It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White Rodney King

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't trust anyone who has been given any sort of authority over me that I did not grant. But then again, I trust no one.

Still, I do not hate cops. My uncle was a cop. It is the laws they enforce that I have a problem with. It is the law makers and lobby groups who want to enforce their will on the rest of us. Cops are merely a neutral tool. They can be a force of good and stability, or an instrument of oppresion. It really boils down to whoever is in control of creating the laws.

I am always respectful towards cops, they fill a necessary role in society, but I would not say I trust them, mainly because they used by those in power to protect THEM, not me. When it coems to my own well being and self preservation, I rely on myself. A cop cannot care as much about my safety as I can. He cannot be expected to. He is there to enforce the will of whatever establishment employs him. At the current time, it appears to be a degenerate and corrupt one.

I am rather irritated by the liberal media bias in reporting interacial crime. Statistically speaking, more than 80% of black murder victims have been killed by another black person. Yet even the smallest case of mistreatment by a white person sends the media into a witch hunt, plastering "hate crime" all over the place, making one isolated incident into a national case. When they do this, they only serve to create racial tension and anger where before, there probably was was little.

I find the media's attitude towards blacks to be condescening and patronizing, and they really send the civil rights establishment back into the dark ages of the 1950's. Weve come a long way since then, yet it seems that many liberals, who are supposed to be progressive, like to jump up and pretend its the 1960's again. Liberal whites stumble over one another in a rush to see who can be "super white men, defender of weak blacks from the oppresive man".

Its that sort of condescening attitude, I think, is why there seems to be a slow but stead creep of blacks into the conservative areana.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I hadn't heard the report on this one....hope he sues the cop for assault.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This guy will easily get a couple mill of the Police Department. It doesnt matter what color he was or the cop was. What matters is police brutality. Theres still lots of it. The King case was far different than this. It is brutality yes but isnt racist until the media makes it racist.

<< 1   >>

join