It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silliest conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ok this may be interesting what is the silliest conspiracy you have heard about that some one really believes in.

For me it would be this guy that says (not the flat earth society I know that’s a joke site) the earth is flat and that the space program and modern maps are one giant conspiracy.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thats a good one.

The most widely beleived conspiracy that I think is the silliest is the Icke Conspiracy, that giant lizard men from another dimension are on earth, running england and most of the world, and that they can shape shift into human form and that they like to eat babies.

Of course, Creationism is a balls out silly conspiracy also, and its got even bigger support.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
1) lizards from the 4th dimension. Doesn't get any better than that
2) moon landing hoax.
3) John Titor. I mean the guy claims to have met himself while time travelling. Please

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
is the errosion rocks explains the evolution of biological organisms.
Sorry Charlie...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by saint4God]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think most of them are silly, I guess these are the silliest to me:

• Faked moon landing
  • 9/11 Conspiracies
  • Shape-shifting lizards
  • Chemtrails

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would have to say Icke hands down as number one

1. David Icke....LOL what can I say. The man could prove it with a cigarette butt from any of the 100s of thousands of people he claims are lizards or the MILLIONS of there third cousins who would STILL have the DNA yet claims proof is impossible......yah right Davy

2. Creationists.....sorry I could buy God creating man and even creating the universe but when you say its only 6000 years old you shoot yourself in the foot.

3. Moon landing hoax. Our government cant keep the President getting a BJ secret but we have maintained this with thousands of people in on it? PLEASE

4. The two party system in America....can you tell me the difference between thew two?

Some lesser known ones that I love are........

1. Flat Earth....Nuff said

2.The moon is not barren but a lush green world with people living on it. I guess the fact you could see this with the naked eye doesn't matter.

3. Japanese/Nazi moon and/or Mars landing pre WW2.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
2. Creationists.....sorry I could buy God creating man and even creating the universe but when you say its only 6000 years old you shoot yourself in the foot.

*flips through the pages* My Book doesn't say 6,000 years old. What translation is that?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

*flips through the pages* My Book doesn't say 6,000 years old. What translation is that?

A lot of creationists use this number even the ones on this board

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
1. Icke
2. Hollow Earth
3. Creationism

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think you can make an estimate of the age of the Earth as per the Bible by looking at the births, deaths, lifespans etc. of the people mentioned going back to Adam and it comes out to something like that figure.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Amuk! Thanks... YOu've hit some nails right on the head.

Saint4God... Some of the fundamentalists going back to a fellow named Bishop Somethingorother Usher claim the world is only 6,000 years old. Seems that the fine Bishop added up all the lfetime lengths mentioned in the bible and they go back only about 6,000 years to Adam.

Forgot to mention some of my favorite silliest:

Mason's taking over the world.
Dulce
Smthsonian Institution hiding all the secret history.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by sigung86]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I like Sitchin's "Nibble-you and the Sumerians", and Indigo's "
Nuclear Indians of Millennia Gone By"

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
I like Sitchin's "Nibble-you and the Sumerians", and Indigo's "
Nuclear Indians of Millennia Gone By"

Yeah those are insane, but I think that they have so few followers I wouldn't even consider them a real conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
creationism as a conspiracy. I'd never thought of it like that. As far as the 6,000 number...

www.religioustolerance.org...
Both estimates are in conflict with the most common interpretations of the biblical accounts of creation, which are 6,000 to 10,000 years.

www.bible.ca...
Did you know that the Bible clearly teaches that the earth is less than 10,000 years old?

the funny thing is there is a mayan calendar almost 10,000 years old......
belize1.com...
In China, next year will be 4698. In the Jewish places, the date will be 5760/61. In Islam the date is 1421. In India the date is 1922 for the Sakra Era. The Belizean Maya have the date from the old calendar at 9994, while if you calculate from this new Mayan calendar cycle the date is 4994.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
the age of the earth is not in the Bible, but a peron can make a lot of assumptions to fit a timeline if they really want it to. Am I understanding correctly?

[edit on 18-5-2005 by saint4God]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
the age of the earth is not in the Bible, but a peron can make a lot of assumptions to fit a timeline if they really want it to. Am I understanding correctly?

What I am saying is that most Creationists I have heard use the 6000-10000 year range as the age of the Earth,

Most also claim it has nothing to do with the Bible

Are you saying that its not true?

Are you saying Creationism ONLY stems from the Bible?

Have they been lying just to promote there religious beliefs?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What I am saying is that most Creationists I have heard use the 6000-10000 year range as the age of the Earth,

Most also claim it has nothing to do with the Bible

Ah good. Thank you.

Are you saying that its not true?

I do not see any evidence either in the Bible nor in science that dates the earth to be 6,000 years. If there is some, I'd like to see it. I've read the 'claims' over and over again but they all seem to base off of assumptions, which as we all should know if we don't already, creates an unsubstantiated argument.

Are you saying Creationism ONLY stems from the Bible?

In the context as I've heard it here, which is that God created the universe, then it should be the foundation of any argument.

Have they been lying just to promote there religious beliefs

I do not know. Nor do I know what the point would be to lying. A conspiracy just to debunk evolution? Evolution hollows itself out, one does not need to involve God or the Bible to do that.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There are so many. Where do we start??

FDR and Pearl Harbor is always a good one.

Kennedy assassination.

Of course, Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.

Alien abductions are good for a laugh.

The elections of 2000 and 2004.

The Iraqi war and oil (or is Afghanistan really about oil, the conspiracy theorists have so many conflicting versions they cannot get their stories straight).

The environmental industry has come up with some lulus -- for example Mt. St. Helens was intentionally erupted so it could be salvage logged.

I am amused at the references to Creationism here. The evangelistic fundamentalists are very well politically organized, and are getting a lot of media attention now, but they really represent only a small minority of all Christians. The majority of the rank and file Christians in the U.S. and worldwide have no conflict between Genesis and science. Each has a time and place for application and are able to keep them separate and in proper context.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by dave_54]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Looks like the Ickish conspiracy is the frontrunner! With creationism a surprising, yet controversial second.

The 911 conspiracy is perhaps too heated to be considered 'silly', but thats another good one. Hijack planes, land them, execute the passengers, simultaneously have a similar, but not identical (no windows) take off, be piloted by remote control, fly by the pentagon, and then fire a cruise missle into the pentagon, take peices of the executed passengers and original plane, sprinkle it on the pentagon. It would be silly, if there wasn't a war over it. I mean, if people actually raised up in revolt over the Reptilian Royals, and it started a civil war in England and had descendants of royals rounded up and executed all over Europe, we wouldn't say it was funny.

Similar,y the NWO Illuminati Conspiracy or the Jooooos are taking over the world conspriacy is 'not funny', what with the holocaust and all.

Hmmmm.

What are the most destructive conspiracies??

I'd say that the Cataline Conspiracy was destructive, but very old. I think that the NWO-Illuminati-Jews Conspiracy advocated by Hitler and the germans in WWII is neck and neck with the "The Bourgoise Capitalists are enslaving the Working Class" Conspiracy, in terms of raw and concentrated destruction.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
good topic..................

1) the reptilian thing just is out there for me....shapeshifters running england....makes me laugh every time i read it.
2) the 9/11 conspiracy gets me too.
3)i saw someone mention the FDR and PEARL HARBOR that's also a good one.
4) moon landing a hoax.

i'm sure i can come up with a bunch more............just gotta search the OLD THREADS out here

angie

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join