It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fecking DVD+/-R drive... im gonna switch to a PC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There are ways out of (almost) everything. Fortunately, this isn't one of those almost times.

Here's what you can do...

the standard choice - (PLEASE don't use Home Edition)

(This choice is a little expensive... but nice.) - I'm using this currently.

or for the more daring... (but will be very nice if you can get it working successfully and want a change of pace from Windows...)

U2U me if you need any help. I'll be more than glad to offer my 2 cents.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 5/25/05 by prophetmike]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Anyone forgetting Diehard_democrats problem?

He has a Mac, and the DVD has problems burning disks..
Remember? LOL

How's it going Diehard? any fix yet?
I still think trying out an apple branded DVD will help..
I've been through this..

[edit on 25-5-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Anyone forgetting Diehard_democrats problem?

He has a Mac, and the DVD has problems burning disks..
Remember? LOL

How's it going Diehard? any fix yet?
I still think trying out an apple branded DVD will help..
I've been through this..

Oh, I didn't forget... I just can't help being that I've never touched a Mac other than elementary school and never will. I consider all Apple products (except Quicktime) pure evil and overpriced (you can guess I don't own an iPod).

These are just suggestions for when/if he switches over to a PC. But ultimately, it's all up to him... I'm just here if he needs me.

*waves hand and tries to use Mind-Trick* Windows.... or even GNU/Linux. Leave the dark side... plus, I'm sure you'll want to play games... which you can't do on an evil Mac for heck!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 5/25/05 by prophetmike]

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah the newer Mac os' look ok... but windows is much better. I've never had a good experience with mac stuff. Cept for my iPod ( i know it's overpriced but it looks sexy and people are liek you got an iPod awesome... it's a girl magnet hehe) I tell my school "Why use an inferrior OS it'd be much smarter to switch to a type of linux or something since macs just suck...." hehe

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have no idea, I would look, but jeff put a lock on my pc so I can't open it. It isn't one of those 4-6 screws and case comes off, it is a push to buttons and side folds down. But he locked it after I fried my old one so I won't screw it up.

BTW, had a mac G3, sold it for 50 bucks, I know, going to hell for burdening someone with a Mac, but damn it sucks.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'd like to point out today, in modern physics, we were in the PC lab instead of Mac lab at school.

Worst period of my life.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
All this talk about modding is making me want to do something myself like that beer G3 tower on the first page of this thread.

Instuctions:
Press F4 to dispense beverage
Press F5 to watch it attempt HL2
Press F7 to self-destruct
Open any application to shutdown

But then I have an iMac flat panel so I could maybe make it into a paperweight ... wait nevermind it already is. Maybe I could remove the fan and use it as a heater...?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
But then I have an iMac flat panel so I could maybe make it into a paperweight ... wait nevermind it already is. Maybe I could remove the fan and use it as a heater...?

Toss it here, I'll find a good use for it.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Diehard, when you get a good computer, IE not a mac, make sure it has this if you want to play HL2 and make it look as great as possible.

2.4ghz proc, 512meg ram, Directx 9level graphics card, windows xp/2000 4.5gig space, and internet. Need the internet, they made it so people couldn't burn the game and give to friends by making it so you have to register the game online before you can play it, and you have to get online even to play single player, because you have to hook up to steam network. You can get offline after you log on to steam and play in offline mode.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join