It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim double standard on religious desecration?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well with Newsweek creating a big problem, where is the fairness?

Is there a double standard? I believe there is and have been saying so for quite a while.

Islamic world blasted for protesting Quran 'story' yet staying silent on trashing of other faiths' sites

Posted: May 17, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Aaron Klein
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

JERUSALEM – With Muslims worldwide protesting a now-retracted Newsweek report that claimed U.S. Army interrogators at Guantanamo Bay had flushed a Quran down the toilet, the father of a rabbi who was murdered while trying to defend a Jewish holy site from Palestinian rioters blasted Muslim leaders yesterday in an exclusive WorldNetDaily interview.

Rabbi Zevulun Lieberman, whose son Hillel died trying to save Joseph's Tomb in the West Bank city of Nablus from Muslim rioters, told WND he is "sickened by this Muslim outcry when Muslims have shown the world they don't have any respect for religion whatsoever. They lost the right to protest about disrespect for religion and holy objects a long time ago."

Accusing Muslim leadership of using the Newsweek story to create "anti-American incitement," Lieberman asked, "Where were the protesters when Muslims desecrated Joseph's Tomb and other sites?"

LINK to Story

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well,
If you go by what some here on ATS say, there is no double standard as all things related to America, chritisanity, etc. is ultimately evil and anyone associated or support them are by default stupid and ignorant.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by kenshiro2012]

[edit on 17-5-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Of course there is a double standard, what do you expect from a culture stuck in the the 13th century? Im sure jacking up a Bible in the 1300s was a horrible thing too. Now, I could care less about any Bible burnings. Im sure most modern Christians get over this quickly, since Christians know being a Christian is not always a cakewalk.

The muslims just wanted an excuse to go out and hack a bunch of people to death. Maybe Newsweek wanted to see if they could do this from the beginning, some kind of prep work for the next election cycle.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As much as it pains me to agree with ed (you know I love ya
) I have to agree here.

I wonder how much respect is shown the Bibles confiscated by the Religious police in Saudi Arabia?

How much respect was shown the Buddhist statutes in Afghanistan?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Exactly right. the Muslim religion teachs no tolerance of others, while most other religions do. Muslims are violent, the fanatic ones. Christians can be, but alot of Christians obey the laws of the land and do go around like roving murders hacking off heads for Jesus.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This doesn't limit itself to one religion in particular. There are fanatics of every religion. Religious fanatics can be very dangerous. What is most disturbing are peoples inability to even truly understand their own professed religion. These fanatics are often uneducated followers who depend on their biased leadership to instruct them to what their religion is. In many cases these fanatics cannot even read, and are unable to take an original text and interpret it for themselves. Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc....all religions have their problematic fanatics, some just have more than others.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
This doesn't limit itself to one religion in particular. There are fanatics of every religion. Religious fanatics can be very dangerous. What is most disturbing are peoples inability to even truly understand their own professed religion. These fanatics are often uneducated followers who depend on their biased leadership to instruct them to what their religion is. In many cases these fanatics cannot even read, and are unable to take an original text and interpret it for themselves. Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc....all religions have their problematic fanatics, some just have more than others.

This was Beautiful

I could not have summed it up better myself.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately, we already know the WorldNutDaily are a bunch of liars.

However there certainly is a double standard. A number of muslims were enraged over a rumour about a book being torn up by a muslim. Yet the taliban blew up the ancient giant statues of buddha. There are many korans. There was only one of each of those enourmous statues. The muslims, having a code to not create images, would, upon seizing a church and converting it to an islamic temple, destroy and deface the icons, statues, and frescoes in them. Just look at the Hagia Sofia. There's definitly a double standard.

Of course, if a bible had been flushed down the toilet at gitmo, WorldNutDaily would report it, as a front page story, without even attempting to verify it. So apparently there are lots of double standards.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmukAs much as it pains me to agree with ed (you know I love ya
) I have to agree here.

Back at ya!

Originally posted by AmukI wonder how much respect is shown the Bibles confiscated by the Religious police in Saudi Arabia?

None....and the owner can be killed if a Saudi.

Originally posted by AmukHow much respect was shown the Buddhist statutes in Afghanistan?

I thought of the EXACT same thing when I think of Peaceful Islam, the WHOLE World begged them not to and yet.....

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
FLUSH TO JUDGMENT
Palestinians used Bible
toilet paper
Muslims' desecration of holy book received little notice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: May 18, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

"
While Muslims have responded with deadly outrage to the now-retracted report by Newsweek of alleged Quran desecration by U.S. interrogators, there was little outcry three years ago when Islamic terrorists holed up in Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity reportedly used the Bible as toilet paper.
"

... www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Well, that doesnt surprise me, some people will call this a racist comment
but i was always told in middle eastern countries it is an insult to offer your hand to shake because they use one hand for wiping and one for eating and when you get caught stealing they cut off the hand you eat with so you have to eat with the same hand you wipe with. (they dont usually use toilet paper i guess). anyway this was what i was told so dont go blasting me saying im lying because it could well be that, but this is what i heard.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
www.worldnetdaily.com...
Official PA sermon: Muslims will rule America
Government-paid sheik says Jews a virus to be destroyed

An Islamic preacher on the payroll of the Palestinian Authority gave a fiery sermon broadcast on PA television in which he vowed Muslims would rule America and called Jews an AIDS-like virus that will soon be finished off.

