It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You For Or Against The War In Iraq?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
What makes you think they want democracy?

The fact that they turned up in their thousands to vote in the elections in January!!!

Do you need more proof than that???

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
The fact that they turned up in their thousands to vote in the elections in January!!!

So voteing now means democracy?

Do you need more proof than that???

Yes I do, right now there in democracy, that doesnt mean they want it.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Yes I do, right now there in democracy, that doesnt mean they want it.

Well most of the world believes that democracy is best, and i believe that most of Iraq does.

When the time comes for the US/UK to leave Iraq then the Iraqi public will be able to decide for themselves.

We had a job to do in Iraq for the well-being of the people there, i believe we are nearing completion of our job so will be leaving in the next couple of years, when that time comes the Iraqi people choose democracy as it is the only fair way to live!!!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Well most of the world believes that democracy is best, and i believe that most of Iraq does.

Really?
Can I see some figures on that?

When the time comes for the US/UK to leave Iraq then the Iraqi public will be able to decide for themselves.

Ah so wait, you agreeing there not in democracy right now?

We had a job to do in Iraq for the well-being of the people there, i believe we are nearing completion of our job so will be leaving in the next couple of years, when that time comes the Iraqi people choose democracy as it is the only fair way to live!!!

Really?
You see democracy as the only political way to live?
Open your mind to political sides, democracy is but one way of doing things.
Hell we arent even a full democracy yet.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am against the "WAR" in Iraq. I think american citizens and the whole world are beeing taken for a ride by a leadership that is succeeding in dumbing its citizens to an extent where they think all is fine while most of the world is mushrooming with hatred towards the U.S. I would go as far as saying.. Bush is running on a closer path with Adolf Hitler than many realize.. I live in Switzerland which is about as neutral as it gets.. 80% of the population here, just as a simple example, on a recent poll stated that they go as far as to say that they "hate" the U.S. and his policies.

1.) My reasoning is simple on analysis of exclusion:

a
There were no WMD that is clear by now. Honestly Bush also knew so.

b
Saddam and Iraq as a whole had not the slightest role in 911.

c
Saddam was not a top threat to anyone.. compared to Iran, Syria or countries like North Korea or even (indirectly) SAUDI ARABIA. How much resistance was there when the U.S. invaded Iraq from a point of weaponry ? Virtually none.. Because Iraq had nothing... and was no threat.

Ive heard arguments that the war is just because Saddam was a dictator who killed thousands of civilians.. Didnt Bush kill tens of thousands of civilians in the mideast by now in the name of this "just war" leave alone over 1600 innocent young american soldiers ? Oh .. ja but we are fighting terrorists right ? .. well Maybe the Kurds were seen by Saddam as terrorists ? Oh but yes I forgot only Bush decides who is a terrorist..right?
And besides all that.. Was it not the U.S. who gave the Iraqis the weaponry and the gas in order to fight Iran in the first place ? Well if Saddam would gas the Iranis with the gas delivered by the U.S. then it would be fine ? Cause that is what it was there fore... I mean there is a huge difference if thousands of INNOCENT Iranis or thousands of INNOCENT Kurds die ... is that what we are told here ?

Oh but wait.. Saddam was in Human rights violation ... So he needed to be removed.. But does Americas top allie SAUDI ARABIA not have the worst human rights record in the region where people are beeing tortured and amputation of limbs still is in accordance to law ? How come they are top buiddes of the U.S.A.?

SO then what the heck WAS the reason for the war ?????

Double standards... Corruption... New World Order... sounds like more realistic reasons for the war...... North Korea was and is a threat not Iraq.

Teacher asks student.. so what do you wanto be when your big ?
Student answer "North Korea" .. Teacher asks.. "what do you mean ???"
Boy says: "Ever heard of the millions of 100$ bill Super dollars ? Made in North Korea...Ever seen any of the millions of new perfectly forget Euro notes ? Made in North Korea...and now security through atom bombs ? Made in North Korea... I wanna be North Korea...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ah so wait, you agreeing there not in democracy right now?

Iraq is on the way to democracy, but there are still many people in Iraq that will do all in their power to disrupt the making of a better country.
The US and UK must stay till these people are defeated. Then it will be time to leave.
What happens when we leave is upto them, we will have given them an insight into democracy and it will be their choice.

But will we ever leave at the risk of losing all that oil?????

[edit on 23/5/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Iraq is on the way to democracy, but there are still many people in Iraq that will do all in their power to disrupt the making of a better country.

There stopping you makeing a democracy, they dont like democracy.

The US and UK must stay till these people are defeated. Then it will be time to leave.

