God has feelings. God is a person.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Vash -- How far back do you remember? Have you ever thought about that maybe the Bible is true? You know, the Bible is not like any other book that was ever written. It took God 1,500 YEARS to write it, and God used maybe 40 different persons to write it. (Bible says Holy men of old wrote as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.) And all the parts of the Bible fit together like a puzzle, and there are many prophecies in the Bible, most of them already fulfilled. We are seeing the last of them fulfilled in our lifetime.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is the problem. As i stated before why would a creator need to validate himself. Thats all worship si to him is validation, unless by worship it grants him more power. A being with everything at their hands, but was yet unsatisfied with what they had. A person indeed. People also have flaws. That being said if you read the old testament God showed some of his. Tantrums, testing of faith, and destruction carried out in his name. Sounds like a child playing with army men to me. While you can believe what you want, as i stated before i doubt either side would want oblivion. Unless they want to remake their sand castle again.

-Aza

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Vash -- How far back do you remember? Have you ever thought about that maybe the Bible is true? You know, the Bible is not like any other book that was ever written. It took God 1,500 YEARS to write it, and God used maybe 40 different persons to write it. (Bible says Holy men of old wrote as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.) And all the parts of the Bible fit together like a puzzle, and there are many prophecies in the Bible, most of them already fulfilled. We are seeing the last of them fulfilled in our lifetime.

Becuase i have been to hell i knwo there is no god and i have been to heaven there is no god there either

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Vash, You said:

Becuase i have been to hell i knwo there is no god and i have been to heaven there is no god there either

But the Bible says God is everywhere. How do you know He wasn't there?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There is no super smart charismatic anti-christ, the whole concept of an intelligent anti-christ is flawed. The bible clearly states TWO beasts (these are the smart charismatic ones). Now, either these beasts are two superpowers or two dictators, who are allied or at war. In either case, massive destruction ensues. As far as I'm concidered, Mabus ("anti-christ") is W Bush, the guy that will START world war 3. The guy might not be very smart, but he commands the most powerful armies on earth. A monkey can start world war 3 if put into a position of power.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While there is truth that a person who does not know what they are doing will cause chaos, I doubt W Bush would be able to start it alone by himself. I've often thought about it myself as what i would have done in his stead. How does one react to an attack that has no single defined entity or country claiming it? There are really only two options. One is to ignore the attack and do nothing about it, which would make the aggressor think we are weak and more like sheeple. The other is to launch a defensive/offensive, maybe not to the scale that was done, but then again this isn't the cold war days when it was USSR vs USA. Back then we at least knew who was the enemy and had a clear definition of who and what we were watching for. There are some difficult options you have to deal with. When dealing with people that will use anything they can to get you, you have to think creatively to be able to combat that. Bomb them? No can't kill them all there is innocent people there. Shun them? No then the world would think the US is selfish. I think it would be a great idea to work on our own problems and let the other countries sort their own out, but you can't do that. Go neutral? I am starting to think that soon Switzerland will be attacked. I'll keep saying it again, i doubt both sides are dumb enought to throw in everything for oblivion. Lets keep the political stuff to PTS

-Aza

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Azathoth]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join