It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie's Tooth Found ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I was born and raised in Baltimore, home of the blue crab. I'd bet I could have an entire blue crab eaten faster than 95% of the members of this site could figure out how to open one.

I have no doubt that is a crab claw. Crabs are scavengers and will eat anything with meat, dead deer included.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

This is not a tooth of any sort. Plainly.

I agree, its a claw/spur, as a tooth it would be anatomically useless! Very likely a crab claw, I agree!

LMAO some folk are dim, go out back of a seafood resturant boys, see those shells there, they're dragon scales! Honest!

[edit on 103030p://080610 by instar]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
that was a big crab if the claw is that big!

Where's the butter!!! ::::::tying on lobster bib:::::::

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Actually, I think they probably went in the trash, as I can see other banned members. Now I'll never know for sure.

You are correct. It was a poor and obvious hoax and intent to mislead our members.....and it was trashed, as it should have been....

Have to agree with others...definitely not a tooth, it is clearly designed for snagging prey, and certainly looks crustacean in origin....

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You are correct.

OK, so I didn't really need to quote this. I just wanted to see it again, because I don't often hear those 3 little words every woman longs to hear. Warn me if absolutely necessary, it was worth it to capture this for posterity.

Think 'I love you' works wonders, try 'You are correct'. Guaranteed to get you out of anything.

The original thread caught my attention because my uncle has the same name, and my first thought was 'Oh no, what is Billy doing now?' He's a bit of a prankster, and a used car salesman. World famous is exactly how he would describe himself.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And I still don't think it's Nessie's tooth.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's almost certainly not a tooth.

In my opinion, it's not a crab claw either. I think what's throwing people off is the coloration, which is indeed very much like a blue crab. The thing is, the hooks, the lack of serrated nodules, the root, all very abnormal for a crab claw. I grew up in the NE, and am very familiar with blue crabs, and I'm almost positive this isn't a crab claw.

Now, I don't think it's a claw either, because it doesn't appear well suited for any sort of activity a creature would use its claws for. I've never seen a claw like this on any living animal..nor have I seen anything like it in the fossil record... There are some similarities to other fossils, but frankly, they're sporadic and mixed between species..this is a Frankenstein claw...

I think it's a hoax, and I'm pretty sure they fabricated the claw to use in this hoax. I think the claw is probably made of resin or epoxy putty, I've sculpted many unusual alien shapes for use in modeling, and this thing is child's play in comparison.

The thing could have been sculpted in Greed Stuff and painted with acrylics, then finished with dull coat and a couple coats of magic floor wash on the tip...

That's my vote, because I've been studying animals my entire life, ever since I was a small boy, and I've never encountered anything similar...

The antelope horn is a possible match, but the coloration is completely off, and the spine pattern is not normal. The root looks right for an antler..but that coloration is truly bizarre...

The saw fish is an unlikely match..it wouldn't attack a deer, it doesn't have coloration like you see in the photo, and as far as I know, there are no saw fish in Scottish lochs.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
They did talk about it on Coast-Coast am a coupple of weeks back, the guy has a book coming out, its supposed to be from some sort of mutated/prehistoric eel thing. I myself am not sure what to make of it. It could very well be a promtional hoax for his book ect. Will post links ect. (have to look them up)

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
#1. It's not a tooth, as the point has a thin curve to it, which would, as a tooth, make it useless really.

#2. See how it has a barb, before the tip? And the color fades into a blue twords the tip, making be believe, from color, and shape, it's a crabs claw.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance in asking what is probably a stupid question but why has the above member got -15 ats points at the moment?? I know this question has absolutely nothing to do with the topic but it just caught my eye when I was reading the post and made me wonder why. I have never seen this before so could somebody please clarify this for me if it is not too much bother.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well, I don't know crabs all that well, but something that sharp with a pointy bit on the end is in no way shape or form a tooth. A predator would break that off the first time it bit something hard (like, ooooh, a deer's ribcage, for example).

Secondly, the 'tooth' doesn't seem to have much of a root at all. Teeth go more than just to the edge of our gums!

Thirdly, the opening part of the video sounds terribly, terribly rehearsed. Listen to it again. "I-don't-want-to-get-out-of-the-boat" etc. It's shoddy acting, and then, with the beast ripped and torn in a dozen places, they 'oh-look-what-is-this-here?' in about two seconds.

Strange that the video completely edits out the removal and cleaning of the item as well, two things that would have told us rather a lot about how long it was there for, the method of insertion/extraction etc.

An interesting forgery, but a fake nonetheless. If the crustacian experts agree, then I will go with them and say it is a crab claw.

posted on Jun, 14 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It looks like a horn,or a claw, but Nessie doesn't have a any horns. I don't think that it is a horn, it may be a claw.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Have they tested it for dna?

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ok so we all summed it down to a claw/antler but what the hell ripped that deer with great force like that? Cutting it in half.. as a deer hunter ive seen dead deer and all but nothing like this im not really concerned about the tooth now that we have summed it down to what it is but what would just tear that deer in half? whatever it was it has great power.. any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
well, id guess this solves it.

www.prweb.com...

theres also the local story on www.azfamily.com...
but you have to register and poo on that.

turns out its a muntjac deer horn, and a big fat fake.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by justdj]

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
where was it found again?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by justdj
well, id guess this solves it.

www.prweb.com...

***good find, thanks***

but, before this 'explaination' popped up...i was on the trail of
what one of yall mentioned that the object may be a claw/spur
and i was following the Spur lead.

theres the Big Birds in the Sky option for a rather large deer carcass
being decimated & torn apart;
reference to: Roc, Thunderbird, Phoenix, etc, see ATS thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

check these pics & sites for briefings about the critters/raptors:

source: www.pibburns.com...

a raptor this size would have a talon & spur as big as the
'tooth of nessie' in question

Then there's this pic & site->->

source: "Evidence of the Giant Birds" :i.e. Teratorn
sped2work.tripod.com...

stretch the envelope...you see the skeketons' feet & talons & its Spur !
[kinda resembles the claw/tooth/ image, of this thread, eh?]

it just seems to me that a flying raptor of considerable size would attack
a land animal, perhaps bring it to a shoreline to eviscerate it somewhat,
for easier transport to the nest/den/cave where the sky-raptor lives hidden.
->> rather than a sea or water creature snaring a drinking animal, but having the carcass remain on dry land, instead of it being dragged into the water to drown, if not already dead...to where the predator lives, eats, sleeps.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Muntjac bucks have long pedicles from which relatively small antlers grow. Normally a single backward curved antler up to 10 cm in length and terminating in a small hook is grown from each pedicle, although exceptionally a buck’s antlers may reach about 15 cm in length. In mature animals a small brow tine is produced from the coronet. There is no apparent coronet visible on young bucks. Mature bucks shed their antlers between March and April and re-grow them by August or September. A buck’s first head can be cast at any time up to two years of age, depending on the month of birth.

www.deer-uk.com...

It could have been found exactly as they say. The dear deer may have been impailed with the horn in a fight and died much later and then the carcass was scavanged by other animals.

One other point, I've seen deer swimming before. The cause of death may have been a boating accident.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
IF they are in Loch Ness, then what done that to the Deer? Living in Scotland I was under the impression we didn't have any beasties that are capable of that?

Although I did find it strange the guy said that there were no bears around there, since hed prob say there are no bears anywhere in scotland except maybe Edinburgh.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join