Yes we got us into a mess for no reason other than we didnt like sadam.

What happens when we leave is upto them, we will have given them an insight into democracy and it will be their choice.

I doubt we will totally leave...

But will we ever leave at the risk of losing all that oil?????

By "we" you mean the US...right?
Since the only things we "own" abroad are 3 small islands and a hill.....

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

There stopping you makeing a democracy, they dont like democracy.

They are also a minority, a tiny minority at that!

I doubt we will totally leave...

Agreed!!!

By "we" you mean the US...right?

The US/UK. I believe the rest of the coalition will dwindle away in the next 2-3 yrs.

Since the only things we "own" abroad are 3 small islands and a hill.....

Totally off subject but which islands and hill! Im curious!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

They are also a minority, a tiny minority at that!

Minority's turn into majority's and vice versa all the time...

The US/UK. I believe the rest of the coalition will dwindle away in the next 2-3 yrs.

No, the UK force there will be negligable, probably one unit, mabye a regiment.

Totally off subject but which islands and hill! Im curious!

Acession island, the falkland islands and Gibraltar.
Discouting isle of white and the channel islands.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Minority's turn into majority's and vice versa all the time...

That would be one hell of a u-turn

No, the UK force there will be negligable, probably one unit, mabye a regiment.

If the US wants us to stay, we will stay!!!

Acession island, the falkland islands and Gibraltar.
Discouting isle of white and the channel islands.

I was just wondering what The Hill was.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That would be one hell of a u-turn

Happened before..

If the US wants us to stay, we will stay!!!

Yeah but as a token force.

I was just wondering what The Hill was.

That really annoys the spainards...

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That really annoys the spainards...

I know, great isnt it!!!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

No he just executed anybody that looked at him!

Maybe, just maybe, we should be more careful about what puppets we install to run other coutries, eh? Or, maybe we really shouldn't be installing puppet governments at all?
Either way you look at it, it's still America's fault for interfering in foreign affairs they have no business in. Saddam was a bastard, but he was our bastard.
He was on our payroll for a long time.

[edit on 23-5-2005 by Moe Foe]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Either way you look at it, it's still America's fault for interfering in foreign affairs they have no business in.

If the west 'kept their nose out' the rest of the world would self destruct.

Unfortunatly we have to share this small planet and we (UK/US) must have a say in what goes on in the rest of the world. Otherwise it would just be mayhem!

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well this is very interesting......

Ive just counted the For's and Against's,

So far:

17 For

31 Against

2 Undecided

Whilst on the boards here at ATS i got the impression that alot of people were for the the invasion of Iraq, but i must have been wrong!!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wether the invasion of Iraq was legal or not it had to be done! We had to do everything in our power to oust Saddam and it has been done!

But maybe it is time for our boys to come home now!

The people of Iraq want us out so lets leave them to get on with it!

We gave them freedom, but if they dont want it they can sort their own mess out!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
What makes me laugh:

We gave them freedom!

Yeah, out of one repressive regime into a military occupation. Thousands of dead civilians every month, minimal security for Iraqi citizens, and still wide swaths of Iraq with no electricity or gas. But damn, them oil wells are pumpin'.

You destroyed their country with 12 years of crippling sanctions (500,000 dead Iraqi children, congrats!), and then you rolled in and bombed them into oblivion. Three days in a row of massive bombing in Baghdad, a city of 4 million. It would be like someone bombing Detroit for 72 hours straight.

We brought them democracy!

An election is to democracy what a wedding is to marriage. It's the first tiny step. And they weren't exactly 100% free, since the CPA decided one who the parties were to be.

jako

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Thousands of dead civilians every month, minimal security for Iraqi citizens, and still wide swaths of Iraq with no electricity or gas. But damn, them oil wells are pumpin'.

This may sound harsh but a war for oil is a thing that needed to be done!

People do not deserve to die over the oil but invading Iraq for her oil was a good thing!

The world economy is based on oil and without we would have nothing!

The US were right to oust Saddam and are right in wanting Iraq's oil!

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Identity_Unknown:

People do not deserve to die over the oil but invading Iraq for her oil was a good thing!

So are YOU in Iraq right now following these convictions, or are you letting other people fight and die for your full tank of gas in your automobile?

So what are you saying? White people do not deserve to die over the oil?

That it is okay for a US President to lie to his electorate in order to get the oil?

Please explain.

jako

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Jakomo]

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Identity_Unknown

You are one sick f**k. Sorry, there's no nice way to put it.

[edit on 2-6-2005 by Moe Foe]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join