It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie's Tooth Found ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
www.lochnesstooth.com...

I’m a college student in the Midwest U.S. In March (2005) my roommate and I went to the U.K and spent our last two days at Loch Ness. The boat rental season hadn’t started so we hired a local who took us on a private boat tour.
After a few hours we came across the remains of a dead deer. The animal had literally been ripped in half - hind quarters gone, its spine was broken and severed. There were huge bloody gashes, teeth marks and a bizarre bony protrusion sticking out of an exposed rib. Using a screwdriver, we cracked open the ribcage and pried it loose. It was a tooth - about 4 inches long, barbed and very sharp!

www.emediawire.com...

Investigator Confirms Discovery of Loch Ness Tooth
Investigator Bill McDonald confirms that Loch Ness Tooth photos and video footage taken by two American college students are undoctored.

(PRWEB) April 28, 2005 -- After a thorough examination of photos and video footage taken by two American college students claiming they recovered the tooth of an immense creature lodged in the ribcage of a half eaten deer carcass found on Loch Ness, (www.LochNessTooth.com...) forensics expert and Nessie investigator Bill McDonald has concluded that the film is undoctored. If the tooth is real, that confirms his own findings as to what the creature is.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It doesn't look like a tooth to me. It looks more like a nail. Maybe from a claw or something. I haven't heard anything about this before. hmmm, I need to do a little background research.

That deer was ripped to shreads.

[edit on 5/17/2005 by infinite8]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was thinking it looked like some sort of small horn.
I don't know much about Nessie - she never really captured my interest, there are just so many hoaxes and very little convincing evidence.
But when I saw this I just had to share it with you guys. Hey, y'all do enough research for my lazy butt and I knew I hadn't seen this one here.

Is Nessie thought to be a meat eater? I never really thought about it. I just kinda figured she liked fish and veges. LOL
I know that the same area has legends of water horses that would come onto land and slaughter and eat livestock - mainly sheep.
And would nessie be able to strike quickly enough to take down a deer?
I figured her for a more gentle and languid creature.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Looks like a horn to me.

I doubt its a tooth, it doesnt have roots like a tooth. It would be really easy to test to find out, teeth and horns are two different materials

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure what happened there or not. I'm not even sure those pics were taken in Scotland. I do know that picture and video is of half a deer. It does look as if a bear ripped and clawed through that carcass. If that is in fact a tooth, it must be one of many kinds in the animal. It just doesn't see to have the greatest design on it. The tip appears to sharp and fragile to constantly go through bone without breaking. Consider the teeth of other carnivores.

On another note, why would someone ever share their knowledge of having that until they were out of the country?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Its the bottom of a giant crab claw. Well it sure does look like it. i guess it could be a hron but it isnt shaped right to be a tooth.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Infinit do you have a link to the video?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

There are numerous theories as to Nessie's identity, including a snake-like primitive whale known as a zeuglodon, a type of long-necked aquatic seal, giant eels, walruses, floating mats of plants, giant molluscs, otters, a "paraphysical" entity, mirages, and diving birds, but many lake monster researchers seem to favor the plesiosaur theory.

I have been unable to find any images of a zeuglodon tooth, however;

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)

Zeuglodon \Zeu"glo*don\, n. [Gr. ? the strap or loop of a yoke +
?, ?, tooth.] (Paleon.)
A genus of extinct Eocene whales, remains of which have been
found in the Gulf States. The species had very long and
slender bodies and broad serrated teeth. See Phocodontia.

That description does sound as though it could be similar to the object found.

Also the fossilized teeth I viewed online of the plesiosaur do bear some resmeblance to the "tooth" that was found.
How on earth do I copy some of those images here? Or can someone smarter post some for me, please?

The video can be viewed at www.lochnesstooth.com...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by ilandrah]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm not a dentist, but I'm pretty sure that isn't a tooth. Take a look a the bottom of it, where's the substructure that would adjoin it to the jaw? Looks to me like they found weird shaped deer antler. Another thing that aroused my suspicions was the fact that the expert here has seen only footage and not the tooth itself. If I had found what I thoguht to be a tooth like that, I'd let the experts have the thing to examine (with some non-disclosure agreements and a book deal lined up
).

