It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TR-3A Black Manta- here's what I know!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALiCCE
a reply to: stratsys-sws

Indeed. Holographic drives may be slower, but they can contain much more data for their size. Also, DNA storage is interesting...

Hypothetically speaking perhaps that was an advantage ten years ago, but now we're looking at 18TB in a 2.5 inch Solid state chip! By the time you add a read/write device to an optical drive size is not an issue. No company is yet to succeed in the production and sales of a Holographic Hard Drive, for many reasons.

The energy consumption would also be much much higher, therefore heat production would be too. In a datacentre those are your considerations, far more important than space.

Even when breakthroughs like this occur, two years later we're still not seeing Holodrives being marketed.

Shame though, a 'graphene nanotube holographic drive' sounds so much cooler than SSD!

Blackfinger, again absolutely no reflection on you and no offence intended but that long extract by blindbybelief is a load of tripe!

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
None taken mate

Im gravitating to the general consensus of mercury in a centrifuge powering the Doritos.Power usage is always going to be a sticking point with a lot of high energy projects.With them being seen around the last 30 odd years you have to look at was available back then and what companies/research houses were making breakthroughs.But it is good to muse...
edit on 5-11-2015 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ghost

I don't know if you still check this account. I just started an account to say that I am 100% positive I saw this aircraft. It was probably in 2005 or 2006. I was on the west side of Camano Island. Right across the water is Whidbey island and they Do have a base. I was going home and I was with a friend. It was somewhere in between 11pm-1am. We saw a low flying aircraft across a field just about to a tree line. I made a comment about how crazy it would be if that plane went down and crashed. Which a super small airport on Camano Island and the airforce base across the water, we saw quite a bit of air traffic. After I made the comment we didn't really think about it again. Then we went to an area that was thick fir trees on both sides of the road and lots of s-curves for a bout 4 miles or so. For that stretch of road, the only visible sky is only directly above the road because of the tall trees on both sides of the road. We were just listening to music and doing small talk about nothing in particular. As we went around one of the s-curves there was the aircraft. It was literally sitting right on top of the tree line. We stopped right in the middle of the street. We sat right under it. The lights on the bottom was in a triangular formation. It wasnt moving slow. It was hovering right on top of the trees. We had the music turned down immediately and the windows down. My buddy just grabbed my arm and just squeezed. He just kept yelling "DAN! DAN!" Both of us are leaned out our windows looking up. I am not a pilot and never worked on planes but I did live across the water From a base and heard tons of planes everyday. They would rattle my windows at my house and they didn't even have to be close at all. This plane we saw that night was unbelievably close. Unusually close and it barely put off a noise at all. That thing should have caused ear damage for how close it was but it was just putting off a light hum. It seemed like we were under it for 10 minutes but it was closer to 1 minute. Then my buddy flashed his lights and I wouldnt have thought that would have done anything but right after he did that, the plane at a standstill hover pivoted and flew extremely fast west towards the base. For how incredible the decibel it was sitting above us, it was just as incredible how fast it decided to go from zero to who knows how fast. It was an incredible sight to see. I never have seen anything on these planes until tonight so I had to share my story. Who knows if I'm too late to tell the story but there it is

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: VonBurner
Thank you for sharing it. I'm not sure if Ghost is still around these parts, he was a regular contributor back then. You have an interesting story none the less.

edit on 4-7-2019 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Yes the Black Tris are getting seen a hell of a lot more now..Wont be long before everyone starts seeing Tic Tacs everywhere.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

I have been searching along time for what it was. I could never find it. I kind of stopped looking for the answer probably about 4 years ago. I should say I lowered it on my priority list. After reading about it the other night, I have zero doubt. I don't know how command they are now but still to this day it was probably the craziest thing I have ever seen in my life.. Sorry for boring whoever read all that all the way through. I was just excited to explain it for the first time since I found out what it was.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join