It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of area 29?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I was talking to one of the monitors of the web site majestic documents and he said hes heard of a place called area 29. Has anyone ever heard of it? Also i was wondering what are the possibilities we have an underwater base. wouldnt we be able to put it just a few miles off a countries shore. ive read some documents from some one who said he had information that there was an underwater base off of chile. has any one heard of these places?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Area 29 exists! The catch is it's just that, A big open Area in the middle of the desert! No secret bases, No UFO's, No Black projects. I believe that Area 29 is a tactical bombing ranged. The USAF sets up bombing targets out there to use for training and maybe testing of some new strike aircraft. As I said, it's nothing to get excited about!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
thanks you for the info

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Where exactly is Area29?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
In The NTS if you aquire a good military grade aeronautical map of the region it should show you exactly.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Area 29 is basically a region of rugged terrain in the desert used for weapons testing.

Source

Area 29 — This area, within the Reserved Zone, occupies 161 km2 (62 mi2) on the west-central border of the NTS. The site of a communications repeater station for the NTS is located in the Shoshone Mountains.

I think this might just be a normal testing site, when I searched about it, I didn't even see any theories of some mass underground facility.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Anybody know the number assigned the area situated in the Wicklow mountains in the east of Ireland?

Back in 1996, the aircraft carrier U.S.S. JFK visited Ireland.

www.dun-laoghaire.com/events/jfk96.html

Now, nothing this big or expensive gets moved about without a very good reason. Improve relations with Ireland? Relations have always (bar recent events) been very good.

This event coincided with two events in Ireland. The first was the controversy surrounding the building of a "Visitor's Centre" in the middle of the wicklow mountains (spot the irony in it's title). The project was abandoned at a point where nothing had been built over ground, but a large chunk of the mountain had been hollowed out.

Heralded as a White elephant, after the usual furore and finger-pointing died down, nothing more was heard about it since.

Cue the JFK arriving. Unreported in the news, but told to me by friends living in the area, over a period of two to three days, intensive low level patrols were carried out by US aircraft over the area surrounding the wicklow mountains.

The reason? Apparently, due to increased media and public interest in Area 51, the powers that be in the US delivered to Ireland some sensitive objects for storage. Information I heard recently ties in with stories I heard recently about the abandoned centre being used to store UFO parts, or even the whole vehicle. Who would think of looking there? In good old top o' the mornin', backward, living in farmhouses, Ireland?

Add to that the second event in which due to massive US investment, Ireland entered the Celtic Tiger economy and hasn't looked back since. A reward perhaps?

Also, while not related to UFO's, there was an increase in activity involving local psychics being brought "round trip to Nevada" as it was described to me, for what, noone knows, as they have refused to talk about it after they return.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Here's an article about Ireland and UFO's. Maybe your on to something. Its very interesting topic.

Note: When I try to go on to the page I loose connection while it loads up. It only worked when I stopped the loading, so only half the article is up.

www.angelfire.com/journal/IUFOPRAnews/statusreport.html

[edit on 18-5-2005 by White Widow]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thanks for that White Widow.

Some interesting cases in there. I do remember the flap in 1996 in the south west of Ireland. It was interesting to read all the reports concerning 1996 and the Wicklow mountains.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
After reading a few articles, seems that there just might be something in or around that mountain. My mouth is watering lmao, I have to go there.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just read some weird stuff, its seems people who go camping in Wicklow Mountains have seen "ghosts" lurking in the woods. I mean, many people have.

I don't personally think is ghosts. Possibly a hollogram. Alien cloaking. I don't know, its just weird.

I must go there. Next summer.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the good info everyone

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don't know if this counts as an underwater "base" but I've heard Montauk (at the east end of Long Island) has an underwater landing base for submarines.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient
Area 29 is basically a region of rugged terrain in the desert used for weapons testing.

Source

Area 29 — This area, within the Reserved Zone, occupies 161 km2 (62 mi2) on the west-central border of the NTS. The site of a communications repeater station for the NTS is located in the Shoshone Mountains.

I think this might just be a normal testing site, when I searched about it, I didn't even see any theories of some mass underground facility.

Thats what the establishment said about Area 51...before sh*t started surfacing.

Qwas I read about that too. Apparently it can be accessable by diving...but risky and I haven't read if anyone's has tried it.

I did read about a group of teens that tried to boat to the Montauk AFB, they "sank".
Who knows what really happened.
They probably got kidnapped, just like how many children and teens were kidnapped or abducted in Montauk and towns around the area. All back in the day of shotty human experimentation.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by White Widow]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Widow

I just read some weird stuff, its seems people who go camping in Wicklow Mountains have seen "ghosts" lurking in the woods. I mean, many people have.

The area is well known for hauntings and sitings of ghosts down through the years. There is also a history of satanic rituals being performed in the area. Also young women who go missing in the country tend to end up being found dead in this area.

Nearby Poulaphuca, can be translated from Irish to mean "the hole/hollow of the ghost/puck" and is reputed by as far back as Celtic times to be home to mischevious "sprites"!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniscient

Source

Thats what the establishment said about Area 51...before sh*t started surfacing.

Yes, but at least with Area 51, or at least to my knowledge there were almost always theories of it, and there was no hiding it with its long runways, and above ground facilities. This area, on the other hand has no visible purposes relating to this, and as far as I've heard, there aren't even any theories on an underground holding base for aliens/alien spacecraft/etc.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy

The area is well known for hauntings and sitings of ghosts down through the years. There is also a history of satanic rituals being performed in the area. Also young women who go missing in the country tend to end up being found dead in this area.

Nearby Poulaphuca, can be translated from Irish to mean "the hole/hollow of the ghost/puck" and is reputed by as far back as Celtic times to be home to mischevious "sprites"!

I guess that mountain is "well protected." Thats gonna make it harder.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I guess that mountain is "well protected." Thats gonna make it harder.

Given that there is a military artillery range in the area and that the forests are state forests and thus require permission to enter the deeper parts I wouldn't think they were going to make it easy on anyone trying to go have a peek!

While asking about with some old friends, I was pointed towards a news story. A group of armed men were found in the area. Now the news purports that they were an IRA training camp. Could very well have been. If a group this well armed and equipped could be so easily detected and detained than that is a good sign of the security in place.

Unless you play the "dumb tourist" routine and wander in, I don't see you getting very far. Never mind the reputation for people going missing around there. I can see the headline already. "Tourist found dead at foot of cliff. Tragic accident." So be careful!!!

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
As a general rule, anyone who tells you about a secret government base outside of the old nuclear testing areas in Nevada which is called "area __" is just making it up because he doesn't realize where area 51 got its name.

Area 51 is named for the number of the nuclear testing grid that it occupies.

I didn't know about the real area 29 everyone is talking about, but that sounds pretty reasonable.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

As a general rule, anyone who tells you about a secret government base outside of the old nuclear testing areas in Nevada which is called "area __" is just making it up because he doesn't realize where area 51 got its name.

I agree wholeheartedly. I have no idea what this area is called in Ireland. What I heard it once being referred to was "The area 51 of Ireland" which gives everyone the right idea about what we are talking about and what it is supposed to contain.

The guys I referred to earlier getting "round trips to Nevada" never mentioned going to Area 51, or any other area. I assume that there is a multitude of other facilities there, a lot of which nobody knows what they are called.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join