It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPEG or AVi's of meteors or comets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I know with all the research folks here we can get some great links that have "near misses" and such. I have looked but maybe I am looking in the wrong places. I saw a video on TV once that had a meteor shooting across the sky in broad daylight and it was BIG. I have tried to find it but to no avail. Any help out there is greatly appreciated. I did find a site that had the aftermath of the Siberian explosion. Sheesh that was scarey to think whaqt would have happened if the thing had hit a populated area.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is from last year. The web page has a link to the video near the top of the page.
www.xs4all.nl...

I have not been able to find the one filmed over the U.S. from about 20 years (?) ago. But I'll do a bit more checking. I thought I had a copy of it around here but my disc indexing has fallen behind, and I just can't find it right now.

Here's one that flew over the North Sea, and the sight has a link to a video, but I haven't viewed it yet.
www.popastro.com...

Also google "daylight meteor video" and you should get lots of links from various astronomy web pages. Happy hunting, this is a great topic.......

new topics

join