It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grey Lady Of Stoneham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is my very own local haunting issue. I live in Eastleigh (in England near Southampton) and just outside of the town is a place called Stoneham Lane. Down this long, long lane is a church with only one hand on the clock. Its quite well known and is called the, you guessed it, One Handed Clock (or church whatever floats your boat)

There is a story that comes with this church and that it is haunted by an old women, The Grey Lady. She can be seen inside and out of the church. Inside the church she is seen doing chores and outside she has been seen wandering around the graveyard and standing/kneeling/whatever near one paticular gravestone.

This would make me beleive that she was a worker at the church and that she had a relative buried there, maybe her husband, and thats why she was working there, to be with him/her more often.

Now I have never seen the apparition but rest assured that some of my Dads friends have and theys said that you could see her out of the corner of your eye, but when you looked, there was nothing there!
I do intend somewhen to go there and take some pics and see if I can see anything. The pics will also help people know what the cplace looks like.

I havnt came to a conclusion about what I beleive but maybe some of you guys live near here as well and know a bit more.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
well I've heard of the famous "grey lady" ghost in that castle somewhere in your part of the world, but not of this one. Please do go visit and take some pictures. I would love to see the church and the graveyard if you can manage it.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Havnt heard of the castle one, have to search for that when I have a spare minute. I should have the pics up by Friday so watch this space!

new topics

join