It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussie UFO Sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This was a scan from the Melbourne Herald Sun I thought I'd share with everyone. Had me fascinated, coz I think I've seen similar stuff in the sky at night when I'm up in the hills. But there were never THIS many. Usually three or four. I scanned in and uploaded the pic coz the HS web-site didn't have the pics, just the text.

See the pic here: Herald Sun Sunday 15th May 2005

So Whaddaya think?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hey buddy, I'm from Melb, and I was happy to see it published in the first place.

Don't know if the AGE ran with it, but I was happy they didn't put a negative spin on it and left it open ended.

Well from what I can gather, it wasn't a domestic / international plane or swamp gas, so it is very interesting.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
AUSTRALIA ROCKS!

I don't think it's aircraft, coz I've seen these things. There is an emergency runway near my place, but it's just a strip, and not big enough to handle the 3 or 4 craft I've seen. There's a bigger strip some kilometers away in a bigger town, but again not big enough

There are also swamps nearby (dunno where. I don't stray that far), but swamp gas doesn't move like that! It was a fast paced weaving in the sky. The Sale Roulettes come from another town about 1 hour away, but they can't move THAT fast left and right... hmmm.

I must track down someone with the age paper, maybe my ex compter teacher has one...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Interesting wonder if any 1 has got it on film

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yes, it would be interesting to have a video footage of the event, or at least a bigger and clearer photo.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Probaly another hoax, no reports since it was in Herald Sun which is strange. You got catch these things on Video Film. Any one can get a piece of Black Card board punch pin holes in it put 100watt globe behind it then take a Pic...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Here was another one a few days earlier in Tassie.

Angler convinced of UFO sighting

AN unidentified flying object in the sky above Squeaking Point has baffled a Burnie man.

John Walker yesterday said he was now "a believer" unless someone could explain what he saw.

Mr Walker was fishing alone about 10a.m. on Wednesday when he saw a grey bullet-shaped object moving across the sky.

"I don't know what you would call it," he said.

" It was about 100 to 150 feet off the ground, (and) the size of a house.

"I didn't hear a noise.

"It just moved along nice and slow and I probably watched it for 15 minutes, then all of a sudden it disappeared."

Mr Walker said the object had silver spots on it, but no lights.

He said it was a beautiful day, with no wind.

"It definitely wasn't a weather balloon," he said.

"I've seen those before.

"It's out of the ordinary."

Mr Walker said he was usually sceptical about flying saucer theories, but he planned to report his experience to the Tasmanian UFO Investigation Centre.

Centre investigator Keith Roberts yesterday said he had not received any similar reports, but he would like to hear from Mr Walker.

Mr Roberts said the nearby Devonport Airport might have some explanation and che

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Not good enough one person sighting it, got to be a group of people with video camera. You certain he was not drinkin a bottle of Johnny Walker?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Agree but often there is a series of events. Should have explain what I was trying to convey.

As for the Johnny Walker the last guy was in Tasmania - if he was on the booze it would be pumpkin rum....

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I can't drink coz of a medication I'm on
. But they did manage to catch footage of the lights:

Another Friend, Stuart Wilson, 24, managed to take video footage of the lights. The shaky footage shows a dozen pricks of light forming shapes...

I'll try and hunt down a link to the video if I can find it. Unless they have already been whacked by hired goons

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Seems like a few more saw the same thing.

heraldsun.news.com.au... >> scroll down till you see them.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I was shocked to read this thread, one of my friends in Melbourne was driving with his brother, and apparently saw some sort of anomaly about two weeks ago, I dismissed it at the time but now I'm not so sure.

join