It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: 300 Muslim Clerics Call For Jihad Against The US in Three Days.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Yeah when will they move from basing their unbridled aggression in religion and move to corporate greed and secular Wars like us?

God get with the times, murder civilians for money instead of religion!

I guess the murders of people in 9/11 means nothing to you, or those people who were killed also by Islamic extremists in Spain... Oh i forgot...you keep claiming it was the US government who did it despite all the evidence that it was Islamic extremists...

Get with the times huh?... yep perhaps you should come down from those clouds and see what's really happening in the world...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just have to wonder once again...why in the world does the left always keep trying to use any topics to claim their lies and misconceptions, to bash the US and the US administration.... instead of staying on topic?....

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
You assume too much Muaddib.

Im a liberal yet I didnt for one second believe Saddam Hussein shouldnt of been removed. I supported the Iraq War until I found out the reasons being given to us were false and for ulterior motives.

You like to criticise left wingers for going off topic but youre far from sticking on topic. Far from it, Ive never seen any one copy and paste more for a tangental diversion than you do. I dont think thats automatically a bad thing, as you do, but the fact remains that youre not above it yourself.

I want to take this opportunity to drop the incessant bickering we've seemed to of created between ourself.

I honestly respect your right to your opinions. I'll keep my opinions on 9/11 quiet unless specifically related to the post, if you will also

Dont try and convert any mileage out of my capitulation on the 9/11 subject either. You know i'd gladly argue it with you till the cows come home but I see it as damaging this forum.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
You assume too much Muaddib.

You like to criticise left wingers for going off topic but youre far from sticking on topic. Far from it, Ive never seen any one copy and paste more for a tangental diversion than you do. I dont think thats automatically a bad thing, as you do, but the fact remains that youre not above it yourself.

When a lie is propagated and left in the open, i believe it must be addressed. Even if that lie has nothing to do with the topic. I would prefer if people stick to the topic, but if they don't I prefer to address the lie wherever is told/posted.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Back to the topic, 300 Muslim clerics call for jihad against the US in two days.

Let's see what happens after the two days are gone.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ya know, thats exactly why I post the seemingly offtopic issues that seems to infuriate you so.

If I see a case of U.S hypocrasy I bring up other hypocrasy or past contradictory behaviour to illustrate my views on the original subject in question. I use it in the same manner as you do, to try and prove a point or clarify some errors being posted.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Saint Malachy's Prophecies

This site says that WWIII between Christians and Muslims will begin during or immeadiately after Pope Benedict XVI's pontificate.

Hmm...interesting...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry about a call for Jihad. The calls from local clerics are only listend to by their more radical local followers.

Dont forget the Fatwa that was issued against Salman Rushdie. That demanded, with the upmost Islamic authourity, the killing of him by any muslim with the capacity to do so. He's still alive and I dont even recall any serious attempts on his life.

The amount of Jihads being called against the United States numbers in the thousands already. Why this is getting any of you riled is lost on me.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well subz, jihad's have been called by islamic governments against others and many people are dead because of it. You want to see it as, just bluffing, i prefer to look at what the calls for jihad has already done to other countries, and prefer not to think it could be just a bluff.

BTW, if it was a bluff why the violence over this and the demonstrations agains the US? Yet bibles are burnt in many countries around the world, along with US flags, and noone really reacts in this manner against those who burnt them.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

...or those people who were killed also by Islamic extremists in Spain.

And pro American goverment in Spain was defeated in the ellection the next day and Spain retreated from Iraq.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
LOL! I'm sorry, but come on?

The U.S. won't turn them over, even IF the story is true. (Which, at this point, it has been declared false).

If they want war, let them bring their war. What will it do? Nothing. If they want to directly confront the U.S. militarily? Won't happen for them. Look at both Gulf Wars, over in a matter of days.

=/

-wD

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

And pro American goverment in Spain was defeated in the ellection the next day and Spain retreated from Iraq.

i think spain made a really bad choice... instead of countering the problem they stay away and hide, it will soon come back to hunt them.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

And yet evidence from Spain and other European countries later showed that the terrorist attacks were in spite of the war on terror, and the evidence showed that Islamic extremists are still looking to attack not only spain, but France, Germany and other countries which opposed the war on terror....

