It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIN - With Teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Has anyone here listened to NIN's new album? If so, what's the feedback? Good, bad, great, horrible?

In my opinion, it's a piece of crap. I kind of stop listened to NIN a few years back, but always always loved the older stuff, like the Downward Spiral, The Fragile, etc., and I listened to this album twice so far, and I'm just not feeling it. I cannot get into it... Even worse, I'm not even remotely liking it. Bite the Hand that Feeds is an alright song, it's catchy, etc., etc., but it's not what I used to love about NIN.

How do you all feel?

[edit on 17-5-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's as if Trent Reznor took a big fat # on my face and then made me eat it.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Don't have it yet. Heard "The Hand That Feeds" (mediocre), "The Collector"
, and the song with title like the previous The Day The World Went Away but sounds more like Same Day Everyday

With N.I.N. it's teenage angst Groundhog Day every day, all day long.

But that's what makes it fun huh.

Did you ever hear the mashup Spice Girls Wannabe and NIN Closer, or the Super Mario Bros version of Closer, or even the psychobilly Nine Inch Richards' "Closer To Hogs"?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The Hand That Feeds is a great song imo.

I have yet to hear more songs from the ablum though. So as for buying it, I say wait a little longer before making your decision.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I actually like the album. It's not like Downward Spiral, or The Fragile, and in a way I think that's a good thing. It's not a concept album (at least from what I've heard), it's just a collection of songs. There is no underlying story. For me at least, that makes it a lot easier to listen to each individual song, instead of thinking about it in context. I think each song has it's place in many people's lives, one way or another, and I think Reznor did a great job of keeping the album from tilting one way or the other on the emotional scales.

One of the things that I like about Reznor is that he writes each album independently of the others. Downward Spiral, The Fragile, Pretty Hate Machine, they all have their place in his past, but they're in his past. He's moved on, and so has his music. He's one of the few "popular" artists in the world who at least seems to do his own thing, and I have a lot of respect for that. He isn't the same person he was when he did "Closer," nor was he the same when he did "Starf****** Inc." This album is, in my understanding at least, a view into who he is more recently. While you can go out and buy an album from one artist, expect it to be pretty much the same thing they did the last 5 or 6 albums, and not be disappointed, even just from what I've seen Trent doesn't do that. You get the rock sound, you get the noise, but each album is a different entity.

Okay, that's my $0.02...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Personally i like it quite alot, but compared to their older stuff it does suck. I thnk they need to change a little bit it sounds to much like their old stuff but just doesnt compare.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
it was not what I would expect ........

cry irl

its boring if anything.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
definately not there best but i like it.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've listened to whole album again since my last post here, and it's still not grown on me any more. I'm not giving up on it, though. Its happened before when there are albums I can't listen to, put them away for a few months, and then relisten, and it knocks my socks off.

Hope this will be one of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

never cared much for NIN, I'm more into puppy, seems like TR copy/pasted Sp's style.

top topics

join