It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station Oxygen Generator Dies: 140 Days left

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Article Here

CAPE CANAVERAL - A balky Russian oxygen generator broke down on the International Space Station, but its two-man crew has a reserve air supply that would last about five months, NASA officials said Friday.

How an Oxygen Generator Works

It seems that the lifespan of the ISS is a bit shorter than expected, unless of course they can get a new one up there.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
oh oh, looks like the crew of the International Space Station are doomed. Damn, and the ISS showed so much progress. This is really quite unfortunate. I suppose that this will delay the space program in the US and internationally, for decades. Hey, wait! I know! Why don't we just send up a replacement air generation system as well additional reserves of oxygen. Wow.....problem solved. That was a close one, eh?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I thought topics could exist on both ATSNN and ATS?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Yes, they can. 'cause on ATSNN they don't like you saying "OMG what if they run out of air and we can't get them help in time and aliens rescue them??!!"

See, I wanted to say that all day.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darwinman1
I thought topics could exist on both ATSNN and ATS?

They can. The standing rule for ATS is that no more than one discussion per topic within 10 days. So you're good.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Didn't this generator die once before? Or was that the one on MIR?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You know if they run out of oxygen there is a "escape capsule" they can use to get back to earth. not like they are going to be stuck up there to suffocate.

plenty of time to send up a rocket to give them replacement equipment.. jsut a matter of having a rocket to go into space in the first place

top topics

join