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Yeah comments like paperclip's make me sick too.

Iraq was in violation of the signed cease fire agreement from the original gulf war and the U.S. was completely justified in resuming hostilities even without the additional U.N. resolutions passed etc. etc. etc.....

[edit on 5/17/2005 by djohnsto77]

Why, as a matter of international law, would you say that?

The grounds for justification move all over the place, and shifting goalposts after the game has been lost looks pretty poor.

The justification given for the invasion of Iraq in 2003 was the need to secure and eliminate the threat of imminently deployable weapons of mass destruction. This was coupled with false (deliberately fabricated and selected) intelligence. The justification was based on lies. No other justification was given and no other justification is relevant.

US Congress fell into a giant trap, and justice has not been brought to bear on any of the perpetrators yet, on any side. And, as has been mentioned, the cost has been hundreds of billions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives. Who is going to pay?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Once again...going off topic...and sprouting more lies...

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Why, as a matter of international law, would you say that?

The grounds for justification move all over the place, and shifting goalposts after the game has been lost looks pretty poor.

According to you...

The justification given for the invasion of Iraq in 2003 was the need to secure and eliminate the threat of imminently deployable weapons of mass destruction. This was coupled with false (deliberately fabricated and selected) intelligence. The justification was based on lies. No other justification was given and no other justification is relevant.

First off, you always try to do the same thing, proclaiming it was all a lie. Yet you keep ignoring evidence that proves the contrary to what you say. There is evidence that says that it is very likely the Russians helped Saddam hide those wmd. You don't want to believe what Russian military defectors who were working in these programs, one of them called Sarindar plan, say that these plans existed and which are the reason for the WMD dissapeareance, despite the fact that other evidence is present and shows that these programs did exist.

You don't want to believe the reports from border guards saying that they saw large convoys leave Iraq for Syria and other countries right before the war.

You don't want to believe that the reason for Saddam giving medals to Russian military personnel right before the war has anything to do with their help in carrying out this Sarindar plan and on their help on planning the best defenses against coalition forces.

You don't want to believe, despite evidence that proves it, that Saddam was looking to make terrorist attacks on US soil and US interests.

You don't want to believe the different reports which show that Saddam was not getting rid of his wmd programs but was rather burying the documents, burying the needed equipment for later use.

You obviously continue believing the misconceptions that keep appearing on some news media, despite the fact that evidence which even comes from other countries, shows that the US was right. Saddam wanted and had to capability to restart his wmd programs. He was acquiring banned technology, banned missiles, banned rocket parts, etc, which went against the agreement set forth by the UN to disarm Saddam.

Despite all of this, you keep claming it was all lies.

US Congress fell into a giant trap, and justice has not been brought to bear on any of the perpetrators yet, on any side. And, as has been mentioned, the cost has been hundreds of billions of dollars and tens of thousands of lives. Who is going to pay?

Well one of the same people who kept claming there was no reason for the US to go to war with IRaq also kept telling us and giving us intelligence from their own agencies that Saddam was planning on carrying terrorist attacks on the US. So if anyone set a trap agaisnt the US it was president Putin and his intelligence agencies.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Again, once more, we get off topic....because some people want to keep bashing, yelling and blaming the US for everything.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You reply to your own replies?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
BTW, if it was a bluff why the violence over this and the demonstrations agains the US? Yet bibles are burnt in many countries around the world, along with US flags, and noone really reacts in this manner against those who burnt them.

I dunno, I tend to think that Christians are lazy / tolerant.

If someone burns a bible, most Christians I know would say to themselves, "Doh! THAT guy's going to hell!"

Zip

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
SCREW THEM ALL!!!!!

What these people can’t take some negative words about their religion??? GO F*%^ YOURSELVES!!!!!

Honestly, people all over the world say what they want about all kinds of religions. Is the Muslim religion special in some way that I am unaware of?? Bunch of losers!!!!!!! If you don’t like it then go burry your faces in the plentiful sand that is yours!!!!!

I am not attacking Muslims but this is BS!!!

If I think the Quran is full of sh%t then I have the right to say so!!!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think you need to calm down and if you're Christian you should read the Bible a little better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join