It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Beer Drinking Team

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This one's right up my alley, where do I sign up? If there are no spots left I may start an ATS Beer Drinking Team.

"He's the founder and commissioner of the U.S. Beer Drinking Team, and aims to unite America�s roughly 90 million beer drinkers. And eventually the global beer-drinking community.

Dennis Buettner is quite serious about this team, a club driven entirely by the Internet and by an idea so advanced it could only have been born at NASA. That�s where Buettner, 40, works. He helps fly satellites. He was working late at the Greenbelt facility one night when he announced to co-workers that he loves beer. A lot. He loves beer so much he might as well be captain of the U.S. Beer Drinking Team. In fact, he joked, he was the captain. No one believed him. They went back to flying satellites.

Buettner and team �trainer� Stew Smith, a former Navy SEAL, are at the team�s world headquarters now, training. HQ is pretty much the dock behind Buettner�s Severna Park house, and �training� seems to consist of sitting on a lawn chair, talking, sipping beers � very, very slowly. This is America�s beer-drinking team? Nobody�s doing 12-ounce curls. Nobody�s loading up on carbohydrates. The Latvians are gonna kill us! "

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Oh man....where do i even begin the jokes on this subject!

1. Are Dragonrider/Thomas Crowne members?
2. Why pay people to sit on their ass and drink beer, i'll do it for free.
3. Do you think they get bar snacks?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Where's the peanuts and beer nuts.....

Beer drinking is always serious bidnez around my house.

regards
seekerof

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
sipping slowly? the ATS drinking team could own these guys SO quickly...

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hell I dont drink anymore but I would be more than happy to pour all the beer for you guys.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Count me in if someone start an ATS drinking team! Screw those slow slipping old-whackos!

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
*Burp, I'm in... Show me to the kegs!

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just signed up!

U.S. Beer Drinking Team

They are thinking of building the National Beer Hall of Fame right near where I live in Atlantic City, great place for an ATS convention. *wink*

"National Beer Hall of Fame might be on tap for A.C."

There are 90 million beer drinkers out there, he says. Where can they go? Aside from, of course, the local pub. They need a place to celebrate their collective love of the brew.

The big idea, he said, is a place that has more beer than anywhere else in the world. More on tap, more in bottles. All that, and big hamburgers.

After visitors to the 40,000- to- 50,000- square-foot facility swipe their membership card, they could get their picture put on the wall for a temporary enshrinement. In the hall, breweriana, industry history and tasty brews would each have their place.

Visitors to the Web site www.usbdt.com, provide their mailing and e-mail addresses in exchange for printable "Beer Buddy" certificates and a heads up for local events.

www.pressofatlanticcity.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Whenever they are serious about a U.S. beer drinking team, they'll contact us here at ATS.

new topics

top topics

join