"Allah has tormented us with 'the people most hostile to the believers' – the Jews," said Sheik Ibrahim Mudeiris in his Friday sermon, which is viewable on the Middle East Media Research Institute website.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Imagine if a jewish rabbi had said that?!
The world would cry out about jewish hatred. The whole world is a double standard when it comes to jews or christians.

Go read the story.

Of course.. I know there are people here in this thread that will say

posted on 17-5-2005 at 13:08
Unfortunately, we already know the WorldNutDaily are a bunch of liars.

But those people can go with you and view it on arab TV at the link in the story.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by jake1997]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
double post...

[edit on 18-5-2005 by jake1997]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Well of course it is a double standard, and the odd part is no Muslims will give their opinion.

They can speak ill of Jews and Christians, but if someone speaks Ill of Islam they get killed.

Yeah, things are going to boil soon , so the "moderate" Islam folks had better start speaking up soon, oh wait, they get killed when they do that.....

Gee...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
This doesn't limit itself to one religion in particular. There are fanatics of every religion. Religious fanatics can be very dangerous. ...

Are you sure? When was the last time fanatical quakers did suicide bombings?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah we muslims dont accept other religions that is why that there were still christians and jews in territory which is muslim for centuries now. Dont look at these isolated cases. These kind of things are totally not supported by the qu'ran. Just because some muslims did it doesnt mean that they did it from a religious standpoint or that all muslims do that. I have the feeling noone will remember this post of the anti muslim side.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnonei was always told in middle eastern countries it is an insult to offer your hand to shake because they use one hand for wiping and one for eating and when you get caught stealing they cut off the hand you eat with so you have to eat with the same hand you wipe with

This is an urban myth. Muslims consider the left hand sinister, just like the latins, its an old tradition, a superstition.

They don't wipe poo off their asses with their hands.

Here is how I suspect this myth started.

I have been told that in the places like pakistan, and presumably elsewhere, the public toilets are bedays. I suspect that what happens is that western tourists go to use the bathroom, are unfamiliar with the setup, which might be different from a traditional beday, see no paper, and figure 'these dirty moslems must use their hands' possible followed up with a 'oh well, when in rome' and a reach around.

I've never heard anyone from those regions say that they do this, I've been told by people from there that they use bedays and regular bath rooms, muslims are obessed with washing their bodies in running water (showers, not baths, because bathwater and standing water is 'dirty water'), its unthinkable that they do something like that. I've also been told that Indians do this, and not muslims.

Its called a stereotype, one that is obtained in ignorance and passed on in ignorance.

A muslim will preferentially use one hand to eat with and greet with because they are supersitious and traditional, not because they don't use toilet paper.

jake1997
But those people can go with you and view it on arab TV at the link in the story.

I'm not saying everything they say are lies. I am saying that they are liars in general, and that they are not good sources for, well, anything.

Tomcat Ha hits the nail on the head. If all muslims, if Islam, was intolerant, required 'convert of die' or any of that BS, there wouldn't be native jews in iraq, christians in turkey, zoroasterians in Iran, etc etc.

But, lets also remember, a lot of middle eastern societies are extremely intolerant. In Saudi Arabia, not only is christianity illegal, but being a Shi'ite is absolutely illegal. Shi'ites are near apostates for them. In other places, like Pakistan, there is more diversity, and a range of diversity within the country; compare the cities and the south to the walled waziristani villages. Compare the esoteric and philosophical Alawite sect to the Wahhabists. There's a variety. Part of that variety includes a hypocritcal and intolerate group of extremists, who riot over a rumour about the koran, but exectute evangelicals.

Then again, that hypocrisy is not limited to muslims. A lot of people get upset over christians being imprisoned in Saudi Arabia, but aren't concerned about Shia being arrested under the same law, IE, they want special treatment, not religious tolerance.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Shaking hands has nothing to do with religion really.

Yeah there are intolereant muslim states but these kind of countries are quite new.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Is there a double standard?

absolutely. When the Muslim fanatics took over the Church of
the Nativity two years ago (I think it was 2 years ago), they
left broken wine bottle, cigarette butts, and other trash all
over the church. They used the bible as toilet paper. Gee ...
it's okay for them to do all that, but not okay for someone
to sit on the Quran without a death sentence being passed on
him?? Yeah, right. Give me a freak'n break.

Definately ... double standard.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
Yeah we muslims dont accept other religions that is why that there were still christians and jews in territory which is muslim for centuries now. Dont look at these isolated cases. These kind of things are totally not supported by the qu'ran. Just because some muslims did it doesnt mean that they did it from a religious standpoint or that all muslims do that. I have the feeling noone will remember this post of the anti muslim side.

I will and thank you for your opinions and response.

So if it is just a few, then why no outcry from the 'moderate'? Is it because of fear of reprisal?

As for Christians and Jews in Muslim countries, believe it or not, Iraq was the most friendly of the Arab nations in that regard, as Saddam was secular. Still, it is not like the West were they are somewhat equal in society by any means, they are still persecuted. That they are tolerated would be better description.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join