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Great stuff ! From the pictures and footage something happened and happened right near lochness.

I'm wondering if the 'tooth' may look more like a claw?

Dallas

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I t looks like part of an antler to me

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If it does belong to Nessie, I'd say its her claw! Doesn't look like a tooth at all, especially with the little spikes (there appears to be 2 or three) coming out of the side near the base. That wouldn't be normal of a tooth, would it?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ilandra, to enter photos directly into your posts do the following. When "posting a reply" or while editing a post of yours, find the small ATS image that looks like a screen with a paint palate. It is foung directly above the area you type text into. Click this icon and another window will pop up where you can paste or type the photo-link directly. This will then allow others to see the photos. You can get the photoink url by 'right clicking' your mouse over the image and then select "properties". Within this area you will find the "Address: URL". Copy that and then use it to post the photo here on ATS.
----------------------------------------------

On another note, I think it looks a lot like an antler especially near the base or root. Red Elk grow enormous racks and its possible that it could have been knocked off or broken into the animal while it was being attacked.

Does anyone know if you can sand down an antler and shape it in the process??

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I might be going senile but,

I would swear that back in March I saw a thread where someone had posted this story as their own, looking for information on how to contact Bill McDonald. There was a response from a member named 'billmc' saying he was the investigator and he wanted to talk to them.

I know I've read that story before, unless I'm losing my mind (which is entirely possible), I read it here, posted by someone claiming it happened to them. Of course, billmc is banned, after 2 posts, and I don't recall the other member's name, so I can't verify this.

Edited to added:

Actually, I think they probably went in the trash, as I can see other banned members. Now I'll never know for sure.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Duzey]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Thanks heaps infinite8. You are a champion.

This is one of many plesiosaur fossils that I think look similar to the object found. In other images the fossilized tooth looks straighter and in some thicker, so it is hard to say really.
I really wish I could find one of a zeuglodon tooth.

At first viewing I would have absolutely said that this was a horn or antler, the main thing causing me to doubt now is the "Investigation" of Bill Mcdonald.
He is supposed to be an expert in forensics and on Nessie, he says that it is definately NOT an antler, or claw. That the bite marks are consistent with the type of animal he believes Nessie to be.
He would have given himself a lot more credibility if he had of named that animal, but I guess that is one of the main selling points of the upcoming book.
He certainly has a lot to gain from this and I can see the college guys doing it just to be funny.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilandrah
He certainly has a lot to gain from this...

Yes he does. Isn't the movie "The Loch", based on his book, coming out soon?

As for the "tooth", it looks like part of a crab's pincer, etc. , to me. The blue color blending to the white is just the way crustaceans are colored. I haven't been able to make a match as far as species yet, though.

And look at the way the end of the tooth curls into a "J" shape. That's not a very efficient design for "ripping things in half".

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thats not a loch ness tooth! IT FITS PERFECT WITH DESCRIPTIONS OF THE CHUPACABRA!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
As much as I'd like it to be I don't think that's a tooth, it looks far too thin to survive any form of piercing bite, plus.... you don't want barbs on a tooth: You're gonna get them stuck in whatever you're biting and have your teeth ripped out at a fantastic rate. Plus the lack of any form of root for attaching it to the jaw.

Really, I wouldn't wanna bite anything with that, especially as the very tip is curled right over, that's gonna snap off if you stab it in something. I say something claw like.

About the best i can do for comparisons:

Broken Deer Antler:

Was looking for something crab related but so far haven't found much really resembling it...

Um... image of a fossilised plesiasaur tooth:

along with lots of other prehistoric creature's teeth here

[edit on 18/5/2005 by Slashpepper]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I might be going senile but,

I would swear that back in March I saw a thread where someone had posted this story as their own...

Yep, I saw that too. It was probably trashed, the guy opened two accounts and was just talking to himself. It went something like...

"Does anybody know how to contact Bill McDonald the world famous researcher?"

"Why yes, I'm Bill McDonald the world famous researcher!"

You get the drift.

Now he has a book? Figures...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This is not a tooth of any sort. Plainly.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join