It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie's Tooth Found ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I agree with the general consensus that this isn't a tooth. But if it were, who's to say it belongs to Nessie?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I dunno, looking around i've seen a couple of teeth that look similar

It's a Sawfish rostral tooth, here's the site

www.paleodirect.com...

It's even barbed.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Burgess]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I watched the video. Someone else tell me that it didn't reek of a setup. Just listen to the dialogue.

Anyway, the object itself sure has the base of a small antler or horn. It looks like a small one from a pronghorn antelope:

Plus the "story" is they cracked the ribcage to get it out with a screwdriver. Watch the video...he just pulls it out.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ZZ...............i was kind of leaning that same direction...........about the antelope. i took my grand daughters to the zoo not long ago and the small antelope had those kind of lethal looking little horns on them.

i think this is a really good GAG........like lots of the other stuff on nessie has been.

i really really would LOVE to know there WAS an actual nessie. but this doesn't seem to qualify as that proof!

angie

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think there is something in the antelope family that has a horn like that.

I think?

Roper

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Next time Roper, read all of the thread!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

Agree it looks like an antler, not sure on the Antalope though, as I'm not sure that there are any roaming wild in Scotland...

However....

It closer resembles the Muntjack which if I'm not mistaken are in the UK and Scotland...

How it got there ?

I'm of the opinion that they picked it up on a trail somewhere, and placed it in the deer corpse...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I know that the same area has legends of water horses that would come onto land and slaughter and eat livestock - mainly sheep

do you have any links explaing what a water horse is or at least explaining the legend behind it cause I've never heard of this "water horse" before and ti seems real intersting. as for the tooth maybe it's a hoax maybe it's not but those videos of the trails were kinda on the blurry side and isn't nessie supposed to be bigger then 20-25 feet?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Water Horse legends go back as far as the start of recorded history. They seem to be a little more fanciful than today's reports of the Loch Ness Monster, but that's true of myths and legends in general.

The Each Uisge, is a name for the Highland supernatural water horse, supposedly the most dangerous of the Scottish water dwelling creatures. The monster inhabited the sea, sea lochs and fresh water lochs and is sometimes mistaken in writing as the Kelpie, which is supposed to inhabit rivers and streams.

The Each Uisge had the ability to shape shift, and could disguise itself as a fine horse or pony.As well as human victims the Each Uisge also ate cattle and sheep, and could be lured from the water and killed with the smell of roasted meat.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
"Does anybody know how to contact Bill McDonald the world famous researcher?"

"Why yes, I'm Bill McDonald the world famous researcher!"

Yup, that's the one. Thanks for sharing, it's good to know I haven't completely lost it yet.

And in the spirit of the thread topic: I'm going to have to agree with the majority here, I don't think that is Nessie's tooth. But then again, I'm not a 'world famous researcher' like Bill McDonald.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I thought this fit the post so here yall go:

www.lochness.co.uk...

Very cool. I have claimed the sheep as pets ive become so attached.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yeah, there is no way that's a tooth.
The shape of it is not meant to slice or pierce. It's designed for crushing.
My guess is a crab pincer.........
I showed the pic to my roomate(whos a profesional diver) and he says it can also be a mandible.
How it got there is beyond me. If it wasn't planted, I'd say a big mollusk was scavenging a carcass that was killed by something else and for whatever reason left a claw behind.
The end of it does look like spoiling crab meat.........

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
Water Horse legends go back as far as the start of recorded history. They seem to be a little more fanciful than today's reports of the Loch Ness Monster, but that's true of myths and legends in general.

The Each Uisge, is a name for the Highland supernatural water horse, supposedly the most dangerous of the Scottish water dwelling creatures. The monster inhabited the sea, sea lochs and fresh water lochs and is sometimes mistaken in writing as the Kelpie, which is supposed to inhabit rivers and streams.

The Each Uisge had the ability to shape shift, and could disguise itself as a fine horse or pony.As well as human victims the Each Uisge also ate cattle and sheep, and could be lured from the water and killed with the smell of roasted meat.

thanks alot

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Im not saying this is a tooth but this deer was definitely killed by something large. If you look at the holes you can see what happened. This deer was coming down to the water to get something to drink, and Nessie is sitting here just like a croc with a wildebeest. It grabs this thing by the neck, flips it breaking the neck which you can see in the video. And then it takes a bite out of this deer, and then maybe hears something like a boat, and then leaves.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The sheep moved! I saw it!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Im very sceptical about this one. I've lived around the loch all my life so I have a bit of local knowledge about the environment and animals etc.

1 There is nothing in the video to suggest that they are really on loch ness, no man made landmarks and I do not recognise the mountains in the background though that does not prove it is really fake.

2 The accent of the boat skipper sounds very suspect to me, it is definately not a local accent it sounds more sothern but even at that im still not convinced it was really a proper accent, in my opinion the accent was put on for the cameras sake.

3 The boat skipper also said " there are no bears about here." Anybody that lives in Scotland knows there are no bears ANYWHERE in Scotland except for the zoo's.

4 Im not sure about this one but I have never heard of loch ness having a water ballif??? Let alone one that has it in his power to confiscate anything. I will speak to my friend that is in the coastgaurd about this ballif thing to see if I can find out more.

5 To me it is definately not a crab claw, and definately not a crab that you will find in waters around scotland. It does look like an immature antler though and I am 99% positive this is what it is. What makes me come to this conclusion is that I have seen antlers and horns removed from animals before(the advantage of spending a lot of time on my grandfathers farm) and the root looks identical to many I have seen as you can see the fibres where it joins onto the head of the animal. As to what the antlers are off I am unsure, in my opinion it does not resemble the antlers of the red deer which are plentifull around the area.

Well thats my tuppence worth for you to all ponder over, if I get the chance I might email these guys and see what sort of local information they know about the area. We'll see if they can name the boat they were on or the hotel they were staying in and the name of the skipper of the boat, anything at all that will convince me they really were in the area. If any info comes my way i will post it here A.S.A.P.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
i too go with the majority and say its an antler horn, the base of it is the most obvious clue.

i also believe that this was staged. the whole thing seemed a bit too rehearsed.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hey Guys,
I happen to disagree and believe it's real. Call me a sucker, but it's what I would like to believe. I have found an article online that shows that not only does Bill McDonald think it is real but also another palentologist. Granted, I am not able to check either of their credentials in order to see how credible they may be. The article dates back a while. Also, in case any of you were interested. In Steve Alten's book "The Loch" which was a fictional story based on Bill McDonald's recent findings at Loch Ness, the creature is proven to be either a mutant Anguilla Eel, or the ancester of an Anguilla. After being trapped in Loch Ness in the early 30's, the eel was not able to spawn in fresh water, and since anguilla eels die after returning to their birthplace to spawn, this eel, or ancester, had not died. This would also explain the land sightings because it is proven that Anguilla Eels can travel on land if they cannot find food in the water for a brief period of time.

Check it out and tell me what you think.
www.emediawire.com...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I had crab legs a few days ago and thought of this thread. When you tear apart the claw, the bottom of the claw looks exactly like it.

Could be from a giagantic crab.

JWB

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is some seriously bad acting, especially by the camera guy. Total set up, oh whats this logded in the carcass??? The first thing the guy grabs, gimmie a break guys.. I agree with Dr. Zed

[edit on 31-5-2005 by JWB]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join