It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chloramine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Do any of the X-files buffs remember one of the 2001 shows mentioning Chloramine and mutations for alien colonization (super soldier episode)?

It's late, the X-Files is on Sci Fi and I hear Chloramine on the X-files. Now, this just kind of relates to a recent document stating that a nearby water supply would be switched to Chloramine.

I find it very interesting. I don't want to create a conspiracy that doesn't really exist, but how much truth is actually in the X-Files shows regarding this?

Troy

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I know it might be a topic that isn't much discussed (much may not be known yet), but I didn't notice the mention of Chloramine in the X-files untill the other night. So I wonder about this type of thing.

Could it have any basis in reality? This quote comes from an article on the internet:

"According to Parker, the most at-risk groups from chloraminated water are: the fetus in the first trimester, children to age three, people over age 60 and those with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Women in the 35-45 age group are at risk of recurring rashes on the inner thighs and chest, he added."

The link is: tuberose.com...

I'm lacking anything definite as relates to X-files/Alien stuff, but it does seem like it minimully could be a health hazard. Other links that say it kills fish below. It's not like chlorine as you can't just let it sit out in open air like Chlorine to dissipate it.

www.co.arlington.va.us...

watersol.8m.com...

Anyone with anything to add?

Troy

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I must have missed that episode

the x-files has always been hard to follow, it's main plot that is, it always seems to get side tracked but from my understanding up until season 6 the situation was aliens that lived on earth in the past are coming to return, at first it seems black oil virus(an alien entity) and the greys are seperate entities but in the movie the virus gestates and makes greys pop out of them. anyway all this was known by the consortium, the group with cigarette smoking man, from the end of ww2. The consortium had agreed with the aliens that when colonization occured them and their families would be spared. Within the consortium there was a group who were going to try to resist them by creating a vaccine to the black oil. the vaccine was never succesful, but the russians had developed a working vaccine that was difficult to duplicate. The abductees were an experiment by the greys to help make a hybrid to aid in colonization, a rogue group of aliens who evidently had a grudge against the greys. they isfigured themselves by si orifaces in their faces to prevent infection by the black oil. the started destroying the grey test subjects(abductees) and also kill most of the collaborators and their families. cigarette smoking man escaped. with the plan they had in place ruined and the space craft in antarctica destroyed colonization had to be delayed. Thats when the replicants(super soldiers) began replacing government officials and thats where the show left off.

Sorry for the length of the post but as you can see x-files has a rather complicated plot. hopefully the sequel movie will put an end to the story.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Skully has allready had her baby in this episode. The lady that is able to stay under water is in this episode. (part of the super soldier project) And she exposes the super soldier plot, and she shows Skully and Agent Reas (newer lady X-file agent you see with Dogget) her bump on the back of her neck in one of these related episodes.

I just wonder how much truth this show actually exposes.

Chloramine is a real water additive that is suposedly better than using Chlorination, and there is a nearby Town that will be soon using it. So, after hearing the word "Chloramine" on the X-files, I started wondering, could this have any basis in fact?

Troy

[edit on 20-5-2005 by cybertroy]

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Chloramine is now being used in most water supplies - it cannot be removed with carbon filters. Water authorities are denying putting it in - because they are not adding any chloramine - they will admit that they put in chloride and ammonia (which combined make chloramine).
Click this link to see an email conversation between a concerned member of the public and Drinking Water Inspectorate.
www.whatdotheyknow.com...

new topics

top topics

join