It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Sun Valley Resort ("Disneyland for billionaires") Bohemian Club Lite?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have a book that talks about Sun Valley Retreat :

"Uberfinancier Herb Allen's invitation-only (and until recently, boys-only) Idaho summer camp, called "Disneyland for billionaires", for media and communications moguls. Begun in 1982, it's not as private or dark as the Bohemian Club, but just as many deals are made here, such as the initial get-together (via Warren Buffett) between the heads of Disney, Inc. and Cap Cities/ABC that eventually led to the creation of Disney/Cap Cities."

I tried searching for it, all I really found was this.....

In 1935 Averell Harriman, the patrician chairman of the Union Pacific Railroad, decided that what America needed was a fabulous destination ski resort in the West—a New World Saint Moritz to which Union Pacific would transport Pullman cars full of skiers. Harriman hired Count Felix Schaffgotsch, an old chamois-hunting buddy from Austria, to scout locations. The ideal spot would have plenty of sun and powder snow. And it would be far enough from big cities that people wouldn't just dash up for the day in their automobiles.

For more of this article, go here : www.viamagazine.com...

The only other thing I know is that Senator John Kerry has an estate nearby. If anyone knows anything, please share with the class............

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Enigmatic Debris]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I guess some things are olny interesting to me. I apologize about your lack of understanding, if that's what it is.................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... ...........................................................

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
you're obviously just trying to get more points by posting on your own thread! we're all on to you

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No, I thought it was interesting that i couldn't find out about a club less-secretive than Bohemian Grove. That's all. Hoping for information. Instead I got silence then insult. Thanks. I needed that. Let me know when your spirit needs crushing, will ya?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
SHEEP............................................................................................................

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
omfg ! industry leaders getting together at a nice place, and they did business !

well, considering its all expensed as a business trip, its the least they could do.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Seems as though you were having trouble with your "Weirdest Alien Tails" thread........

---------------
posted on 18-5-2005 at 10:14 AM Post Number: 1394128 (post id: 1416021)
why does no-one reply to some of my threads???????????????? i really want to know your views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------

It's people like you that hate gays, just because you're afraid you are one. Grow up.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Do you have to be a smart-a$$ like him too. I just want some infomation, that's all.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
Do you have to be a smart-a$$ like him too. I just want some infomation, that's all.

I have none for you.

Maybe I am missing something but it seems to me to be a ski resort. I did not come across anything nefarious in the article you linked.

The $1.5 million Sun Valley Lodge was finished by December 1936. At the opening, some 300 guests, including Claudette Colbert, David Selznick, and Joan Bennett, sipped manhattans and supped on brioche au caviareand ananas surprisein the dining room of the brand-new resort in the middle of nowhere. Madeleine Carroll and Errol Flynn showed up a few days later. Hannagan's scheme had been brilliant; Sun Valley was an instant hit.
www.viamagazine.com...

Perhapse you could enlighten us / me to what you think is going on in Bohemia Lite as you call it, please.

Sun Valley Resort

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't know why, but it is referenced as so in a book. Hence the question. Seems strange that the only thing I could find is a fluff piece, is all.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Who goes there & what meeting take place? The Manhatten Project was created at the Bohemian Club, what, other than Disney/Cap Cities, has been decided At Sun Valley? Too many rich white vacationing men not be be something more devious that Mickey Mouses' annual raise.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Enigmatic Debris]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
move along, there's nothing to see here, move along

new topics

top topics

join